Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
Sounds really nice when you put everything like that, but how can you say that this is not scam if since last june of 2021 they only release two parts of Pre-tech "major" update and if you check out the change log there is only six "new" things added so they "worked" from march 2021 on only six noticeable changes for 70k monthly, how in the world can you defend that? There is no way we can justify this scam man, I can name to you other devs that provide monthly and weekly updates that deserve more support than people that starts doing this, we as a community should not stand this kind of treatment...
Then go support those developers and unfollow this game. I do not understand the entitlement shown by people getting games for free on here.

The game is free for anyone to play while it is in development. If you don't like it - wait until it is complete to play it.

Yes, there are patreons giving money to support the developer. But 99.99% of the players are not. What is the scam? If they didn't want to give the developer money, they don't have to. As part of their donation, they get to vote on future content polls (which the developer does take notice) as well as other perks they see worth their buck. When they feel like it's no longer worthwhile, they will stop. It's their choice.

When you walk down the street and a violinist is playing with their case on the ground - you have no obligation to put a dollar into the case. You can listen for free for as long as you want - even if the violinist only plays the same song over and over and over again. There will be people who do toss a dollar in because they appreciate the diversion, the music, the way the violist holds their bow, whatever. They could drop a dollar daily. It's their choice.

Either way, you're getting the entertainment for free. Everyone knows what they are getting into.

diras2010

Nov 4, 2017
Summertime Saga Wallpapers
- - - Pixeldrain - Workupload

(You can pre-view the wallpapers on Letsupload and Workupload, there are currently 67 WPs)

Edit: Added Mixdrop
Edit2: Fixed Letsupload link
Say buddy, are you actively updating those??

Sep 26, 2017
Being a Summertime Saga patron is a much higher symbol of financial status than buying the most expensive limited edition dragon dildo from Balenciaga, because burning money for a meager content update every six months just to make the poorfags cry tears of blood on the forums is some cruel "let them eat cake" type of shit.

If one day I get rich with some vile ponzi scheme I will contribute as a high tier dono to this game, just to get psychic revenge on society.

Omnikuken

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 22, 2018
I don't mind the long waits as much as many of you - what bothers me is the long waits for little content.

There is of course - nothing we can do about it. Until a competitor shows up and does it better, quicker, for less money, SS is king. At least it's not Milfy City.
Better ? Debatable
Faster ? For hand made art ? Not happening soon. The other high quality game made by 2 people still takes 4-5 months
Less money ? Maybe. Does it matter ? Not really, the game is doable with 25k/month as per the Patreon goal
Sounds really nice when you put everything like that, but how can you say that this is not scam if since last june of 2021 they only release two parts of Pre-tech "major" update and if you check out the change log there is only six "new" things added so they "worked" from march 2021 on only six noticeable changes for 70k monthly, how in the world can you defend that? There is no way we can justify this scam man, I can name to you other devs that provide monthly and weekly updates that deserve more support than people that starts doing this, we as a community should not stand this kind of treatment...
He redrew every background to enable 16:9, remade many scenes for same reason and coder is redoing the entire game. Yes, this is defendable pretty easily. Unless you wanna cry DC streaming daily for hours is also fake and he does an update 3 days before releasing it while stuffing his ass for months

Mee&Mee

Apr 23, 2020
Then go support those developers and unfollow this game. I do not understand the entitlement shown by people getting games for free on here.

The game is free for anyone to play while it is in development. If you don't like it - wait until it is complete to play it.

Yes, there are patreons giving money to support the developer. But 99.99% of the players are not. What is the scam? If they didn't want to give the developer money, they don't have to. As part of their donation, they get to vote on future content polls (which the developer does take notice) as well as other perks they see worth their buck. When they feel like it's no longer worthwhile, they will stop. It's their choice.

When you walk down the street and a violinist is playing with their case on the ground - you have no obligation to put a dollar into the case. You can listen for free for as long as you want - even if the violinist only plays the same song over and over and over again. There will be people who do toss a dollar in because they appreciate the diversion, the music, the way the violist holds their bow, whatever. They could drop a dollar daily. It's their choice.

Either way, you're getting the entertainment for free. Everyone knows what they are getting into.
It does not matter what I say, you always will believe that NOBODY can CALL the police for a crime if they are not related... XD

Games for free? I am sorry, I do not know you, but I pay for games when they are completed or if I see that the developer is working conscientiously on any pre-alpha, period.

bye...

Omnikuken

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 22, 2018
It does not matter what I say, you always will believe that NOBODY can CALL the police for a crime if they are not related... XD

Games for free? I am sorry, I do not know you, but I pay for games when they are completed or if I see that the developer is working conscientiously on any pre-alpha, period.

bye...
Summertime is free to every1 even if not on Patreon, but you don't play free games till they're finished. So wtf are you doing here crying about milking and DC being a scamlord ? Contradicting yourself within 1 post is fun

DownTheDrain

Donor
Aug 25, 2017
There ought to be a requirement to give a summary of the last 3 pages before you're allowed to post.
Maybe that way we wouldn't get the exact same comment over and over and over again.

Reactions: APoc1

Dardanit

Feb 10, 2019
Meh so i have to go through all my save files to look for a point were these scenes happen or i have to start yet again a new game & spend all the time skipping through the routes while breaking them until i eventually come across the scenes that are probably not even worth watching anyway? :confused:

Fucking hell is there a way to unlock them in the cookie jar or something?

Reactions: tankdick

Omnikuken

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 22, 2018
Meh so i have to go through all my save files to look for a point were these scenes happen or i have to start yet again a new game & spend all the time skipping through the routes while breaking them until i eventually come across the scenes that are probably not even worth watching anyway? :confused:

Fucking hell is there a way to unlock them in the cookie jar or something?
Entire 1st part is a massive lolnope. For the 2nd part, either use the extremely hidden "new game with content" where you barely have to check the hints and play for 5 mins in 3 routes and be done or use the same technique us higher beings have been using since 2018 and use the phone menu. Bonus points for being the 25kth dude to ask the same thing since yesterday without any hint of actually reading anything posted since the release. Another bonus point trying to moan you have to start a new game in every build while us still higher beings haven't need to since 2018 (weird the phone menu and save comp came roughly at the same time, yet no1 knows about it)

• Haha
Reactions: APoc1 and gam2000

jackfox147

Jun 9, 2017

bye...

I hear you, but i think youre missing the point. The 70k isnt a crime, it a (collection of) bad choice(s). There have been many games that i loved, but felt the creator was doing a money grab. Its insulting, frustrating, and feels wrong. That is sadly the world. I donated on a few games, when i feel that way i stop donating.

There are the ones that start strong then get a ton of support. Suddenly monthly updates get delayed a month. Then 2 , then the animations stop Because they take too much time. Then there's going to be a couple of month to fix all the systems so they can get back on track. Then they are going to hire some people (so please dont stop pledging )

What i realized, is that you arent buying the game. Your tipping. Like the other person said. They are making the game (like the Violinist ) You can play it or not. If you like it, and want to show it in a tangible way you "tip" them. If im honest for the first time in a long time there are a few games i see right now that i might start pledging on. I see each months pledge not as paying for that months work. But as thank you for last months work. If the game stops i've lost nothing. yeah ill be pissed (if I liked it enough to pledge , i must have really liked the game. and now its gone ), but that shouldn't be confused with a crime. Thankfully Patreon doent pre bill you, so you can start and stop as you see fit.

tankdick

Dec 21, 2017
Summertime is free to every1 even if not on Patreon, but you don't play free games till they're finished. So wtf are you doing here crying about milking and DC being a scamlord ? Contradicting yourself within 1 post is fun
It’s impressive that everything you said is wrong. This site is for those that like to sail the high seas not fawn over content creators and sponsor them. People here are entitled to whatever goddamn opinion they like related to the game and it’s creator.

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
It’s impressive that everything you said is wrong. This site is for those that like to sail the high seas not fawn over content creators and sponsor them. People here are entitled to whatever goddamn opinion they like related to the game and it’s creator.
There sure is a lot of entitlement on here. You got that right.

That said - you do have the ability to complain. Others have the ability to respond.

Also, you can't pirate something that is free. So, those high seas must be in your bathtub. This isn't TPB, Kazaa, or the dark web, me matey.

4.10 star(s) 359 Votes