srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
Here is before echance. And one more example
Uhhhh those look pretty great actually. If DC doesn't use this I would think it could be included as part of the naughty tribute mod, srksrk 68
Well, especially the 6.2smooth variant looks very good. However, it is already nearly a megabyte of size. If it was animated at real speed it would certainly be an option, but if you have it for all the scenes it's too much to be included in the mod.

Naughty Tribute already tries to do something similar with the smoothing parameter. Of course those cannot compete with the AI enhancements. In both cases, older animations will profit more than the newer ones that already have more frames.

Plus, Naughty Tribute offers sound, speed varations and mods to the animations as well (pregnancy, cum overlays and other variants) ;)

Jul 22, 2022
Takes ~4 months per update (and yes, lewd batches are included in this, even if people go mad about it only be bonus scenes). 4 months * ~20 updates = 80 months or 6.5 years (basic math is fun). And this isn't a VN. And it's hand-drawn. And there's 4 dudes working part time to make it "work"
It might not considered a VN if we're being strict about definitions, but let's be honest there's not a lot of gameplay, and the vast majority is spent clicking through dialogue until you see some boobies.

It makes more sense when you adjust for the hand drawn stuff, and part time development. I don't understand why you quoted the average update interval for this game? That describes the development timeline, but doesn't offer any significant insights into the process.

I guess i was expecting for there to have been major reworks multiple times, people leaving the development, personal issues etc. etc. to also account for this massive span of time.

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
I guess i was expecting for there to have been major reworks multiple times, people leaving the development, personal issues etc. etc. to also account for this massive span of time.
Technically you'd ultimately have to subtract the first ~1,5 to 2 years of development, as most of the content from that time has been reworked or will be reworked at some point and as such was basically done twice.

And compared to your standard (japanese) VN? Well, there you'll have a limited cast of 4 to 6 girls, a small set of poses, a few generic backgrounds and for the most part static sex scenes or maybe a few simple animations. And that's it for the most part. The actual number assets for such a game is indeed quite small. If you compare that to this game, you'll see the different level of effort and detail. As such the time it takes is simply longer, given that everything is still drawn by one person.

The question to ask is simply, how many assets (including the ones to create the animations) can one person reasonably draw per year and that's roughly your answer about the amount of content the game gets.

Last edited:
Jul 22, 2022
Technically you'd ultimately have to subtract the first ~1,5 to 2 years of development, as most of the content from that time has been reworked or will be reworked at some point and as such was basically done twice.

And compared to your standard (japanese) VN? Well, there you'll have a limited cast of 4 to 6 girls, a small set of poses, a few generic backgrounds and for the most part static sex scenes or maybe a few simple animations. And that's it for the most part. The actual number assets for such a game is indeed quite small. If you compare that to this game, you'll see the different level of effort and detail. As such the time it takes is simply longer, given that everything is still drawn by one person.

The question to ask is simply, how many assets (including the ones to create the animations) can one person reasonably draw per year and that's roughly your answer about the amount of content the game gets.
GOAT answer right there. It seems much more reasonable to me after having read that.
Thank you for taking the time to type it out.

nicknic91

Mar 15, 2018
So you ignored the entire thread then ?

Lol at you or lol at what you quoted ? I'll go with 1st choice
yeah, i started reading at the "so if i understand correctly this game is dead" bit even tho the creator literally said about a week ago that he was gonna take a 1-2 weeks break and then was gonna work on publishing the next update

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
It’s a scary thought that this game will probably be finished by the time most of us are dead.
Why do you want it "finished", anyway? If it's finished, that means no more content. I honestly don't understand the anxiety that people want this game to receive no more content - as much as people seem to enjoy it (or enjoy being frustrated by it), so many want it to be done and over with.

I have already stated my inability to understand people who have anxiety the other way, as well.

Either way, DC is only done with Summertime Saga when it no longer brings him joy to work on it - whether or not we think it is done. Not a day before, maybe not a day after.

Reactions: srksrk 68

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
Why do you want it "finished", anyway? If it's finished, that means no more content. I honestly don't understand the anxiety that people want this game to receive no more content - as much as people seem to enjoy it (or enjoy being frustrated by it), so many want it to be done and over with.

I have already stated my inability to understand people who have anxiety the other way, as well.

Either way, DC is only done with Summertime Saga when it no longer brings him joy to work on it - whether or not we think it is done. Not a day before, maybe not a day after.
Totally agree. I also don't understand what all that asking for full saves and gallery unlocks is about as soon as a new update arrives. Do people just sit in front of the cookie jar, one handed, longing for new scenes?

4.10 star(s) 359 Votes