JustBang

Feb 21, 2022
There's also something on the main menu that has every answer possible for any question in here till the tech build comes out

Yep, weird isn't it. People donating less than 3$/month somehow manage to survive while getting a bunch of scenes every ~4 months. Truly a marvel of science. Even weirder is that you get the same stuff for free. Guess the universe is gonna implode soon from all that non-sense
Fools throw their money away and you get something for free because of it. Why complain when you aren´t losing out?
Not complaining, it can just take you back a bit with how big the project is and how far it's come

felineclaws

Aug 3, 2020
You know, this update has been taking a minute, and i'd love to see some more communication from the devteam. But i dont begrudge them for not doing that, since good 90% of this thread is big dumbassery.

Omnikuken

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 22, 2018
You know, this update has been taking a minute, and i'd love to see some more communication from the devteam. But i dont begrudge them for not doing that, since good 90% of this thread is big dumbassery.
Do you want better communication here or in general ? This place doesn't exist for DC, so you won't have much luck. Go to his Picarto stream if you want to talk to him and hope he repsonds

HenrySapin

Dec 28, 2020
and sadly most of the people who are complaining dont know how long stuff like this can take especially rewriting code which was written by multiple coders. BTW for the people who say that the dev is lazy or not providing any new content since he reached his patreon goal he is streaming like every 2-3 day on average where he is showing his current work for around 2 hours people can tune in or watch his older streams the main dev is actively working on the game.
I'm glad to hear that he's working 2 hours every 3 days on a game that earns him 70,000$ each month. It's encouraging, we might have new content in 2023 but I'm probably a bit too optimistic :):):)

Lithionus6135

Aug 18, 2019
I'm glad to hear that he's working 2 hours every 3 days on a game that earns him 70,000$ each month. It's encouraging, we might have new content in 2023 but I'm probably a bit too optimistic :):):)

Did you not read what he wrote? He said he streams every 2 or 3 days where he shows his current work for around 2 hours. So he takes time out of his development every couple days to showcase what he is doing for those that are interested. Basically, he works a lot. And takes time out of said work to showcase what he is doing for 2 to 3 hours every couple of days to his supporters.

But to be honest. If you are a 100% free player (meaning you have never supported the developer). You have 0 room to whine, complain and/or all together try to stretch your epeen while trying to be the 'cool cat' in town.

If you have at one point, given some $$ to support a developer. Then complain away, as you are an investor... at least on some level.

LordMerek

Romance & Redemption Enthusiast
Donor
Aug 22, 2018
Whenever you put your work out for others, you have every right to criticize that work. Paying for an artist/ tipping the artist, does not give you a "RIGHT" to whine, nor does it do anything else than YOU giving money.

This form of entitlement in any way of form is plain stupid. All I had to say to you, and anyone else who thinks that way. Lmao "If you at one point given some money, you can complain".

Shut the hell up dude. Seriously. If you don't see how dumb that is, you have no right to think. That work for you? Fit into your rule-book?
I completely agree with you. I don't get the dude's argument that giving money is the only way one has a right to valid critiscm. That's some authoritarian bullshit right there. EVERYONE is entitled to their opinion and entitled to give cristicm. In this case it's up to the developer whether he chooses to listen to the voices in his head people.

Nov 4, 2017
Yes, DC is taking his sweet ass time to make this tech update and it's really frustrating to wait months for something so trivial. Though, I have to say, from looking at his Picarto, the team has been putting in some work for future content. So they are actually updating the game and adding new content. Ofc, they earn a ton of money and yes updates have slowed down tremendously, but really, I'd prefer a polished game that takes a while to develop than a rushed game that is buggy and broken.

Both sides of the argument are correct, don't get me wrong. As fans we expect DC to pump out work at a faster pace like HE SAID he'd do when he hired new members for his team. DC didn't quite live up to that so it's a huge disappointment to us fans, plus he's earning 4 to 5 figures a month, so..... yea he's sort of milking the situation. But on the other hand, he has documented all his progress on stream and is making an effort to enhance the game. Developing a game is hard, it isn't as simple as most people make it out to be. Coding is always the biggest pain and so as getting the artwork done. So amount of time needed for this particular type of update is sorta needed.

But what do I know, I'm just frustrated that the update takes so f-king long to make, but I also can understand why it takes so long.

LordMerek

Donor
Aug 22, 2018
thats not what i wrote read my sentence again. I said he is streaming around 2 hours to show what he is currently working on he sometimes also asks the viewers for opinions.

Edit: And does it matter if he earns 70k or nothing? At the end its his project and its independent work people should subscribe on patreon to support his work but not to expect that he is going to work more on his game.
However as I said in my previous post if people are unhappy with the current progression of the game story they can unsubscribe till the tech update is out after that they will push a lot of new content. People also don't know how hard it can be to rewrite a codebase especially if its not written by you and if he is redrawing most of the stuff he released since game release you can't expect to redraw an art collection since 5-6years to be done in 1 month
Well the good thing about the developer is he does consistently put out content on a schedule and it's rare that schedule isn't met. So while he definitely can put out more in an update, he probably adheres to the schedule to keep his current number of patrons high. So ethically a business model as opposed to a scam. Still kinda scummy, but legit.

Reactions: Toushiro

elstupidwolf

Jun 2, 2017
Whenever you put your work out for others, you have every right to criticize that work. Paying for an artist/ tipping the artist, does not give you a "RIGHT" to whine, nor does it do anything else than YOU giving money.

This form of entitlement in any way of form is plain stupid. All I had to say to you, and anyone else who thinks that way. Lmao "If you at one point given some money, you can complain".

Shut the hell up dude. Seriously. If you don't see how dumb that is, you have no right to think. That work for you? Fit into your rule-book?
What?

So, you pay someone for a service/good & it takes forever but you can't complain?
That's... Not how life work

LordMerek

Donor
Aug 22, 2018
What?

So, you pay someone for a service/good & it takes forever but you can't complain?
That's... Not how life work
That's not what he was saying. He was saying EVERYONE should be able to complain, in response to the idiot misinformed interloper who said only people who donate to the patreon have a right to complain.

LordMerek

Donor
Aug 22, 2018
Oh my bad....
Yeah no, everybody should complain if it's justified..
Like here, it takes forever
I agree. Complaining for the sake of complaining shouldn't be a thing, but unfortunately here in this thread it's festered like a disease, or a swollen pimple. So it's hard to see who isn't pouring gasoline on the fire.

LordMerek

Donor
Aug 22, 2018
And of course everyone has a right to criticism, Devs use feedback to improve
Sure, but sometimes developers ignores even the most constructive of feedback. I have no idea if these developers are sinking that boat or not.

Reactions: JustBang
4.10 star(s) 359 Votes