Omnikuken

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 22, 2018
No, a prototype shuttle would've been close to done by now with the amount of time and money this game has taken. Because DC refuses to hire anyone else to speed things up I'd recommend ignoring this game and checking up once every 6 months. .

Complaining here will only get you passive-aggressive responses from people that lurk/mouth breathe/live on this thread. Complaining also will not make it go faster.

There are a lot of games of similar or higher quality on this website, you should look around (I recommend Subverse, What a Legend and Aurelia)
You mean the 2 posers he hired during the holidays were a wetdream ? Good to know Patreon lied to us again

Reactions: Count Morado

Omnikuken

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 22, 2018
By "hire anyone else to speed things up" I meant another artist, which he hasn't done. For most updates the art is what takes a long time, not posing or writing. The team also needs another coder, there were 2 at one point (RIP dogeek), now there is only one and the majority of the work for this update is coding. I even tried years ago to help DC by finding artists able to work at his level but he said "idk I'll see". Which I'm guessing is a mix of not caring, not trusting me on art (makes sense) and him wanting to have his art the way he likes it.

Also I wasn't aware there were extra people since It doesn't say it on the list of devs. I thought junior devs were brought in to replace the people that left previously. Though it is a good thing if he did hire extra, even though it's posing.

Wish I could help but unfortunately I can only do audio engineering/music and was told by DC to wait till the game's done then communicate with Aoi. So don't get me wrong I have nothing against DC personally, though I do have my criticisms (just like everyone else).

"Patreon lied to us again" huh? Who said Patreon lied? I certainly didn't.
He's never gonna hire any1 for the art. That died 6 years ago. And art is never the chokepoint > DC claimed to have finished the art for the tech before Xmas. Which unsurprisingly is relayed by the tracker saying 98% art done while code is not even up to 50%. He'd need to hire at least 2 more coders if he hopes of getting the tech before June (month, not the girl)

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
But seeing as there's a new rig system, it should make things go faster since DC doesn't have to draw every pose for posing to put into place. We'll see.
Well, the rig system has been in use for quite some time and it didn't speed up their progress that much. Then again, it did certainly help to keep the size of the game to a minimum, which is kinda important for those who play on mobile.

The problem with an artist for locations etc, is simply the way these locations are usually created. Most backgrounds and locations are made on stream, so people can give their input and that's why you can't really outsource them to somebody else. I'm pretty sure many of them wouldn't be as good and detailed as they are now without that additional input.

Reactions: Plumbogummite

Omnikuken

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 22, 2018
For this update we both agree the issue is code. I guess what I meant is that for the future regular/non-tech updates to be under 4+ months he needs (his words from years ago) another artist just to do backgrounds, basic sketches of locations, fixes, details, shading...etc. I also think another artist is crucial (aside from another coder) for updates to match the funding and for the game to be done under 5 years from now. But seeing as there's a new rig system, it should make things go faster since DC doesn't have to draw every pose for posing to put into place. We'll see.

I wanna see the school cult story and get a paizuri from the principal before I die. :(
Annie's (and Smith's) probably won't happen this year, so you got time to die before it releases

Omnikuken

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 22, 2018
This guy is making 90k per month! Per month! And from only Patreon. Of course he's gonna take his time...
You do realised the guy as been working on this game since mid 2016 right? Has a steady earning, don't have to do anything else. And is far from finishing it. He's the Chris Roberts of sex games!
Fascinating double posting and saying nothing (yes that's 4 rhymes in 1 line, try to beat that)

4.10 star(s) 356 Votes