Jun 14, 2018
i thought the update was fine, they just seem smaller each time because the game is massive at this point so of course they're puny in comparison to everything else

my main gripe is that there's no content with jenny and debbie together, if they're not going to include that why bother making the game it seems like a total waste

Omnikuken

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 22, 2018
Over 7 pages at 40 posts of people asking why Debbie isn't preg or where is Judith content. My god you dudes fail so hard. Seems like 99%+ of the thread just woke up for release, never bothered to read anything these past 6 months and suddenly feels the need to cry Judith still has nothing ........ Then there's the buncha dudes who think "main story finale" = the game is done and the planned 3+ routes don't exist. Kinda miss the empty milkers scam at this point

2xjj

Aug 5, 2016
It’s hilarious how so call ex patrons are mad at the amount time between updates when Dc put out a poll about this very issue and his patrons voted that’s it’s okay for longer times between each update.

Badjourasmix

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 22, 2017
Every release it's the same thing: "He gets $x a month, why hasn't he hired more people? He is going lose patrons". And what happens? His patrons continue to go up and up. DC tried out at least one other artist and decided he didn't like having to clean up their work when it didn't meet his specifications. They release the game for free and have no control over the $$ that come in as Patreon is set up as a donation system.

Things have been the same for 2+ years yet people continue to complain over and over and over and obviously nothing is changing. If you don't like the updates here, move along and find another game. There's tons of games out there that make way less money with faster updates for you to support. I have 60+ links to games I check.
You're wasting your time, this happens after every update is released, just ignore the thread for a while. People very rarely have interesting discussions about the game here.

2xjj

Aug 5, 2016
Let’s have some actual discussion about the update. I really did the whole sequence In the warehouse.

KnolleJupp

Mar 24, 2020
Here is my story.
Summertime Saga was the very first Ren'Py "lewd" game I ever played.
Therefor Summertime Saga will always be something special for me. It opened a door into a whole world and community.
I'm not a patron, after all the game is for free.
Today I like "playing" these kind of games. I enjoy the different storys, the different styles etc.
It's understandable when people are unhappy to see how much money Dark Cookie gets every month and how less content is released over the time, but...
In german we have a saying: Man's will is his heaven. Don't condescendingly rush for his patrons.
Now we have a new version. It's not like some other developers "begging" for money for an abandoned game...
And it was clearly announced what the update will include and what not.
Everybody has his own expectations and it's impossible to fulfill all of them.
Also it seems that some fans - definitely not all - are a little bit... special. (The end of Lains Mod etc.)

Last edited:
Reactions: XJ347

Fap2DragonGirls

Sep 30, 2019
Every release it's the same thing: "He gets $x a month, why hasn't he hired more people? He is going lose patrons". And what happens? His patrons continue to go up and up. DC tried out at least one other artist and decided he didn't like having to clean up their work when it didn't meet his specifications. They release the game for free and have no control over the $$ that come in as Patreon is set up as a donation system.

Things have been the same for 2+ years yet people continue to complain over and over and over and obviously nothing is changing. If you don't like the updates here, move along and find another game. There's tons of games out there that make way less money with faster updates for you to support. I have 60+ links to games I check.

DC makes the game for free, there's literally no paywall after the first 24 hours, so he has no control over how much money is coming in. If you don't like his work (or his speed of work) then don't give him anymore money. I stopped when I realized how slow he was. But coming here to complain about how much money he makes, which again, he has no control over, is just silly.
"He has no control over how much money is coming in" Jesus I can't believe someone typed this out without even a hint of irony. When you stretch 20 minutes of content that easily took you 2 months previously, into 6 months, you are DEFINITELY controlling how much money is coming in. I will continue to pirate as I always have, because low impulse control paypigs will still continue to support this game, no matter what DC does. Hell he could go on vacation for the next 6 months, and Patreon supporters would fund 100% of it and ask Daddy DC if they can get their Judith update now

PatreonTed

Jun 3, 2017
ah yes the good old "it's a donation so it doesn't count" argument
Absolutely riveting
I mean, what do you want the devs to do? They work at this speed that was established years ago, they're not changing it. There's no cap (AFAIK) on donations through Patreon, they give out the rewards as specified on the page, and based on polls people are fine with the release speed. Should they say: "Hey, Patreons, stop giving us money dummies!"?

Reactions: XJ347
Jan 1, 2019

DC makes the game for free, there's literally no paywall after the first 24 hours, so he has no control over how much money is coming in. If you don't like his work (or his speed of work) then don't give him anymore money. I stopped when I realized how slow he was. But coming here to complain about how much money he makes, which again, he has no control over, is just silly.

" Things have been the same for 2+ years" Exactly and that is the problem. He is gaining money but things don't change. The main purpose for a patreon is to grow a project and make actions on it, if it's not evolving then something is wrong.

"If you don't like the updates here, move along and find another game." Already did i don't play STS anymore, and i dont have any pledging to it.

Also it is not because people are pledging more and more that it means the game is good i think people are discovering the game and sees how complete it is and then pledge in hope to get updates faster. Yes the game is pretty complete but the new updates are legit not at the same level as it was before and its a big issue.

Triaxe

Mar 16, 2019
This will probably get lost in the sea of complaints but I liked the update. It's nice to finally get some closure and I liked the Tony/Harold dynamic. Sex scenes were nice too but I can't say I care too much about these minor characters. I barely know them and their story just kind of ends after having sex with them. Nice bonus at least.

Overall, I'd say this update was okay/decent, mostly plot heavy which makes sense since it's the main plot update.

Reactions: Miðgarðsormr
4.10 star(s) 357 Votes