TheRemover

Nov 30, 2017
lol every scene ever needs to be reworked as well, hiring programmers won't help cause there's only DC drawing all the stuff and they can't work much without the art, art has always been the bottleneck for this game
You can look at the progress tracker on the website. It pretty clearly shows that the ones most behind right now are code and posing. Art, meanwhile, is 82% complete. I'm sure there's a lot of art work to be done, but right now it looks like posing and code are what are holding back the progress, not art.

Apr 23, 2019
You can look at the progress tracker on the website. It pretty clearly shows that the ones most behind right now are code and posing. Art, meanwhile, is 82% complete. I'm sure there's a lot of art work to be done, but right now it looks like posing and code are what are holding back the progress, not art.
of course art needs to be ahead, without the art there's not much to work on, do u seriously think if art had been completed by now we would be looking at the same progress for the other tasks lol

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
lol every scene ever needs to be reworked as well, hiring programmers won't help cause there's only DC drawing all the stuff and they can't work much without the art, art has always been the bottleneck for this game
The contrary is true. Art has very seldom been the bottleneck.
of course art needs to be ahead, without the art there's not much to work on, do u seriously think if art had been completed by now we would be looking at the same progress for the other tasks lol
Nothing would be easier than just taking placeholders for the images. It don't even have to be sketches but sketches would certainly help. The images can be finalized later. Have you ever seen the outtakes from, for example, Disney movies? They are full of sketches, still images and so on because they were created before the final art was finished. Same could be done here. But, again, art was always never the bottleneck.

Reactions: itsyeboii
Apr 23, 2019
The contrary is true. Art has very seldom been the bottleneck.

Nothing would be easier than just taking placeholders for the images. It don't even have to be sketches but sketches would certainly help. The images can be finalized later. Have you ever seen the outtakes from, for example, Disney movies? They are full of sketches, still images and so on because they were created before the final art was finished. Same could be done here. But, again, art was always never the bottleneck.
elaborate

Omnikuken

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 22, 2018
Tech update probably revolves primarily around the code (with 101 of the 255 tasks being in code), and the code is about 25% complete based on the status tracker on their site after two months. Not that development can't accelerate later, especially if they've had people taking summer holidays, but at the current velocity we'd be looking at an update in Feb-March 2022. Seems like code is almost always the bottleneck too, no idea why they don't get more programmers.
that would be crazy but i can see it happening. i think most important is that dc will finish the tech update art so that he can start with rhonda. the coders are going to catch up eventually and if dc has already been working on rhonda art for 2 months, the waiting time between tech update and rhonda update might be shorter than usual. he could also use the additional time to really polish the dialogue and the story for her. i would root for rhonda to become the new fan favourite in the eyes of the fans just how it happened with with eve after her update dropped which had a lot to do with how quality the eve update was. eve wasn't really that popular before her update came out.
There's only 1 coder and he's been at it for more than 2 months (we got the last lewd batch 2 months ago, the last "real update" was in April, he's been recoding for the tech build since). DC will have plenty of time to finish the lewd batch #2 before coder is done with the tech, so expect R(h)onda streams "soon" and well before the tech code is completed > just like any and all update since ~2017

Kayza

Jan 3, 2018
Is there going to be more storie content for Consuela or is that it for her character in the game?

mightybored

Jul 5, 2021
Is there going to be more storie content for Consuela or is that it for her character in the game?
IMO her story specifically is done, but assuming they show up and win in the polls, Martinez or Lopez might get something.

Omnikuken

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 22, 2018
IMO her story specifically is done, but assuming they show up and win in the polls, Martinez or Lopez might get something.
They'd have to get their update 1st, which is with Judith and in 3+ years. You got a while before they show up in any poll, if at all since they're 2ndary girls for another's route

TheRemover

Nov 30, 2017
elaborate
Coding doesn't need the assets to be complete to progress. You can use a placeholder to mark where an asset should be and simply replace the placeholder with the real asset with zero or minimal code changes, and this is very typical to prevent programming from being bottlenecked by design. The entirety of the code could be built before a single art asset was fully ready, just waiting for the finalized assets to be plugged in. Moreover, this is a tech update, which means for a lot of the code changes being made there simply is little or even no art work to complete, and in either case art is almost 90% complete and code is still below 30%.

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
Coding doesn't need the assets to be complete to progress. You can use a placeholder to mark where an asset should be and simply replace the placeholder with the real asset with zero or minimal code changes, and this is very typical to prevent programming from being bottlenecked by design. The entirety of the code could be built before a single art asset was fully ready, just waiting for the finalized assets to be plugged in. Moreover, this is a tech update, which means for a lot of the code changes being made there simply is little or even no art work to complete, and in either case art is almost 90% complete and code is still below 30%.
In that case you are only looking at one single update and not the game as whole.

DC himself is does basically nothing but drawing and he starts working on the next update long before the current one is finished.

As such the time it takes to complete the game solely depends on the time he takes to create the art.
Even if they'd do all the things people demand, use placeholders, hire way more people, etc. that fact doesn't change. If DC needs - let's say - another ~4 years to complete the art for the game, no amount of coders, posers, etc. will change that.

It'll always take these ~4 years to finish the game and that's very likely the reason why they don't bother with all of that stuff. It may make people feel a little better, but ultimately it's objectively just a waste of effort and money...

Edit: The only point of time where it really makes sense to get additional help is at the very end. But even in that case DC probably wants to have some time to prepare his next project, so there's very likely no real need, either.

Reactions: poopfartshitcum

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
In that case you are only looking at one single update and not the game as whole.

DC himself is does basically nothing but drawing and he starts working on the next update long before the current one is finished.

As such the time it takes to complete the game solely depends on the time he takes to create the art.
Even if they'd do all the things people demand, use placeholders, hire way more people, etc. that fact doesn't change. If DC needs - let's say - another ~4 years to complete the art for the game, no amount of coders, posers, etc. will change that.

It'll always take these ~4 years to finish the game and that's very likely the reason why they don't bother with all of that stuff. It may make people feel a little better, but ultimately it's objectively just a waste of effort and money...

Edit: The only point of time where it really makes sense to get additional help is at the very end. But even in that case DC probably wants to have some time to prepare his next project, so there's very likely no real need, either.
You know I am one of those so-called DC white knights. But I say they *could* do more if they wished. They could hire coders just for fixing bugs (there are plenty) or doing other fancy stuff that falls short with just one coder. They could hire someone who draws all those placeholder images (even placeholders don't draw themselves all alone). That would open up the possibility to add more naughty scenes, more camera angles, different settings and so on.

Much wuld be possible. But it's DC's decision.

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
You know I am one of those so-called DC white knights. But I say they *could* do more if they wished. They could hire coders just for fixing bugs (there are plenty) or doing other fancy stuff that falls short with just one coder. They could hire someone who draws all those placeholder images (even placeholders don't draw themselves all alone). That would open up the possibility to add more naughty scenes, more camera angles, different settings and so on.

Sure, that would influence the quality of the unifinished game and it would improve the experience for the player. But it wouldn't increase the speed at all and it wouldn't add more possibilities for anything that needs additional art.

I'm not sure why you'd think that it would create opportunities for more scenes, angels, etc. as they do require art. Quite on the contrary, the fact that they aren't using any placeholders etc. right now helps, because DC doesn't waste any time on stuff that won't make it into the final game and I'm almost 100% sure that's the reason why they aren't using them in the first place.

Last edited:

Omnikuken

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 22, 2018
when the heck will appear next update of this game? seriously guys
Between nobody knows,, when it's ready and never. Take 1 choice and wait

They did hire more than 1 coder, just not at once > we are on the ~4th coder now (more if you count DC's early attempts as coding)

/megahugesarcasmfortheeasilybutthurt

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
They did hire more than 1 coder, just not at once > we are on the ~4th coder now (more if you count DC's early attempts as coding)
It looks like DC doesn't see the need for more. I mean, everybody on the team except DC himself is working part time.

Ulitmately he's probably right, as he just won't produce enough content to occupy a full time team.

Last edited:

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
Sure, that would influence the quality of the unifinished game and it would improve the experience for the player. But it wouldn't increase the speed at all and it wouldn't add more possibilities for anything that needs additional art.

I'm not sure why you'd think that it would create opportunities for more scenes, angels, etc. as they do require art. Quite on the contrary, the fact that they aren't using any placeholders etc. right now helps, because DC doesn't waste any time on stuff that won't make it into the final game and I'm almost 100% sure that's the reason why they aren't using them in the first place.
If you are trying to say they just couldn't do anything to either provide more or better content faster then I must definitly disagree. I wrote how DC would not have to waste his time on doing sketches for placeholders by hiring people for that so that he can work on the additional stuff. I explained how additional coders could focus on fixing bugs or even polishing existing code so that the new stuff could be done faster. I did not say they must or should, just that it's possible.

"the fact that they aren't using any placeholders etc. right now helps, because DC doesn't waste any time on stuff that won't make it into the final game"

If anybody would call it a waste if it would enable the coder to do his part faster, I can't help it. I did not even say DC had to do it himself. Even the least talented coder could create placeholder images himself if need be. However, I'd rather guess coding is not late because the coder sits idly waiting for art to be available, but because it's simply too much to code. Placeholders would not help in that case.

Edit: They could even hire some more testers and start to fix all those bugs that are being reported. But then again, even 60,000 bucks a month are used up eventually. People want to get paid.

Last edited:
4.00 star(s) 358 Votes