• We're currently performing maintenance on the search system, we'll get it back ASAP.

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
I'm not sure how does one apply the patches, there is the incest patch from lewdpatcher.com which I unpacked into the game folder inside the main folder but here it says to also apply another one called additional_incest_stuff_patch.rpyc however after download the file has some numbers in front like 452378_, removed that bit and copied both, game launches and immediatelly crashed with an error related to translation of following line: "Once I got back home I headed upstairs".

Also in the link above to additional lines mod there is a password protected zip file with two different files, one that is correctly named additional_incest_stuff_patch.rpyc without the number in front and one simply called patch.

Running it just with incestpatch.rpy from lewdpatcher works but I'm not sure if I'm fully patched by using just that file or if I need to download any others and if so which ones?
The short answer is:
  • The lewdpatcher for v0.20.5 is the one most seem to use here. Both the "Incest (20.5)" and "Incest*" linked in the OP are the same content, even though the second has a newer version number listed. It 'works' for nearly all the content in the game.
  • Any questions about the Additional Lines/Extra Lines Incest Mod which you linked above should be asked in that thread.

Poringu

Feb 17, 2019
Excuse me, but I'm inexperienced with the way mods work.
The current Summertime Saga version is 0.20.12, the latest incest patch is 0.20.5 and additional lines to that patch are 0.20.9-2.2.

How safe is it to use those mods? Are they compatible, or do the versions need to be exactly the same? Are there any 'traps' I should be aware of when installing them? Will new updates break my (modded) safe files?

Bob69

Uploading the World
Uploader
Donor
Compressor
Mar 2, 2019
Excuse me, but I'm inexperienced with the way mods work.
The current Summertime Saga version is 0.20.12, the latest incest patch is 0.20.5 and additional lines to that patch are 0.20.9-2.2.

How safe is it to use those mods? Are they compatible, or do the versions need to be exactly the same? Are there any 'traps' I should be aware of when installing them? Will new updates break my (modded) safe files?
It is save to use incest patches even if they are not the most up to date version number as they mostly only change text. For this two that just means that when there are new scenes where the mod would have to be updated they are original. But I think the extra lines mod changes them so all scenes excluding the 2 pew tech updates are changed.
New updates will break it in that way that for the next 2 pre tech updates there maybe are error codes, but they should still work.
For the BIG tech update later this year, it won’t work at all because the Cookie team recodes and reposes the game completely, at this time we need both mods to be overhauled.
TL: DR: They will work, Full Tech update will break them.

Last edited:
Reactions: Poringu

Psychofreak

Feb 28, 2020
Yeah, my problem is that I did all of that, but I still just cannot get the option to type in the password.

And I've done it before, on older versions of the game, so I don't know what the issue is.
Mate ignore this if you've fixed it already but simply restarting the game fixed it for me.

EmIarMitee

Jan 21, 2021
The short answer is:
  • The lewdpatcher for v0.20.5 is the one most seem to use here. Both the "Incest (20.5)" and "Incest*" linked in the OP are the same content, even though the second has a newer version number listed. It 'works' for nearly all the content in the game.
  • Any questions about the Additional Lines/Extra Lines Incest Mod which you linked above should be asked in that thread.
Thanks for the reply, I had some issues and decided to keep just the lewdpatcher file but despite this the game crashes to that error screen with ignore, open, etc and bunch of text, even with just the incestpatch.rpy and nothing else, am I missing something? I just unpacked the file as the instruction says. Does the incest patch even add any new h-scenes or is it just text and basic interactions?

Omnikuken

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 22, 2018
Thanks for the reply, I had some issues and decided to keep just the lewdpatcher file but despite this the game crashes to that error screen with ignore, open, etc and bunch of text, even with just the incestpatch.rpy and nothing else, am I missing something? I just unpacked the file as the instruction says. Does the incest patch even add any new h-scenes or is it just text and basic interactions?
It's just text (about 50kb text file won't be adding scenes .....) and it doesn't work with any other mod (might get lucky with srk's) and it doesn't work with translation(s)

Reactions: Count Morado

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
What mods are you running, not counting the incest patch? I suspect you just had some glitch with the initial install and you should delete and reinstall or remove mods you have added. OR If you are using an old save that used a mod that may cause glitches, as well (depending on whose mod).

Neither of those patches should cause what you are talking about. They simply change dialogue text (the additional lines/extra lines adds some lines, not just replacing words -- at least that is what the patch developer says in their thread OP), not any processing and they don't add anything new.

EmIarMitee

Jan 21, 2021
What mods are you running, not counting the incest patch? I suspect you just had some glitch with the initial install and you should delete and reinstall or remove mods you have added. OR If you are using an old save that used a mod that may cause glitches, as well (depending on whose mod).

Neither of those patches should cause what you are talking about. They simply change dialogue text (the additional lines/extra lines adds some lines, not just replacing words -- at least that is what the patch developer says in their thread OP), not any processing and they don't add anything new.
I'll reinstall and just play it without it, I don't really care that much about incest if there aren't any new scenes, thanks once again.

EmIarMitee

Jan 21, 2021
Damn it, even the base game, no mods, seems to crash on some scenes, using the gallery unlock, selected one with the girl with blue hair and it just crashes.

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
Damn it, even the base game, no mods, seems to crash on some scenes, using the gallery unlock, selected one with the girl with blue hair and it just crashes.
You say "no mods" and then you say "using the gallery unlock" ... do you mean the gallery unlock mod? Because that one is the one that is one of the most notorious for causing problems.

Omnikuken

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 22, 2018
You say "no mods" and then you say "using the gallery unlock" ... do you mean the gallery unlock mod? Because that one is the one that is one of the most notorious for causing problems.
And is another reason thread mods either don't know wtf they're doing or don't give a flying F about said thread. That junk has been dead for more than a year and is breaking the game, what do bigbrain thread mods do ? Leave it in the OP and hope no1 reports it, cause that'd be spamming. And reporting the OP also does nothing, really great job from every1 involved

EmIarMitee

Jan 21, 2021
I didn't know you need mods to unlock galleries, usually some cheat code, regedit or modification of a save file but if this is actually a mod then yes. I will remove it and play the game without it then, I didn't realize it could be the cause of the problem.

Omnikuken

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 22, 2018
I didn't know you need mods to unlock galleries, usually some cheat code, regedit or modification of a save file but if this is actually a mod then yes. I will remove it and play the game without it then, I didn't realize it could be the cause of the problem.
You could "play" the game and unlock stuff ....... Or use the phone menu (as stated a few dozen times in the thread already)

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
If you already broke your game, open the console (SHIFT-O) and type unlock_all_scenes().

And I promise you, my mod does not add bugs, but instead I will fix all bugs the game might have if you only report them to me (with an adequate description).

4.10 star(s) 359 Votes