Jan 1, 2019
Well, feel free to enlighten me ;)

The problem I've got with most of these posts is that they aren't anything but empty words at best. Once you ask for actual examples etc. nothing ever comes back.

I haven't seen a very recent version for quite some time, but this should basically be it, just that the "Tony, Rump, Liu..." bar should be full:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

One has to keep in mind though that it doesn't include reworks, etc. so there's actually more to be done. Just like the trackers it's more a general visualisation and nothing one should really rely on.
Its a bs statement to say that its bc of the art progression, DC has the money to get assistants that are really good and could reproduce his style period.

To me i just an overwhelmed guy who just wanted to start this project for fun and things got really overhand for him.

I am not donating to him, because i know that even in 5 years the game will still be in development.

To be fair the solution is simple, give more small updates on the side each month. It can be patreon only contents for all i care, he has the financial needs to put in place all this, he just needs to put out his finger from his ass and believe me it would be the best adult game period and more people would stop criticizing so much.

LooLoo Baloo

Mar 15, 2021
The problem I've got with most of these posts is that they aren't anything but empty words at best. Once you ask for actual examples etc. nothing ever comes back.
Nobody cares to reply, that's why. It's pointless debating certain people who won't see reality. He's painted away peoples wages redoing backgrounds and wallpapers for years. If you cannot see that, nothing can help you

What's the next update? Another year of painting lovely background images and expanding them

What are half the future updates going to be? Redoing current storylines that are trash, or else expanding on them because they weren't finished properly in the first place

I played this years ago, near the beginning. It used to be a good game, the inflated revenue is just one small part of what's made it trash. The fairly delusional community, the boring writing, and watching characters and backgrounds get redrawn for 3 years has made it go stale. Did you see the reaction to each update of the main story? The one that took a year to create

Spoiler alert, people hated it

I didn't want to bother replying. Because I know I'll get notified of yet another pointless response to me 10 minutes later. Or maybe 2 again if I'm extra lucky. But I figured I'd answer your question on why nobody wants to show the obvious

And nobody will give examples, ever. It's like teaching the blind what colours are

Jan 1, 2019
Well, feel free to enlighten me ;)

I haven't seen a very recent version for quite some time, but this should basically be it, just that the "Tony, Rump, Liu..." bar should be full:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

One has to keep in mind though that it doesn't include reworks, etc. so there's actually more to be done. Just like the trackers it's more a general visualisation and nothing one should really rely on.
Also since you want an example i'll give you one. Every great Mangaka have art assistants to help them in the production of new coming chapters, these assistants are capable to reproduce the style of the mangaka pretty fairly. And in all honestly, the style of DC does not seem so hard to reproduced i am sure lots of artists would be able to reproduce it easily.

Another example is people making fan doujinshis and reproduce the artstyle of the original author pretty fairly, so when you earn 80k a month, i am 100% sure that he can find someone who can assist him.

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
Its a bs statement to say that its bc of the art progression, DC has the money to get assistants that are really good and could reproduce his style period.
Writing a "period" doesn't make an argument any better. First of all, there's a history in DC's work. He came from an elevated position in the animation industry supervising a team and quit that job because he didn't want to do it anymore and because he wanted to draw his own game. It's understanable that he doesn't want to go back to that if he didn't like it. Would it be reasonable to hire 3 or 4 artists and let them work? Yes. Will he do it? No. Writing the 100s post about that won't change that. Sorry. And anything in between is pretty much unworkable, unless you really find that perfect guy who really suits you.

To me i just an overwhelmed guy who just wanted to start this project for fun and things got really overhand for him.
To me he seems as chilled as ever. And now?
I am not donating to him, because i know that even in 5 years the game will still be in development.
Same here, I stopped donating 2 years ago and that's fine. Still I'm not trying to tell him how he has got to run is project.
To be fair the solution is simple, give more small updates on the side each month. It can be patreon only contents for all i care, he has the financial needs to put in place all this, he just needs to put out his finger from his ass and believe me it would be the best adult game period and more people would stop criticizing so much.
But he doesn't want to do that and he obviously doesn't want the additional money, either. That's how it's been for almost 3 years by now and I don't understand why people still invest time to write what he's supposed to do. He never cared about it and he won't start now. Vote with your wallet and enjoy the game. It's really that simple.

Also since you want an example i'll give you one. Every great Mangaka have art assistants to help them in the production of new coming chapters, these assistants are capable to reproduce the style of the mangaka pretty fairly. And in all honestly, the style of DC does not seem so hard to reproduced i am sure lots of artists would be able to reproduce it easily.

Another example is people making fan doujinshis and reproduce the artstyle of the original author pretty fairly, so when you earn 80k a month, i am 100% sure that he can find someone who can assist him.
Sure, but that's a totally different way of working. You essentially go from creating stuff yourself, with your own hands to primarily manging your team and doing the preparations and the quality control. You can't force that on anybody if he doesn't want it. And it's not like ever promised that to anybody, either.

Jan 1, 2019
Writing a "period" doesn't make an argument any better. First of all, there's a history in DC's work. He came from an elevated position in the animation industry supervising a team and quit that job because he didn't want to do it anymore and because he wanted to draw his own game. It's understanable that he doesn't want to go back to that if he didn't like it. Would it be reasonable to hire 3 or 4 artists and let them work? Yes. Will he do it? No. Writing the 100s post about that won't change that. Sorry. And anything in between is pretty much unworkable, unless you really find that perfect guy who really suits you.

To me he seems as chilled as ever. And now?

Same here, I stopped donating 2 years ago and that's fine. Still I'm not trying to tell him how he has got to run is project.

But he doesn't want to do that and he obviously doesn't want the additional money, either. That's how it's been for almost 3 years by now and I don't understand why people still invest time to write what he's supposed to do. He never cared about it and he won't start now. Vote with your wallet and enjoy the game. It's really that simple.

Sure, but that's a totally different way of working. You essentially go from creating stuff yourself, with your own hands to primarily manging your team and doing the preparations and the quality control. You can't force that on anybody if he doesn't want it. And it's not like ever promised that to anybody, either.
Then if he doesnt care why does he make a freaking patreon? All this does not make any sens, if he wants to do stuff by himself then he needs to close his patreon instead of disappointing people.

you really are full of shit

Omnikuken

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 22, 2018
Then if he doesnt care why does he make a freaking patreon? All this does not make any sens, if he wants to do stuff by himself then he needs to close his patreon instead of disappointing people.

dudebro.png
Disappoint who exactly ? By now, if people were fed up with how DC works, those graphs would be inverted

Reactions: Sergionki

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017

Do I really have to explain that? Of course he needs money. But there's a difference between making money with your project and between maximizing the profits/outcomes. As you said yourself, he could be making a lot more if he'd be running his game differently.

He asked for 25k, he hired the people he promised, he gives away the game for free and I don't see anything wrong here. If people want to give more than he asks for, it's really on them, not on him. Else I don't see how anybody (who pays) would be disappointed. Growth may have slowed, but he's still gaining support.

Late Edit:
Just because I think this is important and because I didn't mention it in the post before. The issue here is that the art of SS is acutally not that complicated, which means that there's little room for explainations and corrections if they actually want to gain anything.

So it's not like with really high quality art where you have proper drafts/drawing boards and perfect finishes, etc. In those cases you can spend the time to draft the boards and to correct everything after that, but that's not how SS is produced. So you either find somebody who works pretty much independently on more or less equal terms with DC, or you may not bother because there's little to gain. If DC has to create pretty detailed drafts for his artist, explain what he wants and adds some touches/corrections once the artists finished his work, he may have skipped the draft and the finish and do it himself, as he does now. It'll take just as much time. That's the whole issue why a simple assistant won't do.

As far as I'm aware the guys from "What a Legend!" actually hired a sketch artist and it doesn't seem like they gained an acutal benefit from it. Likely for that same reason.

Last edited:
Reactions: sanga69 and Omniel

Hero1

"I'm in the wrong place at the wrong time."
Donor
Sep 20, 2017
Wow, the next release must be really close! Nobody asked why the incest patch is down for at least 10 pages and we are back at discussing how Patreon works and why DarkCookie is the biggest scam artist the world has ever seen.

Omnikuken

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 22, 2018
There is word the 1st batch of lewds might be coming within the next month-ish

Last edited:

Omnikuken

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 22, 2018
^ For now ? : pretty much never. It got removed years ago and replaced with the flacid cumshot-only meme we got now. It's in the "overview" but DC said nothing about it and since he already removed it, high doubt it'll come back anytime soon

Last edited:

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018

Not going to comment on who here is full of shit. But one thing is sure: if DC would close down his patreon in order to not disappoint people, there would the biggest shitstorm ever all over the internet about how on earth this scam lord, who was milking the community for years, could possibly have now abandoned his project.

He works his vision, accept it or leave it. People like it enough to support his patreon. How can anybody with a sane brain come to the conclusion that only because many people are happy with how he works, he must be obliged to work harder and force his project into something he does it not want to be?

401Grem

May 14, 2017

You base all you accusations, on nothing more then your opinion. Most people here are way past listening to this sort of pettiness.

Reactions: Omniel and dawlben

EreKuri

Feb 13, 2021
If DarkCookie didn't flex his income, half of the people whining about update time wouldn't complain at all. They act like the more money he makes the faster updates should come. He hasn't set any more patron goals, it's not like he's promising faster updates. If he wants to work on most of the game by himself then it's his choice, it's tedious to manage a team and there's no room for mistakes in a 2D game with so much coding.

Look at Dr. Pinkcake, he does everything by himself - rendering, animations, coding. He's constantly adding new features that we don't really need. He wants to do it all by himself because he said he doesn't like managing a team nor does he trust them to not make mistakes. It's the dev's passion.

It's always the pirates with no intention of ever pledging who whine the most thinking they're so entitled.

Squark ⚧❤️

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 16, 2017
If DarkCookie didn't flex his income, half of the people whining about update time wouldn't complain at all. They act like the more money he makes the faster updates should come. He hasn't set any more patron goals, it's not like he's promising faster updates. If he wants to work on most of the game by himself then it's his choice, it's tedious to manage a team and there's no room for mistakes in a 2D game with so much coding.

Look at Dr. Pinkcake, he does everything by himself - rendering, animations, coding. He's constantly adding new features that we don't really need. He wants to do it all by himself because he said he doesn't like managing a team nor does he trust them to not make mistakes. It's the dev's passion.

It's always the pirates with no intention of ever pledging who whine the most thinking they're so entitled.
I have no intention of pledging but I actually don't mind waiting extended periods for updates.

sstoutle2019

Dec 18, 2019
This game is a game for the purpose of treatment.
This is a real adult game.
This game is a game for firmly learning right and wrong.
It's a really good game. And it's a really difficult game.
And it's a fresh, sticky, beautiful game.
It's not an intelligent game, but it's also a wise game.
And it's a game that makes you think.
I'm Korean, but I've never seen or played a game like this.
none. However, I admit It's a really good game.
There are good days and bad days in the world.
The protagonist of this game is an 18-year-old boy in my opinion...but.. ^ ^
It is like a superman or a god that has surpassed human thought and life. hahaha
The only thing that looks younger in the protagonist is his Dick.
The rest are like oriental gods of about 1,000,000 years old.

Last edited:
Reactions: dawlben

Omnikuken

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 22, 2018
We'll put the entirety of that to some wonky translation voodoo magic, but the "game is hard" ? That's 1 of the lolest thing ever mentionned around here, and we got our fair share of lulz over the years ......

4.10 star(s) 357 Votes