Omnikuken

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 22, 2018
Well I meant the end of the game in 2040 LOL not just the tech update. originally I had been waiting to play the game for the first time due to the tech update. Obviously my brain grew enough to abandoned that idea.
Like Morado said above : the game is technically "finished" and all we're getting are some kinda DLCs for girls who had nothing. And now we're getting a "reboot/remake" with the new code.

APoc1

Apr 22, 2018
Like Morado said above : the game is technically "finished" and all we're getting are some kinda DLCs for girls who had nothing. And now we're getting a "reboot/remake" with the new code.
Sure the storey is complete , but the addition of new content and maybe a few extra girls still makes waiting and playing it again worth it to me.

Badjourasmix

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 22, 2017
Almost 8 ... and yea, it will continue at least that long in development. That said - DC could have ended development anytime in the past year or so and called it "complete" and then just made DLC and bugfixes. And then make some big announcement about a reboot a new version in 16:9. That's what a lot of devteams do. Think of all the games you play - indie on up to AAA - and the years of additional patches, "additional scenes", "director cut", etc that are pushed out.

Honestly, it's no different - but looking at it under a different perspective.
Yeah I am not really counting the stuff he did before he started his patreon. But even if he didn't make the whole tech update. It would still take years to finish this game, you sill have handfull of characters with very little or no content, and there is also the reworks for Debbie, mia and Erik's stories. The stuff with Debbie and Erik especially, looks really bad compared with the new content.

PopeTarty

Chumbud IRyStocat
Donor
Sep 18, 2018
Just played through the majority of the game for the first time. Honestly, besides adding a potential marriage option and maybe a real true ending where you select one girl or several to be with, I'd say the game is pretty much completed. Instead of revamping all the content, I feel like the dev is way better off just making a new game entirely. Either that or making a sequel or spin-off but I'm not sure how well that would go.

After finishing the game I went to patreon and here to see the general perception the game has from the community, and it seems he's being accused a lot of milking patrons, and stalling on updates. All this could be avoided if he just said "Alright, I'm making a new game and it's going to take a long time for anything playable to come out". Atleast that way we could look forward to some actually new content instead of a widerscreen and handfull of scenes for girls no one cares about.

Reactions: chicho1958

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
I'd say the game is pretty much completed.
You are correct in your assumption. That said, there are reasons why the dev isn't moving on - it's because a large portion of his subscribers and fanbase feel there is more to do here (and so does he). Strangely you say "no one cares about" yet there are still storyline updates scheduled for several characters that supporters have voted on that they want to see happen - for R(h)onda, Judith, etc. These small scenes while waiting for the recoding of the game and optimizing imagery for mobile players (which, the gaming industry has stated more developers - indie and AAA - need to direct more effort to) are simply to quell the masses while the tech update is happening.

Reactions: APoc1

SilverSteve

Oct 16, 2017
so Eve disappeared from the game after putting her child in daycare aside from appearing in the evening in her room. In morning and day she's not at school, her home, park... anywhere.

pepito08

Sep 8, 2020
the game is pretty much completed
How can the story mode NOT end with a big family orgy with several options and positions is baffling to me, and the fact that the patreons don't ask for that is even more baffling... shouln't that be a rewarding celebration for the completion of the game? Instead nothing happens.

Omnikuken

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 22, 2018
so Eve disappeared from the game after putting her child in daycare aside from appearing in the evening in her room. In morning and day she's not at school, her home, park... anywhere.
Doubtful. Skip a few days and check if you're not on a weekend day. If after a week or 2 she's still gone, then come back and panic
How can the story mode NOT end with a big family orgy with several options and positions is baffling to me, and the fact that the patreons don't ask for that is even more baffling... shouln't that be a rewarding celebration for the completion of the game? Instead nothing happens.
There's no family and "story mode" doesn't exist. You finished the "main route", not the entire game. You can solo that "main route" without doing anything else, doesn't mean you finished the "game". And the goal of the route was to find out who killed MC's notdad, which you should have found out when completing said route. Massive orgy with 20 girls wasn't part of the deal. And since the game is still 4+ years away from completion, it could still happen in 2030

4.10 star(s) 359 Votes