sstrangemd

Mar 15, 2020
People here really seem to misinterpret criticism as entitlement. This has nothing to with the fact that the game is free. We're calling out a dev who makes tons of fucking money for the fact that he is lazy as fuck... That's a fact. We're calling him out for not giving a shit about his patrons...That's a fact. Quit putting fucking words in our mouths and actually read the shit we post before you start bitching about people being free gamers
I might be an idiot with really bad reading comprehension, but it's super easy to misinterpret valid criticisms, like yours, and entitlement. I feel like for every person that has legitimate gripes there are people that are either jumping on the bandwagon or, like you said, feel entitled. There's a graph that shows release dates for each update and it's pretty consistent, maybe my expectations are a bit lower when it comes to work ethic and lewd games or whatever you wanna call them. Personally more worried about the quality of the content rather than the content creator.

EDIT: Not sure if I'm allowed to link stuff or whatever, but

Reactions: AngelAIGS and Bob69

SSBBSNAKE

Jul 27, 2017
This update at least for me was good, not excellent or great but good enough to spend some time playing around and for me rn it feels like a south park like game cuz all the movie easter eggs like the mcgufin and the sewer exit lol, dont know you but this version runs faster in my potato than the last one (from 1min last version to 30 secs this version lo load) what i feel dissapointed is that the implied extra scenes with Maria and Tina and the suposed threesome with Maria and Mario Bros if you choose in prev. version to let him stay to watch werent and Maria and Tina are too hot for me to let this one slide that easy this time...

Omnikuken

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 22, 2018
I might be an idiot with really bad reading comprehension, but it's super easy to misinterpret valid criticisms, like yours, and entitlement. I feel like for every person that has legitimate gripes there are people that are either jumping on the bandwagon or, like you said, feel entitled. There's a graph that shows release dates for each update and it's pretty consistent, maybe my expectations are a bit lower when it comes to work ethic and lewd games or whatever you wanna call them. Personally more worried about the quality of the content rather than the content creator.

EDIT: Not sure if I'm allowed to link stuff or whatever, but
Valid criticism with only false claims and lies ? Yeah sure

whitecode

Nov 1, 2017
The prom is more like a finale of the game, with all the routes finished (god knows when) the MC goes to the prom, and then he's like: why choose when you can have all of them? Then ends with the girls on his huge bed at the seaside villa

cadwaladr

Aug 4, 2017
" Things have been the same for 2+ years" Exactly and that is the problem. He is gaining money but things don't change. The main purpose for a patreon is to grow a project and make actions on it, if it's not evolving then something is wrong.

"If you don't like the updates here, move along and find another game." Already did i don't play STS anymore, and i dont have any pledging to it.

Also it is not because people are pledging more and more that it means the game is good i think people are discovering the game and sees how complete it is and then pledge in hope to get updates faster. Yes the game is pretty complete but the new updates are legit not at the same level as it was before and its a big issue.
I think this post sums up the problem quite succinctly. 2 years ago he wasn't earning $78k a month.

One would think, like ANY business model, when your funds increase, you try to expand. An extra 25k a month is absolutely more than enough to hire someone to increase production times.
It's not just $25k a month more, it's $48k a month more. His last Patreon goal was $30k.

If you don't think he's milking (and I would in his shoes), ask yourself why he didn't have a $50k goal, a $60k goal or a $70k. Hell, at this rate why not an $80k goal? Perhaps a goal could be release more quickly. Employ more staff because we know from this update art isn't the bottleneck. Curious how we don't hear that excuse much anymore. But we don't need to; there's always another excuse.

I wonder why anyone still donates to someone who has seemingly reached their goals, and clearly isn't going to use that extra money to enhance the project. There's a hell of a lot other deserving devs out there.

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
So I finally managed to play the update and I'm actually quite happy with it. Liu is a really great addition to the cast and it's a decent ending in general. I quite like how they continued the "casual crime" thing that started with Roxxy's update, though it did get a little more serious than I would have expected.

I'm a bit sad, even though it was known before, that the threesome with Tony and Maria didn't make it into the game, but given how much Sploosh seems to want it, there's hope a later update, I'd say.

Looking at the main story in total, yes it did indeed take too long, but in hindsight it's going to be a good addition to the game, especially for those who play it for the first time.

Ataman87

Jun 9, 2018
I know right? It's like they lack the intellect to provide any feedback beyond the scope of their personal interests. Kudos to the people here who are actually complaining about legitimate problems like bugs, as well those keeping their opinions civil. But to the others,
Yea telling people to shut the fuck if they say enything negative about the game is so very civil and polite from you.

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
It's not just $25k a month more, it's $48k a month more. His last Patreon goal was $30k.

If you don't think he's milking (and I would in his shoes), ask yourself why he didn't have a $50k goal, a $60k goal or a $70k. Hell, at this rate why not an $80k goal?

I wonder why anyone still donates to someone who has seemingly reached their goals, and clearly isn't going to use that extra money to enhance the project. There's a hell of a lot other deserving devs out there.
You have to look at it from a different point of view, though. He was a dude who wanted to draw his own game and wanted to make a living from that. Not less but also not much more. So sure, the game is probably not worth much more than 25k but I can respect that DC doesn't start changing all of his plans, just because there's more money involved.

He never made any excuses. That's just the deal and that's clear for 3 years by now. He's drawing the game at his speed, nobody has to pay for it and people give what ever they want. It's really that easy.

Omnikuken

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 22, 2018

Enjoy milkers, witness his Patron count/income dwindle down cause people are leaving ship since DC is a trash dev. Behold how everything keeps going up for years even though DC is a scamlord

Infinite9

Oct 5, 2017
I feel like dev taking 7 months for update is an issue for sure. But i feel like the unsatifying results of last 3 updates were caused by him making 3 parts of main story. Causing 1 or 2 scenes for "new" characters. I just dont get it why he doesnt make more animations for the scenes. You are taking 7 months to finish, people sure do expect something more and no one can blame you for that.

4.10 star(s) 357 Votes