Tataro

Mar 27, 2018
If DarkCookie didn't flex his income, half of the people whining about update time wouldn't complain at all. They act like the more money he makes the faster updates should come. He hasn't set any more patron goals, it's not like he's promising faster updates. If he wants to work on most of the game by himself then it's his choice, it's tedious to manage a team and there's no room for mistakes in a 2D game with so much coding.

Look at Dr. Pinkcake, he does everything by himself - rendering, animations, coding. He's constantly adding new features that we don't really need. He wants to do it all by himself because he said he doesn't like managing a team nor does he trust them to not make mistakes. It's the dev's passion.

It's always the pirates with no intention of ever pledging who whine the most thinking they're so entitled.

Why support something that turned shit? The "Polls" always pick the same bunch of characters, there are chars who never received an update since they were introduced, all while he piles in with new characters. On top of that from removing hair to making every single tit identical he can go f himself

EreKuri

Feb 13, 2021
Why support something that turned shit? The "Polls" always pick the same bunch of characters, there are chars who never received an update since they were introduced, all while he piles in with new characters. On top of that from removing hair to making every single tit identical he can go f himself
Then don't support. Fuck if he cares, he doesn't need an extra dollar on top of the 70k a month. All I'm getting from this post is a salty Judith fan who's pissed she can't win polls.

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
Then don't support. Fuck if he cares, he doesn't need an extra dollar on top of the 70k a month. All I'm getting from this post is a salty Judith fan who's pissed she can't win polls.
Even though she did finally win. She's now in the queue...

macca_joe

Feb 1, 2019
If DarkCookie didn't flex his income, half of the people whining about update time wouldn't complain at all. They act like the more money he makes the faster updates should come. He hasn't set any more patron goals, it's not like he's promising faster updates. If he wants to work on most of the game by himself then it's his choice, it's tedious to manage a team and there's no room for mistakes in a 2D game with so much coding.

Look at Dr. Pinkcake, he does everything by himself - rendering, animations, coding. He's constantly adding new features that we don't really need. He wants to do it all by himself because he said he doesn't like managing a team nor does he trust them to not make mistakes. It's the dev's passion.

It's always the pirates with no intention of ever pledging who whine the most thinking they're so entitled.

Lol imagine comparing Pink to Dark. One who has already completed a game and is over halfway through his second who on top of that manages to stick to a regular schedule for content. This has nothing to do with "dev passion" and everything to do with sticking what you say and being timely.
If Dark "dsnt like to manage people" as you say don't hire people and say its to help with making content. Pink is 100000% transparent and actually most the part sticks to release dates (at least compared to cookie anyway)

Energetic

Jun 8, 2019
Lol imagine comparing Pink to Dark. One who has already completed a game and is over halfway through his second who on top of that manages to stick to a regular schedule for content. This has nothing to do with "dev passion" and everything to do with sticking what you say and being timely.
If Dark "dsnt like to manage people" as you say don't hire people and say its to help with making content. Pink is 100000% transparent and actually most the part sticks to release dates (at least compared to cookie anyway)
Why do you say that? There is NO release schedule for Summertime Saga. Cookie has done that on purpose because every update has a very different workload. This upcoming tech update ensures that the whole game becomes widescreen, this involves changing EVERY background in the ENTIRE game + the shifting of character placements on screen andsoforth. Only makes sense that it takes a while. In the meantime, Kompas have started development of their second title. Although I think that might only be writing so far.

• Haha
Reactions: rorororo21

401Grem

May 14, 2017
I didn't say they were being scammed. I said they have the right to call him a scammer because he is. Anyone is allowed to call ICSTOR a scammer even if you're not pledged because that's what he is.
That's BS, you have no right to call him that when you are not being scammed and have no evidence he's scamming anyone. that's just slander, you spread lies here based on only your opinion.

Last edited:
  • Angry

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
Please go marry Pink, and sue DC.

• Angry

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
That's BS, you have no right to call him that when you are not being scammed and have no evidence he's scamming anyone. that's just slander, you spread lies here based on only your opinion.
To be fair, noone in his right mind would give money to ICSTOR and you really don't have to make yourself a victim just to be able to call somebody out. It's balantly obvious that ICSTOR treats his patrons with utmost disrespect and it's ok to say that. Whether you want to call that scamming or something different really hardly matters.

If you are in ICSTOR's position and fuck it up as badly as he did, you'll have to live with these consequences. After all, there are downsides of being popular, too.

Reactions: bamvius

401Grem

May 14, 2017
To be fair, noone in his right mind would give money to ICSTOR and you really don't have to make yourself a victim just to be able to call somebody out. It's balantly obvious that ICSTOR treats his patrons with utmost disrespect and it's ok to say that. Whether you want to call that scamming or something different really hardly matters.

If you are in ICSTOR's position and fuck it up as badly as he did, you'll have to live with these consequences. After all, there are downsides of being popular, too.
I think this forum is no place for slander and defamation, or those who spread it, if the dev is that bad, why isn't the game removed and no longer promoted here?

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018

There is no problem in this online world, once your reputation is ruined, to get yourself another identity. Guess what? I bet ICSTOR already did that.

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
I think this forum is no place for slander and defamation, or those who spread it, if the dev is that bad, why isn't the game removed and no longer promoted here?
Because this remains a board for pirates and it's really not their job to judge devs beyond setting the given tags? Lying to patrons certainly isn't an offense by any of the rules over here but it's still nothing anybody should support or downplay.

And yes, there are indeed devs out there who are "that bad" (some actually worse than that) and it's only fair to warn people, if neither patreon nor "F95" itself provide these information.

There is no problem in this online world, once your reputation is ruined, to get yourself another identity. Guess what? I bet ICSTOR already did that.
Well, he'd have to work his way up again and - unless he's got a massive change of style - he'd likely be found out sooner than later. Until now he basically released "the same game" (or let's call it very similar games) over and over again and I'm not sure if he'd really manage to create something vastly different.

Reactions: dawlben

Blutregen

May 25, 2017
Personally, I don't respond to such envy-filled posts like EreKuri's. To envy someone because of the success of a good project and try to make him bad... that gives a deep look into a not very friendly personality.
I know you are a pleasant person, but don't give the envious any more fodder and don't let their bullshit get to you.
Keep calm and enjoy your life, peace!

Reactions: 401Grem and Omniel

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
Personally, I don't respond to such envy-filled posts like EreKuri's. To envy someone because of the success of a good project and try to make him bad... that gives a deep look into a not very friendly personality.
I know you are a pleasant person, but don't give the envious any more fodder and don't let their bullshit get to you.
Keep calm and enjoy your life, peace!
That sounds a bit too easy to me. Just as with everything else it ain't all sunshine and rainbows and, as said, it's fine to call out people if they break their promises repeatedly for years.

Sure, there are many users out here who will complain about everything that isn't 100% what they'd have done and who will use nasty words for no real reason (as it happens here with SS quite often) and it's true that this doesn't help anybody. But it's not that much better to ignore a dev's actual wrongdoing and just call anybody who does so envious.

There's a very simple question to be answered. Does a dev deliver what he actually promised his patrons and what they could reasonably expect? If yes, that's fine and those who complain may get lost. If not, then that dev deserves to be called out for it and the bigger the "no" gets, the harscher that criticism may be.

I mean, I can't imagine anybody here would seriously write the same if DC had released nothing for 2 years without real explanation, while he's actually selling the game in 25$ tiers or so.

WhiteWolf34Uk

Apr 2, 2021
when next update will come? know someone...
i have 11 kids in this game, dammmn
2 boys with Nadia - daughter of russian mobster
1 boy with Melonia Trump
1 boy with Ivanka Trump
1 boy with Jenny
1 boy with Diane
1 boy with Consuela - mother of Martinez ...lool
1 boy with Becca's mother, Ms. Tina
1 boy with Maria, Tony's Wife.
1 boy with Svetlana
one girl with Liu ... . :D :))

• Wow