j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
So how can splitting improve the plot and story, eh?
Massively, indeed, simply because you can write good stories and don't have to bend everything so that every girls fits into the harem eventually. That's fine with 2 or 3 characters (maybe 4 to 5) but as soon as it's more than that the game usually suffers or gets boring pretty quickly.

Just take Mia's story as an example, where you've got Helen and Yumi. A split enables us to get a nice and somewhat meaningful story for Helen and Yumi each, because Harold will get the other one. It's the same with let's say June and Mrs. Johnson or Judith and the Latinas.

To a degree it's just as Eve's story would have benefitted from a "naughty branch", where MC doesn't go down the romance path but focusses more on the lewd stuff including Grace and Odette, so we could be spared the fact, that Grace has concerns about fucking MC and that there's no way to get her scenes without that.

Need to save and replay the game again?
The game tells you when to save and you can just start from there and play the other arc. I don't see the problem.

I personally think it's better to have one coherent plot and all the scenes concentrated in one playthrough, rather than "smeared" along many lines.
I personally think the opposite. Especially because the plot my be coherent but usually just becomes pretty meaningless.
After all, the STS was never advertised as an RPG game.
It was and is indeed advertised as "dating sim/VN" and as thus it's pretty reasonable to expect choices. In fact it would be odd if there weren't any.

Although it is possible to implement a "harem version" in the sitcom genre
To be fair, the game was never really meant to be a harem. Yes, you'd always be able to fuck every girl in town (it was never promised that it would be possible in one playthrough) but in the first ~18 months DC actually refused to even add a harem feature and only agreed because so many people wanted it.

I don't really know where the expectation that every girl should be fuckable in one playthrough comes from.

Last edited:

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
Massively, indeed, simply because you can write good stories and don't have to bend everything so that every girls fits into the harem eventually. That's fine with 2 or 3 characters (maybe 4 to 5) but as soon as it's more than that the game usually suffers or gets boring pretty quickly.

Just take Mia's story as an example, where you've got Helen and Yumi. A split enables us to get a nice and somewhat meaningful story for Helen and Yumi each, because Harold will get the other one. It's the same with let's say June and Mrs. Johnson or Judith and the Latinas.

To a degree it's just as Eve's story would have benefitted from a "naughty branch", where MC doesn't go down the romance path but focusses more on the lewd stuff including Grace and Odette, so we could be spared the fact, that Grace has concerns about fucking MC and that there's no way to get her scenes without that.

The game tells you when to save and you can just start from there and play the other arc. I don't see the problem.

I personally think the opposite. Especially because the plot my be coherent but usually just becomes pretty meaningless.

It was and is indeed advertised as "dating sim/VN" and as thus it's pretty reasonable to expect choices. In fact it would be odd if there weren't any.

To be fair, the game was never really meant to be a harem. Yes, you'd always be able to fuck every girl in town (it was never promised that it would be possible in one playthrough) but in the first ~18 months DC actually refused to even add a harem feature and only agreed because so many people wanted it.

I don't really know where the expectation that every girl should be fuckable in one playthrough comes from.
For me, the game get's it's most appeal in the fact that you can boink each and every girl in town without the consequences. This includes being able to do so in one playthrough. I mean, we already have enough realism in RL, I don't need that in a game with monster girls and a shovel that fits into a backpack.

I am not so much into NTR (don't start a thread explaining to me why I use that phrase wrong here pls) the more so because it does not fit MC's personality. I would be happy if DC could bend reality enought to make every girl happy without the need for MC to betray them. Just like it was with Missy/Becca/Roxxy, Grace/Odette, Debbie/Diane, Maria/Tony and all the other people who know about each other.

I was not so happy with the Grace/Eve controversal because it absolutely does not fit MC imo. I hope DC can do better here and in future.

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
For me, the game get's it's most appeal in the fact that you can boink each and every girl in town without the consequences. This includes being able to do so in one playthrough. I mean, we already have enough realism in RL, I don't need that in a game with monster girls and a shovel that fits into a backpack.
I was not so happy with the Grace/Eve controversal because it absolutely does not fit MC imo. I hope DC can do better here and in future.
I think that's kinda of contradictory. To me it's indeed pretty simple, if you want a game where every girl is in the harem, you simply can't have deeper "classical" romance (like in Eve's case), somewhat meaningful male friendsships (like Erik or Harold), etc. without it becoming totally weird or totally out of character.

I get that people don't care for these things and would be happy for DC to ignore it, but I simply think that this whole "full harem" thing just doesn't fit SS. There are games where the harem is key and where the game is essentially tailored/written towards it and quite a few of them are great. But SS wasn't meant to be that way and it shows in almost every story.

I would be happy if DC could bend reality enought to make every girl happy without the need for MC to betray them.
I strongly disagree here, to be honest. For the simply reason that it basically never works. Once you have to start "bending" existing stories they either become bad or boring or seem really lazy.

Also I don't really want to see that content wise, either. I'd like to see Harold and Helen back happy together while MC is having fun with Mia and Yumi. I'd like MC and Judith to kick some Latina ass without having to think about that MC has to fuck them later on, I may even like to get rid of Mrs. Smith for good if that that's an option and have MC take over her cult, etc.

If everyboy has to stay on "good terms" and be available for the harem, it just cuts off so many possibilities which in my opinon would be quite sad, given the great options the game offers.

Just do add: I'm not saying there shouldn't be threesomes, foursomes, fivesomes, whatever else is possible - but just that it should be within character and fitting for these specific stories. Even now the game offers more realisitc possibilities than DC could ever complete and to me that's really enough.

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: Cernunnos.

nilo96

May 7, 2020

Although i disagree with your opinion, but i respect it. Everything will depend on Cookies, and since the release speed is very low, the concept may have changed several times by that time.

Reactions: j4yj4m

NoZeR17

Sep 7, 2020
hey there, i'm not the big expert of game like summertime saga, but i like the style of the game, can smb recommend some more game like SG? ( all the most popular games like milfy city, harem hotel, taffy tales i've already tried)

Omnikuken

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 22, 2018
hey there, i'm not the big expert of game like summertime saga, but i like the style of the game, can smb recommend some more game like SG? ( all the most popular games like milfy city, harem hotel, taffy tales i've already tried)
You already played most of them and any listing of other games will get deleted. Better go into the thread list/latest updates and look for yourself

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
In addition to what was said, you may sort that "Latest updates list" by weighted rating (the star on the very right) and you'll get some great options. One of the games that is a good contender would be "What a Legend!" which you'll find there, too. Next to that I'd highly recommend "a house in the rift".

Everything will depend on Cookies, and since the release speed is very low, the concept may have changed several times by that time.
That's certainly true when it comes to choices, though at the moment it looks like they are coming around to implementing more of them again, after it looked like most of them would be gone for good. But we'll only know once it's done.

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
I think that's kinda of contradictory. To me it's indeed pretty simple, if you want a game where every girl is in the harem, you simply can't have deeper "classical" romance (like in Eve's case), somewhat meaningful male friendsships (like Erik or Harold), etc. without it becoming totally weird or totally out of character.

I get that people don't care for these things and would be happy for DC to ignore it, but I simply think that this whole "full harem" thing just doesn't fit SS. There are games where the harem is key and where the game is essentially tailored/written towards it and quite a few of them are great. But SS wasn't meant to be that way and it shows in almost every story.

I strongly disagree here, to be honest. For the simply reason that it basically never works. Once you have to start "bending" existing stories they either become bad or boring or seem really lazy.

Also I don't really want to see that content wise, either. I'd like to see Harold and Helen back happy together while MC is having fun with Mia and Yumi. I'd like MC and Judith to kick some Latina ass without having to think about that MC has to fuck them later on, I may even like to get rid of Mrs. Smith for good if that that's an option and have MC take over her cult, etc.

If everyboy has to stay on "good terms" and be available for the harem, it just cuts off so many possibilities which in my opinon would be quite sad, given the great options the game offers.

Just do add: I'm not saying there shouldn't be threesomes, foursomes, fivesomes, whatever else is possible - but just that it should be within character and fitting for these specific stories. Even now the game offers more realisitc possibilities than DC could ever complete and to me that's really enough.
There are games that do exactly what I wrote. Mentioning them here would make this post disappear, so...

Don't forget that this game has magic, and MC has a magic tool. That counts for something. As I said, many of the girls are already totally fine. And btw I never mentioned a harem. There are many twists that could make this happen. Some girls might just not mind to share, some might want to do better than the other, some might even want it that way. And some might become totally addicted and do anything at all.

Possibilities would be countless, and it's all about fantasy. As I said, I don't need reality or realism here, I already have it.

Edit: I would like to add that, by your logic, MC would get to boink only one girl in one playthrough because as soon as any other finds out, it'll be all over. Why would Roxxy tolerate the MC/Eve relationship, for example? So much for realism ;)

Last edited:

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
Don't forget that this game has magic, and MC has a magic tool. That counts for something.
Yeah, but that's excatly what I meant by "boring" and "lazy". You just can't write a story like Eve's and then make her join a harem by having some magic tool. The same goes for making guys like Harold disappear or so because he's in the way of having Helen and Yumi at the same time. It totally discounts their story and their characters for no real reason up to the point that DC shouldn't have bothered in the first place.

As said, yes, there are games that are specifically made to be harems and they do it well. But these games usually feature different setting and different casts. Then again, there are just as many really bad harem games where I've personally stopped playing at like ~80% because it just got random/boring as hell.

Some girls might just not mind to share, some might want to do better than the other, some might even want it that way. And some might become totally addicted and do anything at all.
And that's fine. But at the same time some girls may not like to share, may hate other girls so much that they don't want to share with some specific girls but with others, some may not be compatible for other reasons etc. and I don't see why that shouldn't be as valid as your points.

As said before, the fact alone that some guys are too lazy to save and load a savegame doesn't convince me, personally.

For me this isn't about "realism" but about good and bad writing. At some point it usually simply often becomes so stupid that it's just not worth it anymore and I hope that won't happen to SS.

Edit:
Edit: I would like to add that, by your logic, MC would get to boink only one girl in one playthrough because as soon as any other finds out, it'll be all over. Why would Roxxy tolerate the MC/Eve relationship, for example? So much for realism ;)
The point is indeed that you could make a let's say main single girl playthrough and get a great experience out of it, like you'd do in the many VNs. If every girl is taylored towards sharing that's probably not really the case.

Don't forget that in the future the schoolgirl's sex scenes will be more exclusive because they'll be locked behind the dating system. So we are kinda moving in that direction and I'm pretty sure that's actually closer to what DC had in mind when he started the game than a "fuck everyone in one playthrough". But that's of course just my opinion.

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: Cernunnos.

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
Yeah, but that's excatly what I meant by "boring" and "lazy". You just can't write a story like Eve's and then make her join a harem by having some magic tool. The same goes for making guys like Harold disappear or so because he's in the way of having Helen and Yumi at the same time. It totally discounts their story and their characters for no real reason up to the point that DC shouldn't have bothered in the first place.

As said, yes, there are games that are specifically made to be harems and they do it well. But these games usually feature different setting and different casts. Then again, there are just as many really bad harem games where I've personally stopped playing at like ~80% because it just got random/boring as hell.

And that's fine. But at the same time some girls may not like to share, may hate other girls so much that they don't want to share with some specific girls but with others, some may not be compatible for other reasons etc. and I don't see why that shouldn't be as valid as your points.

As said before, the fact alone that some guys are too lazy to save and load a savegame doesn't convince me, personally.

For me this isn't about "realism" but about good and bad writing. At some point it usually simply often becomes so stupid that it's just not worth it anymore and I hope that won't happen to SS.
It's not about save and load. You have it all in the gallery. I understand that what I would like to see is something you won't, and the other way round. I hope we will both stay satisfied. As I said, the charme for me is having it all at the same time. Certainly that requires some good piece of story writing. And some thing might better left unwritten but only, if at all, hinted at, like the Eve/Roxxy thing I mentioned. Why must it be otherwise for, say, Mia/Helen?

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
When I see SG in capitals like that, I immediately thought "Suicide Girls." ;)
You already played most of them and any listing of other games will get deleted. Better go into the thread list/latest updates and look for yourself
Yeah, I made a joke post linking a bunch of the "summer" titles into one grand epic in one of the "summer" threads. It was popular, but eventually got deleted.

NoZeR17

Sep 7, 2020
In addition to what was said, you may sort that "Latest updates list" by weighted rating (the star on the very right) and you'll get some great options. One of the games that is a good contender would be "What a Legend!" which you'll find there, too. Next to that I'd highly recommend "a house in the rift".

That's certainly true when it comes to choices, though at the moment it looks like they are coming around to implementing more of them again, after it looked like most of them would be gone for good. But we'll only know once it's done.
What a legend is a cool game, but has lack of content 4 me, so i've decided to wait 4 more updates
about another game, thanks for the recommendation, i would try it out

Reactions: j4yj4m

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
As I said, the charme for me is having it all at the same time. Certainly that requires some good piece of story writing. And some thing might better left unwritten but only, if at all, hinted at, like the Eve/Roxxy thing I mentioned. Why must it be otherwise for, say, Mia/Helen?
Well, you'll be able to get Mia and Helen in one playthrough, just not Helen and Yumi (at least that's as far as I know their current plans are going).
To me it's more about the default position. The stories should be great and veried on their own and then we can see the possibilities that arise to tie up the loose ends and make the relations possible, that seem possible or to simply leave things unmentioned, as you say. In that case it's up to those who want to get as many girls as possible to live with these inconsistencies, as it is now.

But that's a fundamentally different approach compared to "force" every girl in one single playthrough. I'm not against the former but pretty much against the latter. I totally don't mind the current situation as it is between let's say Eve and Roxxy, but right now I'd really be against adding content into the game that somehow creates a sharing situation, simply because it fits neither of their stories.

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
Well, you'll be able to get Mia and Helen in one playthrough, just not Helen and Yumi (at least that's as far as I know their current plans are going).
To me it's more about the default position. The stories should be great and veried on their own and then we can see the possibilities that arise to tie up the loose ends and make the relations possible, that seem possible or to simply leave things unmentioned, as you say. In that case it's up to those who want to get as many girls as possible to live with these inconsistencies, as it is now.

But that's a fundamentally different approach compared to "force" every girl in one single playthrough. I'm not against the former but pretty much against the latter. I totally don't mind the current situation as it is between let's say Eve and Roxxy, but right now I'd really be against adding content into the game that somehow creates a sharing situation, simply because it fits neither of their stories.
Just asking myself: if MC can have Yumi, how should that fit into the various crossovers her story already has with Roxxy, Jenny, Debbie and Maria? And don't all the teachers not talk to one another?

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
What a legend is a cool game, but has lack of content 4 me, so i've decided to wait 4 more updates
about another game, thanks for the recommendation, i would try it out
I would advise you to wait for the coming update which might drop soon, but definitely try that. It's very funny and has not so little content as you might think. Or do yo say you already played it and find the content lacking?

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
Just asking myself: if MC can have Yumi, how should that fit into the various crossovers her story already has with Roxxy, Jenny, Debbie and Maria? And don't all the teachers not talk to one another?
I mean, she's one of the less important ones among the secondary characters, so I'd expect it to be similar to Liu where it's more a privat matter that'll happen in her flat or so and that won't influence interactions with other characters next to MC that much or even at all.

As for the teachers? I don't really know what's going to happen to them. All of them are secondary characters, too, so I don't know how much time DC wants to invest into connecting their stories or into adding scenes which involve multiple characters. I'd say everything seems possible here storywise but I doubt they'll be important enough to spend that much time on them.

nilo96

May 7, 2020

There is certainly logic in your words, and i agree with it. I wanted to say that you need to use the splitting of stories only in the most extreme cases, when you cannot do without it, and in all the rest, use a single indivisible plot. For example, in the case of Helen and Yumi (as far as i understand, Mia will get us with any choice, right?), although here it is also possible that Harold heroically dies at the hands of bandits and integrity, logic, quality of the story does not suffer, and moreover, this allows the player to get more into the story and hate the villains more. As another example, Eric's story - the main character may well have a relationship with June and Mrs Johnson and you can do without dividing the story into independent paths, because Eric has his orc pipe and geek friends (don't remember their names) with whom he goes on raids in the dungeons.

In general, what want to say is you can write a logical good story without falsehood, without resorting to the "separation" technique. Moreover, the division of the story into different paths may indicate the lack of imagination of the screenwriter and his lack of professionalism and laziness.

Reactions: srksrk 68
4.00 star(s) 358 Votes