Gizmogobum

Nov 11, 2020
Struggling to understand what these "Pre-tech" patches were all about. So it was decided by patreon voters that the dev was going to do some much needed update on the code instead of adding more to the story,

Fair enough. then these two patches come out, so are these the update or not because they are apparently named PRE-tech. And if not, did the dev essentially spend the better part of a year, working on an pre-update to an update? Fuck it ill come back in five years maybe the game will have advanced some by then. Chances are I'll be dead before this game is finished.

Reactions: Selo521

Omnikuken

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 22, 2018
Struggling to understand what these "Pre-tech" patches were all about. So it was decided by patreon voters that the dev was going to do some much needed update on the code instead of adding more to the story,

Fair enough. then these two patches come out, so are these the update or not because they are apparently named PRE-tech. And if not, did the dev essentially spend the better part of a year, working on an pre-update to an update? Fuck it ill come back in five years maybe the game will have advanced some by then. Chances are I'll be dead before this game is finished.
Milker in training ? Dev decided to make the re-coding update now instead of when most of the game is done. Dev then figured out it'd take the better part of the year, so he polled twice for bonus scenes while poeple wait for the coding part. Pre-tech = before tech, so no, these aren't the tech (bigbrain time).

"Adding to the story" > What story ? The main route is done and every girl is its own story that doesn't require much of anything outside

"Did the dev spend the better part of a year ...." > Yes, he did spend the last 6+ months redrawing every background into 16:9, making the 12 scenes we got inbetween and re-jigging every scene in-game into those new 16:9 backdrops

Please come back in 5 years then, maybe you'll have acrrued some knowledge on how this game is made

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
It's not like it's only one guy working on the game and the pre-tech updates didn't really affect the tech-side much, given that they were basically just scenes.

These updates are essentially meant to add a bit of content that people wanted, while the tech update is being made. I mean, having too few scenes has always been and will always be a major weakness of the game, so every additional sex scene is objectively totally welcome.

Then again, it does again take way longer than it should, especially because the backgrounds are indeed done for a few weeks by now and there's isn't that much of an excuse to be this slow on the technical side. Not that it'll change much overall, but it looks bad - again.

Reactions: Miðgarðsormr

bogodit

Jul 17, 2020
I'm missing the point of posting the entire Patreon release log almost 2 weeks late ..... Unless he's trying to be a meme-lord and pretend we didn't played the update yet while wasting ~50 pages empty debating who got new scenes and how to get them
Well I didn't play the update before the log was posted here.
So there's that.

Omnikuken

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 22, 2018
Well I didn't play the update before the log was posted here.
So there's that.
The update log got leaked before the game got here. They updated the OP before most people knew there was a new build. The in-game changelog already answered everything that came out in here before people asked ...... Low quality effort all around

Reactions: Miðgarðsormr

bogodit

Jul 17, 2020
The update log got leaked before the game got here. They updated the OP before most people knew there was a new build. The in-game changelog already answered everything that came out in here before people asked ...... Low quality effort all around
I've been playing KC: D, meaning I was away for quite some time, so I knew nothing and it's all news to moi.

Reactions: Johnny90H30

MurkyTurtle

Jul 28, 2017
It's not like it's only one guy working on the game and the pre-tech updates didn't really affect the tech-side much, given that they were basically just scenes.

These updates are essentially meant to add a bit of content that people wanted, while the tech update is being made. I mean, having too few scenes has always been and will always be a major weakness of the game, so every additional sex scene is objectively totally welcome.

Then again, it does again take way longer than it should, especially because the backgrounds are indeed done for a few weeks by now and there's isn't that much of an excuse to be this slow on the technical side. Not that it'll change much overall, but it looks bad - again.
I don't think it'd be nearly as bad if he hadn't catastrophically underestimated the amount of time the last two updates would have taken when he put them up for Patreon polls. The main story was supposed to be two updates over 7-8 months and ended up being three updates that took 14 months. The tech update was supposed to be a quick 3-4 month update to transition the game to widescreen and we're in month 8 with no end in sight. I doubt either choice would have fared as well in the polls over the Rhonda and Annie updates had people known just how long it would take.

I mean, the Annie body pillows he drew a few weeks ago were absolute fire and we're likely not going to see the actual Annie update until nearly 2023 at the current pace. Talk about teasing!

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
I don't think it'd be nearly as bad if he hadn't catastrophically underestimated the amount of time the last two updates would have taken when he put them up for Patreon polls. The main story was supposed to be two updates over 7-8 months and ended up being three updates that took 14 months. The tech update was supposed to be a quick 3-4 month update to transition the game to widescreen and we're in month 8 with no end in sight. I doubt either choice would have fared as well in the polls over the Rhonda and Annie updates had people known just how long it would take.
That's true, but then again, with the tech update I'd have liked if they had looked for more posers before and would have stuck with the original schedule. As mentioned, the backgrounds are done for quite some time now and if DC had stuck to the 5 to 8 scenes he promised, the art would likely have finished two months or so ago.

With the main story there was little that could have been done to increase the speed, except cutting content of course. But this time they actually added a lot of art content to the tech update because the posing/coding side is slow. That could and should have been avoided in my opinion, even though the content is ultimately welcomed and needed. Now DC even started to draw the front yard locations of the new buildings - don't get me wrong, these are needed at some point, but it just doesn't have to happen now.

As you say, it's bad publicity in the first place.

Reactions: bogodit

Omnikuken

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 22, 2018
That's true, but then again, with the tech update I'd have liked if they had looked for more posers before and would have stuck with the original schedule. As mentioned, the backgrounds are done for quite some time now and if DC had stuck to the 5 to 8 scenes he promised, the art would likely have finished two months or so ago.

With the main story there was little that could have been done to increase the speed, except cutting content of course. But this time they actually added a lot of art content to the tech update because the posing/coding side is slow. That could and should have been avoided in my opinion, even though the content is ultimately welcomed and needed. Now DC even started to draw the front yard locations of the new buildings - don't get me wrong, these are needed at some point, but it just doesn't have to happen now.

As you say, it's bad publicity in the first place.
Lol, imagine the complete meltdown if we didn't get the 2 lewd batches and we'd been waiting for 7+ months with nothing since last main update. The crazies would be wild and threaten to nuke the thread every few posts

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
Lol, imagine the complete meltdown if we didn't get the 2 lewd batches and we'd been waiting for 7+ months with nothing since last main update. The crazies would be wild and threaten to nuke the thread every few posts
I'm not really sure honestly, after all that's what people voted for.

I think I'm not the only one who would have preferred that to get to Ronda faster. These batches or stuff like the last Halloween update aren't real updates after all, they are small gooddies that few actually care about.

4.10 star(s) 359 Votes