Blutregen

May 25, 2017
That sounds a bit too easy to me. Just as with everything else it ain't all sunshine and rainbows and, as said, it's fine to call out people if they break their promises repeatedly for years.

Sure, there are many users out here who will complain about everything that isn't 100% what they'd have done and who will use nasty words for no real reason (as it happens here with SS quite often) and it's true that this doesn't help anybody. But it's not that much better to ignore a dev's actual wrongdoing and just call anybody who does so envious.

There's a very simple question to be answered. Does a dev deliver what he actually promised his patrons and what they could reasonably expect? If yes, that's fine and those who complain may get lost. If not, then that dev deserves to be called out for it and the bigger the "no" gets, the harscher that criticism may be.

I mean, I can't imagine anybody here would seriously write the same if DC had released nothing for 2 years without real explanation, while he's actually selling the game in 25$ tiers or so.
I agree with you on some points of your statement, as a Dev you should not make promises to your patrons too often and then not keep them. Complaining about the Dev on a pirate site and badmouthing him is not the right way to make him realize that you don't agree with his current behavior towards his patrons. It's better to donate less to his project as a patron or to completely suspend your monthly donations for a certain period of time.
And if you are not a patron, in my opinion, you do not have the right to complain about the dev, you do not give him a monthly donation to support him with his project.
It's pretty pointless to complain here, as I said before, as a patron you should reconsider your monthly donation if it's still justified.

phill_leotardo

Dec 20, 2019
when next update will come? know someone...
i have 11 kids in this game, dammmn
2 boys with Nadia - daughter of russian mobster
1 boy with Melonia Trump
1 boy with Ivanka Trump
1 boy with Jenny
1 boy with Diane
1 boy with Consuela - mother of Martinez ...lool
1 boy with Becca's mother, Ms. Tina
1 boy with Maria, Tony's Wife.
1 boy with Svetlana
one girl with Liu ... . :D :))
That's not much. I have 5 babies alone with Jenny, Diane and Maria. I lost count on how many babies the other girls has with my MC

WhiteWolf34Uk

Apr 2, 2021
How do you remember how many kids you have? I got everyone I could pregnant so I lost count a while ago.
cause i have a elephant memory and secondly i remember all girls or womens with i was together and let them pregnant, and last time u can see how kids was on kindergarden on Anne's Mom and how many more are now there.

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
I agree with you on some points of your statement, as a Dev you should not make promises to your patrons too often and then not keep them. Complaining about the Dev on a pirate site and badmouthing him is not the right way to make him realize that you don't agree with his current behavior towards his patrons. It's better to donate less to his project as a patron or to completely suspend your monthly donations for a certain period of time.
And if you are not a patron, in my opinion, you do not have the right to complain about the dev, you do not give him a monthly donation to support him with his project.
It's pretty pointless to complain here, as I said before, as a patron you should reconsider your monthly donation if it's still justified.
I'd agree with most of that, except for the fact that this may be a pirate site, but it's also the biggest board for these kind of games and a starting point/search engine for many, who may even pay for the game at some point.

So no, I don't think anybody here is expecting the Dev to change by writing here - at least not once we are talking about devs who aren't involved here - BUT it's totally fine to warn people about these kind of devs and games. First of all, so they don't make the mistake to spend money, which they will certainly regret because they won't get anything for it and secondly because some may won't like to start playing games which quite likely won't ever be finished the way they are supposed to. I for example usually don't play games which are abandoned and I'm sure I'm not the only one.

So it's only fair to have real conversation about it and especially in the more extreme cases like ICSTOR, Gumdrop, etc. there's almost nothing nice left to be said. It's really as close to an actual scam as you could get.

Reactions: nilo96 and Nisse_69

Blutregen

May 25, 2017
I'd agree with most of that, except for the fact that this may be a pirate site, but it's also the biggest board for these kind of games and a starting point/search engine for many, who may even pay for the game at some point.

So no, I don't think anybody here is expecting the Dev to change by writing here - at least not once we are talking about devs who aren't involved here - BUT it's totally fine to warn people about these kind of devs and games. First of all, so they don't make the mistake to spend money, which they will certainly regret because they won't get anything for it and secondly because some may won't like to start playing games which quite likely won't ever be finished the way they are supposed to. I for example usually don't play games which are abandoned and I'm sure I'm not the only one.

So it's only fair to have real conversation about it and especially in the more extreme cases like ICSTOR, Gumdrop, etc. there's almost nothing nice left to be said. It's really as close to an actual scam as you could get.
Yes, I agree with you, this site is not a pure pirate site like SVSComics for example, it's also a place to get information about adult games, to ask for help when you get stuck in a game and to discuss about the games and their Devs. But in which tone? Calling a Dev a scammer when he doesn't deliver what he promises a few times is going a little bit too far in my opinion.

Jan 1, 2019
"He works on his art everyday :mad:((" "If you dont like it then dont pledge :mad:((" "If he has tons of patreons that means his way of working is good right? :mad:(("

People only pledge just to vote on polls so they can coom to their favorite character in the update that will be released in 20 years.

Reactions: Ottoeight

gam2000

Apr 12, 2021
How do you remember how many kids you have? I got everyone I could pregnant so I lost count a while ago.
I have enough IRL so I don't have ANY in the game. :LOL:

As far as blasting the DEVs goes, we get what we pay for. If the DEV is doing a bad job, his patrons should take care of that with their power. So sit here and blast away with no investment is just a small cry for attention. But, it's still (so far) a free country.

Omnikuken

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 22, 2018
Why do you say that? There is NO release schedule for Summertime Saga. Cookie has done that on purpose because every update has a very different workload. This upcoming tech update ensures that the whole game becomes widescreen, this involves changing EVERY background in the ENTIRE game + the shifting of character placements on screen andsoforth. Only makes sense that it takes a while. In the meantime, Kompas have started development of their second title. Although I think that might only be writing so far.
That thing is confusing : you do know DC is Kompas ? And there's no hint of anything resembling a new game anywhere (aside the possible-ish SS2 once this game is done in 20+ years) ? Dunno if you typo'd the name or got confused by your own post there :WaitWhat:

lilloller01

Nov 6, 2018
1 boy with Melonia Trump
1 boy with Ivanka Trump
1 boy with Jenny
1 boy with Diane
1 boy with Svetlana
Svetlana?

gam2000

Apr 12, 2021
I have been using the unren utility in a bunch of the games that the tool works in. I don't know how the developers keep up with the images they create - there must be many thousands per game. I have noticed a lot of duplicates, tho, so, maybe it is tough to keep up with them.

Marphey

May 13, 2019
Yes, I agree with you, this site is not a pure pirate site like SVSComics for example, it's also a place to get information about adult games, to ask for help when you get stuck in a game and to discuss about the games and their Devs. But in which tone? Calling a Dev a scammer when he doesn't deliver what he promises a few times is going a little bit too far in my opinion.
With people like INCSTOR you can't blame anyone for expressing their frustations with lying devs. I am not saying that DK is the same just the scammers are not exactly rare in this branch thanks to how exploitable the Patreon site is.

Sgrodolo

Sep 1, 2017
The team is tailored for DC's drawing speed and that's about all there is, most people are actually only working part time (writer, coder, poser), because there simply isn't enough work to employ them fulltime. It literally never mattered, whether he earned 30 or 70k, the speed would always be as it is.
Didn't he himself say the exact opposite? That he draws really fast but coding takes the most time?

1 boy with Melonia Trump
1 boy with Ivanka Trump
1 boy with Jenny
1 boy with Diane
1 boy with Svetlana
What even is the point of that.
Unless we'll be able to make them fight each other like pokemon or some shit later, you never know the direction this thing is taking.

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
Didn't he himself say the exact opposite? That he draws really fast but coding takes the most time?
No, not that I'd remember. I think what you mean is the fact that the art for each individual update is usually done first and that coding is the last part to finish. That's true, but while stray and the team finish the rest of one update, DC is already working on the art for the next one. It's always the art that limits the overall pace.

But DC talked quite a few times about hiring a second artist and that it's really hard to find somebody. If code really was an issue in his view, he'd probably hire a fulltime coder or a second part-timer next to stray.

Omnikuken

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 22, 2018
^ Obviously drunk or dunno who Svetlana is, since you can't touch her and barely see her once in bra and pantsu .....

WOMANpukumaru

Apr 28, 2018
Whoa hold on

What happened? Also I have no idea how much time passed since emu last check in to this topic. Long enough for a shitstorm to erupt apparently?

Omnikuken

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 22, 2018
^ Shitstorms and milkage come around in a circle every 2-3 months. Once a new release is out, it quiets down a bit then restarts anew until the next build. We're ~3 months from 0.20.8/9, so the whinage is coming back in force
And all that means is she will be changed into a cookie cutter character with same looks, tits and traits as everyone else
Yes, because the 4 teachers look 100% like Roxxy and Mia is a clone of Jenny, Diane could also pass for Liu and Wanka could go sell donuts instead of Judith's mom since they look so much the same .......

4.10 star(s) 357 Votes