nilo96

May 7, 2020
We got 0.20 in May 2020 and 0.20.8/9 in April this year, which last time I checked isn't even 1 year ..
Yes, he only started making version 0.20 in November 2019 and finished it in April of this year, I think it's easy to calculate how much time was actually spent. ;) Of course, you can argue that there were still small additions, but there was one with Consuela (I don't even consider Halloween, let's decide that it is included in 0.20.8), but still an incredibly much time was spent. And this is just my opinion, but the main story turned out so-so, both from the point of view of the main plot (the main villains are Russians and the corrupt Mayor Trump - OH GOD, HOW ORIGINAL !!!!), and from the point of view of working out the characters, relations with them and even the sex scenes were quite mediocre (as if the developers had lost all imagination and did not try to surprise the players at all).

Reactions: PePeTheCoCk
Nov 9, 2017
Guess opening the phone menu and clicking around the 4 icons until you find the hints that 99% hold your hand through the entire game is now the bane of mankind, way easier to go to random sites and get a walkthrough that basically tells you the same thing ....... (Not aimed at quoted, just replying to his reply)
At least you aren't given wrong advice as in one game.

It says 'perhaps you should take a walk in the morning to talk to character x' You do that five Days in a row and on the sixth day you do other hings and come back in the afternoon and you can talk to the character. Another trip down wrong advice lane is when you are told the "monster" is only seen in the evening but you find out you have set up things in the afternoon. o_O

At least this game doesn't have stuff like that.

Nov 9, 2017
I disagree with you last year we got only 12 scenes and they were, to be honest, not of the best quality. And it took more than 1.5 years, so it seems to me that the game has started to "sink" lately.
But last year we had Covid so it wasn't like there was anything else to do with 90% of everything shut down. :p Why yes I am being sarcastic, how could you tell? :D

nilo96

May 7, 2020
But last year we had Covid so it wasn't like there was anything else to do with 90% of everything shut down. :p Why yes I am being sarcastic, how could you tell?
Yeah, but for whom is it easy now? :)
And given the specifics of the deves' work, the covid was not supposed to greatly affect their productivity - they work from home, they have a small company and they can easily cooperate online, the DC was sick for a couple of weeks, but this could not significantly affect the production time, since other members of his team could carry out their tasks.
And for those who say that the quality of the game has increased significantly, I will answer - remember the Roxy update. There was a bunch of scenes (9 if I don't confuse anything), a good story, a well-written heroine arc, a couple of mini-games, and it all took about 3 months. An update for Diana, I was not thrilled with it, but in terms of the time spent on the development of the content, it easily makes any part of the main story. Or Eve's update, although it took more than 4.5 months to create, but many consider it one of the best. In general, I repeat once again, I personally do not see an increase in quality that could justify such a development time. As i already wrote once, i do not consider the developer a fraud, i do not call heavenly punishments on his head, but the fact that he abuses "milking" cartridges is a fact.

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
And given the specifics of the deves' work, the covid was not supposed to greatly affect their productivity - they work from home,
Which is a strange thing to say, when you suddenly have 3 small kids between the age of 0 and 3 at home because the daycare is closed for months ;)
I will answer - remember the Roxy update. There was a bunch of scenes (9 if I don't confuse anything), a good story, a well-written heroine arc, a couple of mini-games, and it all took about 3 months.
Well, it also was the last update without pregnancies, without any reworks, without wallpapers and with indeed way fewer cutscenes compared to the very recent ones. Every bit of art takes time and you can spend that time only once.

Last edited:
Reactions: jestertlw
Jan 1, 2019
If he completes the story for the popular characters he wouldn't have been able to stretch his development for those three years, gotta dangle that fruit. I'll hop back on his Patreon when I see updates for the characters I like (The Principle, waiting for so long....)

I will say despite the complaining he's a lot better than others, there is plenty of content for those 3 years even if it's not for the more popular characters. Balsamique from Behind the Dune has been teasing and teasing people with the prospect of Lady Jessica content for five years, dude made a great MILF and the only way to see her have sex is to either brainwash her, lose and she get's raped, or choose the "bad end" on purpose.
Understandable but DC earns more money than Balsamique. It just feels like he scams his patreons, the updates are taking way too long and they could make it faster by investing more into production like hiring programmers, new artists and writers. He has the financial stuff to do it so why do patreons have to wait half a year to get an update? Like i can understand it takes time to write story and such, but i'm sure they could release additional content on the side for existing characters like Jenny, Roxxy which are the most popular characters by far imo.

Like 1 update of small content each month with a side story and few scenes would not hurt, and i am sure people would stop criticizing DC for the update times. We want content, they are other developpers who earn way less than him and who makes updates every month or so, so why DC can't do that?

Last edited:

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
... they are other developpers who earn way less than him and who makes updates every month or so, so why DC can't do that?
The rather simple answer is because it's a 2D game and DC essentially wants to draw his stuff himself - unless the perfect artist applies to help him out with these drawings. People may not like that answer, but it's been like this for 3 years now, so nobody can say they didn't know.
The team is tailored for DC's drawing speed and that's about all there is, most people are actually only working part time (writer, coder, poser), because there simply isn't enough work to employ them fulltime. It literally never mattered, whether he earned 30 or 70k, the speed would always be as it is.

Edit: Just to add, that's something every 2D game has to deal with. Once you reach the point where your artist works fulltime, there's nothing you can really do if you want to stay 100% consistent. Unless you decide to go really big and to employ a whole team of artists with proper supervision, quality control, etc. or unless you don't care for consistent art.

Last edited:

LooLoo Baloo

Mar 15, 2021
Understandable but DC earns more money than Balsamique. It just feels like he scams his patreons, the updates are taking way too long and they could make it faster by investing more into production like hiring programmers, new artists and writers. He has the financial stuff to do it so why do patreons have to wait half a year to get an update? Like i can understand it takes time to write story and such, but i'm sure they could release additional content on the side for existing characters like Jenny, Roxxy which are the most popular characters by far imo.

Like 1 update of small content each month with a side story and few scenes would not hurt, and i am sure people would stop criticizing DC for the update times. We want content, they are other developpers who earn way less than him and who makes updates every month or so, so why DC can't do that?
I haven't bothered to read this thread in a year but I know that your comment won't get very far. You're talking to people that worship this game, trying to make them realise that development is exceedingly slow so that DC can make more money out of them, needless to say they won't comprehend it
They'll waffle about the artwork being the excuse, failing to realise it takes so long because it's redrawn a hundred times. Having said that, there definitely are developers that make faster updates as well as better quality updates on this site, and fortunately their growth is much higher than this
But, on the other side of things, if you had a group of people willing to throw their wages at you, why would you work harder for them when you don't have to? I guess some are selfish, and others selfless. It's easy to see which it is in this situation
But I digress, the smaller developers will be rewarded for their hard work, already games that started only a year ago are earning 10k+ per month, get to 2 years and they'll be on double whatever this is on

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
They'll waffle about the artwork being the excuse, failing to realise it takes so long because it's redrawn a hundred times.
Well, you'll hardly find a piece of art in the game that was drawn more than two times, while a lot was never changed at all and will never be changed.
Having said that, there definitely are developers that make faster updates as well as better quality updates on this site, and fortunately their growth is much higher than this
As soon as we are talking about 2D, there really isn't that much out there and the good games like WaL! certainly aren't faster, either. 3D on the other hand is of course almost endlessly scalable and they really have a fewer reasons to not speed up their process. Buying proper hardware alone will help massively, while even the fasted rig won't help 2D games at all, just as an example.
But I digress, the smaller developers will be rewarded for their hard work, already games that started only a year ago are earning 10k+ per month, get to 2 years and they'll be on double whatever this is on
Congratulations, you found out that money isn't actually everything this is about. If DC would really want to make as much money as possible he'd of course have grown his project to earn a lot more. I'm not saying he isn't earning obscene amounts of money, but he certainly could be making a lot more.

Then again, that's really his decision. He's producing his game the way he wants and people give whatever they think it's worth. Those who don't like the process will play it for free and everybody should be happy?

Last edited:

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
I haven't bothered to read this thread in a year but I know that your comment won't get very far. You're talking to people that worship this game, trying to make them realise that development is exceedingly slow so that DC can make more money out of them, needless to say they won't comprehend it
They'll waffle about the artwork being the excuse, failing to realise it takes so long because it's redrawn a hundred times. Having said that, there definitely are developers that make faster updates as well as better quality updates on this site, and fortunately their growth is much higher than this
But, on the other side of things, if you had a group of people willing to throw their wages at you, why would you work harder for them when you don't have to? I guess some are selfish, and others selfless. It's easy to see which it is in this situation
People never get tired saying this. I am following this game since over two years now and I am happy if it gets updated five more. If you don't like that, don't give money as a patron, simple as that.

I keep reading that DC makes too much money and there are so many other games that get updated twice as often with three times the content. Name one that is not a 3D assed re-use and that can really compare! There are only two I can currently think of that may be comparable. One is What a Legend, the other is Something Unlimited. The second one's thread is currently spammed by haters even more than this one, because the dev is so slow and milking his patrons. The first had it's last update also half a year ago. Now what?

Omnikuken

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 22, 2018
^ Then you go the bigbrain way and find out DC is top 3 overall, while the dude above him makes over 150k a month doing podcasts ....

nilo96

May 7, 2020
Can anyone post an up-to-date roadmap for this game? It would be very interesting to see what is planned to be done and what has already been done. I'll be very thankful.

Jan 1, 2019
Well, you'll hardly find a piece of art in the game that was drawn more than two times, while a lot was never changed at all and will never be changed.

As soon as we are talking about 2D, there really isn't that much out there and the good games like WaL! certainly aren't faster, either. 3D on the other hand is of course almost endlessly scalable and they really have a fewer reasons to not speed up their process. Buying proper hardware alone will help massively, while even the fasted rig won't help 2D games at all, just as an example.

Congratulations, you found out that money isn't actually everything this is about. If DC would really want to make as much money as possible he'd of course have grown his project to earn a lot more. I'm not saying he isn't earning obscene amounts of money, but he certainly could be making a lot more.

Then again, that's really his decision. He's producing his game the way he wants and people give whatever they think it's worth. Those who don't like the process will play it for free and everybody should be happy?

Well stay blind ig

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
Well stay blind ig
Well, feel free to enlighten me ;)

The problem I've got with most of these posts is that they aren't anything but empty words at best. Once you ask for actual examples etc. nothing ever comes back.

Can anyone post an up-to-date roadmap for this game? It would be very interesting to see what is planned to be done and what has already been done. I'll be very thankful.
I haven't seen a very recent version for quite some time, but this should basically be it, just that the "Tony, Rump, Liu..." bar should be full:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

One has to keep in mind though that it doesn't include reworks, etc. so there's actually more to be done. Just like the trackers it's more a general visualisation and nothing one should really rely on.

Last edited:

nilo96

May 7, 2020
I haven't seen a very recent version for quite some time, but this should basically be it, just that the "Tony, Rump, Liu..." bar should be full:

One has to keep in mind though that it doesn't include reworks, etc. so there's actually more to be done. Just like the trackers it's more a general visualisation and nothing one should really rely on.
thank you so much

And what is meant by the paragraph "Beach House and Harem Features"? Any additional scenes with existing characters? What will realistically move
classmates to a beach house?

Last edited:

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
thank you so much
You're welcome, though I should add that somebody else uploaded it here some time ago. Sadly I can't find the post, else I would have linked that.

Looking at the map and considering reworks, the bars for Debbie, Mia, Erik should be at 2 or 3 at best and these for Ronda, Judith and Annie should be at zero. Just like the teachers should be at 4 or 5 so. Then we'd be closer to the actual workload workload that has to happen before the game could be considered done. Then again, there'll be more monster girls and certainly more scene updates etc. later on.

Else you can probably remove the poker game, too. I kinda doubt that's ever going to happen.

Late edit:
And what is meant by the paragraph "Beach House and Harem Features"? Any additional scenes with existing characters? What will realistically move
Even though he didn't want at first, DC essentially promised that MC will be able to invite the schoolgirls to the beach house once everything is done and you'll be able to get sex scenes/threesomes/etc. in some fitting combinations. Else one will be able to buy some fitting furniture, etc.

I still have no idea how he'll actually do it, given the time it takes to create the sex scenes, but I guess we'll see. It certainly won't be like the harem stuff we see in some 3D games.

Last edited:

Omnikuken

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 22, 2018
thank you so much

Once most of the game is done and we're left with only add-ons, there'll be update(s) for dating the schoolgirls, which in turn will lead to them coming to the beach house and perform snu-snu.

4.10 star(s) 357 Votes