finalcut315

May 6, 2018
If you say yes then Eve is the trap, if you say no then Eve is a normal girl
oof there's gotta be a better way to do that. she's written like she's intersexed though if you choose the penis route, saying she was born with both, so it wouldn't make sense for her to identify as a man. idk maybe they'll elaborate on that.

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
I wrote how DC would not have to waste his time on doing sketches for placeholders by hiring people for that so that he can work on the additional stuff.
I don't think I was clear enough. Right now he isn't working on any additional stuff, so there's no time to gain from where we are now.

And I'd disagree about the placeholders specifically. Placeholders will not increase the development speed of the game from start to finish, simply because it's not even about the time it takes to draw them (as you say, that's quick), but about the time it would take DC to explain to somebody else what he wants. In the time he has done that, he may have drawn the sketch on his own. If you provide a finished image, you may have to explain a few things once, if you start by talking about the scenario without any kind of sketch, etc., the process simply gets more time consuming and you may even have to talk about the same issue twice. In the worst case that'll cost additional time and as such will make the time it takes to finish the game even longer.

You are still only looking at one single update and kinda ignore that it doesn't matter for the overall speed, if coders have nothing or - temporarily - to much to do. DC is working continuously for years now and there's just no time to gain. If he had done all the things you say in the past (since he started to hire peoeple, of course), the game would still be where it is today. Sure, maybe a littel better polished code wise but there wouldn't be more art around.

We simply are talking about a two different issues. It's fair to say that hiring another coder would very likely improve the developmentprocess as a whole and that it would probably make the game a bit better (for now). But none of that will make the time it takes to finish the game shorter and as such art is indeed the limiting factor.

As such, the only thing that would speed up the process is to hire another artist and once that is done, one would have to see how many coders oder posers are required by the amount of content two artits could produce.

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
DC himself is does basically nothing but drawing and he starts working on the next update long before the current one is finished.
The fact that his artwork is done well in advance of the coding is one reason why he's felt no big need to hire a second artist. The challenges of matching style is not worth the hassle.

Last edited by a moderator:
Apr 23, 2019
what the heck, DC defense squad members criticizing him and saying he should hire moar people, what is the world coming to maybe today is truly the judgement day after all

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
what the heck, DC defense squad members criticizing him and saying he should hire moar people, what is the world coming to maybe today is truly the judgement day after all
You wish.

Even if hiring one person would double dev speed, it still is DC's decision alone. Supporting him on Patreon does not make one his boss, you know?

Omnikuken

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 22, 2018
I'm getting errors while playing some scenes in the cookie jar eg Ivanka, eve? can someone help, please
You used the OP unlocker and fucked the game. Either delete and re-download the game (without the unlocker) or pray to RNGesus srk's mod can fix it (99% not happening)
any news about updating mrs. Johnson (tammy) and eric ?? like anything at all ?
They need to win a poll, then wait for the already planned 3 routes + finishing the tech build to happen, then wait the ~4 months it takes for an update. So like the other dude above said, come back in 2023. Maybe by then the poll will come out and they may win it (doubtful)

Tomboll

Mar 14, 2021
Anyone know what these things are?

v0.20.10 (Pre-tech - Part I):
New Content:

• Five new repeatable standalone events with all new dialogue.
  • Five new animations (one with three variations) - one for each new event.
  • A sixth new animation to add a new angle for an existing scene.

TheRemover

Nov 30, 2017
In that case you are only looking at one single update and not the game as whole.

DC himself is does basically nothing but drawing and he starts working on the next update long before the current one is finished.

As such the time it takes to complete the game solely depends on the time he takes to create the art.
Even if they'd do all the things people demand, use placeholders, hire way more people, etc. that fact doesn't change. If DC needs - let's say - another ~4 years to complete the art for the game, no amount of coders, posers, etc. will change that.

It'll always take these ~4 years to finish the game and that's very likely the reason why they don't bother with all of that stuff. It may make people feel a little better, but ultimately it's objectively just a waste of effort and money...

Edit: The only point of time where it really makes sense to get additional help is at the very end. But even in that case DC probably wants to have some time to prepare his next project, so there's very likely no real need, either.
You're assuming the thing that will take the most time is art, which is not necessarily the case. To use your example, if there's four years' worth of art to do, and six years' worth of code to do before final release, then increasing how fast they can do code would absolutely speed up the final release (from six years to a minimum of four). Even if DC had all of the art for the full game today, at this very moment, the release would still take however long it takes to do posing, coding, etc. unless you just want to put out a pile of images as .jpg/.png/.whatever files. This is the point I've been trying to explain to you; the art is not necessarily the limiting factor. Why you insist on disagreeing on what appears to be more a basic fact than anything else (there are things other than art that need to be finished before a release) is beyond me.

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
You're assuming the thing that will take the most time is art, which is not necessarily the case. To use your example, if there's four years' worth of art to do, and six years' worth of code to do before final release, then increasing how fast they can do code would absolutely speed up the final release (from six years to a minimum of four). Even if DC had all of the art for the full game today, at this very moment, the release would still take however long it takes to do posing, coding, etc. unless you just want to put out a pile of images as .jpg/.png/.whatever files. This is the point I've been trying to explain to you; the art is not necessarily the limiting factor. Why you insist on disagreeing on what appears to be more a basic fact than anything else (there are things other than art that need to be finished before a release) is beyond me.
You are of course right with your first sentences but I disagree because DC said quite often that that's not the case. As said before, the current coder isn't even working fulltime (as far as I know he's a server admin in his main job) and there's just not enough work for anybody but DC to work fulltime. Sploosh (the writer) even said that he'd be really happy if they'd find a second artist, because in that case he could work fulltime for DC and wouldn't need his other job.

That's how the team says it is and that's what we should take as baseline. There's no need to talk about some hypothetícal scenario in which there's so much work that the coder and poser can't manage.

Edit: As said before, I don't want to sound like I'm against hiring another coder or poser, I'm just saying that it won't change the time until the game is done by any significant margin.

The time it takes to finish the game = the time DC needs to draw the art for the whole game + a few weeks to wrap up the last update.

All we could gain by hiring more coders/posers are the 3 to 4 weeks at the very end. That's it.

Last edited:

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
mang a lot of people have been pressuring DC to get another artist for years at this point, i wonder if he will ever cave.
He's not even against hiring somebody, but it's been pretty clear from the start that it's either going to be the right person or nobody. People are and have always been encouraged to apply if they want the job.

As far as I see it DC clearly doesn't want to mangage/supervise artists again, after all that was his job before he started working on SS, which means the demands on that one person are very, very high.

Who ever applies has to be able to work pretty independently with as few corrections by DC as possible, has to commit to the project for some time and he/she has to fit the mindset of the game, team and DC very well.

You'll always read that nothing is easier than finding a fitting artist, because the art isn't even that great. But in reality pretty much the opposite is the case for somewhat professional people and that's certainly supported by the fact how many 2D games fail because of problems with their artists.

Last edited:
4.00 star(s) 358 Votes