yuyutsu

Mar 31, 2019
They still warned dudes to not save anywhere aside 2 places and that saves are compatible since 0.18, over 4 years ago. People still don't do any of those 2 and "bug" out. Design flaw all you want, people still play like lamers and crash themselves, after being warned.
Seriously read the comments before answering.
When I said loading past checkpoints I was referring to saves made in case of bugs.
Started a new game for this update means starting a game from the scratch for this update. I did not load any saves from previous version. I don't even have a save from previous versions.
I know most of the comments are of such kind but there can actually be some bugs in WIP game, acknowledge that.

Edit: Just learned what you meant by this "They still warned dudes to not save anywhere aside 2 places" from the comment above this one which I am not sure is warned(could be and I missed) and I was not aware. Thanks for telling me that.

Omnikuken

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 22, 2018
Using basic and generic terms while replying doesn't mean I'm targeting you personally, even if I quote your post. Your case is just the most recent and easily accessible to point out the game doesn't work like most people think it does (and that most people don't know how the game works, aka the save and multi-routes). Maybe the tech build will fix everything and you can go do all routes at once and nothing will crap out (dubious at best).

You still haven't provided much info after your initial post of "Roxxy's route is bugged". What does it do ? Reset back a few weeks when you load ? Repeat the same event all the time ? She switches between loving the MC and wanting to kill him for looking at her (back and forth from early route to late) ? Most of which are the "you didn't save at the 2 places you should" syndroms. Adding to the fact doing many routes at once does indeed crap out, even if the dev didn't tell any1 about it and that the code is hot garbage, while the game is labelled as sandbox and people are expected to run around aimlessly doing all the routes they can at once

Reactions: yuyutsu

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
Concur. My old phone with Ice Cream Sandwich version of Android agrees with you, but Gingerbread is still a little spicy about the whole thing.
LOL you got me. But even in Android versions there is a defined order -- the first letter of the name. I agree that there is a corresponding section missing in the Wiki article I quoted...

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: Count Morado

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
Seriously read the comments before answering.
When I said loading past checkpoints I was referring to saves made in case of bugs.
Started a new game for this update means starting a game from the scratch for this update. I did not load any saves from previous version. I don't even have a save from previous versions.
I know most of the comments are of such kind but there can actually be some bugs in WIP game, acknowledge that.

If you are referring to McDonald case, afaik the judgement was passed against the McDonald so... Although I am not familiar with the case so if there is anything you would like to share that could be new to me, feel free to do so.
Also it depends how I got burned, was the cup defective, did it spill while handing over. Did it spill because of a wobbly chair/table that belonged to Starbucks. Many possibilities.

Edit: Just learned what you meant by this "They still warned dudes to not save anywhere aside 2 places" from the comment above this one which I am not sure is warned(could be and I missed) and I was not aware. Thanks for telling me that.
With "Save in the two known save places" Omnikuken means the main town map and MCs bedroom. This is basic knowledge if you read frequently in the forum. Which not everybody can and does. I totally agree that the game is at fault not to hinder the user to save elesewhere. For this, and for the fact that the game is producing faulty saves, the dev is to be blamed and not the user.

Also, as I stated before in this forum, there are one or two situations at least that I can reproduce where the game *will* produce faulty saves also in the so-called safe places. If you happen to save at the wrong time during the wrong quest, your save *will* break in those situations. If you pass those without loading that faulty save, you are all good, but not if you don't. Easy as that.

It is also a problem to do rollback, which the game disables for a reason. Without any counter measures, a rollback accross internal status changes will also break your save, be it in a safe place or not.

Having said that, I can only recommend my own Naughty Tribute mod, which to my knowledge prevents saves from breaking and which can even repair broken saves. I don't know if you already abandoned your broken saves. If not, give that mod a try. If it cannot repair your save, I would really be interested to repair it myself, if possible.

Finally, you should be aware that the tech update does not necessarily mean that they will repair the save mechanism.

yuyutsu

Mar 31, 2019
You still haven't provided much info after your initial post of "Roxxy's route is bugged".
I guess I shouldn't have taken personally, got a bit worked up for no reason. Getting older made me less tolerant
I don't remember all the stuffs but 2 bugs in memory are:
roxxy - after the beach party somehow I got the quest to steal the exam paper again but I couldn't because paper was already stolen
Diane - After pregnancy, the build the barn quest again.

crankberry

Jan 11, 2021
Anyone know if I can change it from 12:9 to 16:9 on pc I tryed windowed, fullscreen, and both when trying 1080p had those black bars on the sides. Not a big issue just wondering if ya can fill the screen.

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
crankberry said:
Anyone know if I can change it from 12:9 to 16:9 on pc I tryed windowed, fullscreen, and both when trying 1080p had those black bars on the sides. Not a big issue just wondering if ya can fill the screen.
No. This game is 4:3 aspect ratio, which was the default/accepted ratio when this game was first developed. The tech update that has been in development for 18 months... you know what, read #12 in my FAQ posted on the previous page. I also recommend reading #1.

Last edited:

crankberry

Jan 11, 2021
Thanks I'll check it out. 4:3 has not been a thing for so long I had no clue this game has been in the works for that long! Last time I remember things being standard 4:3 was when crt was the norm for computers lol

Reactions: Count Morado

Ranma

Oct 25, 2017
Who is the Hijab-Girl in the last video streams DC made?
That's one of the new characters that DC has been working on for some time now.
She is the Hijab-wearing woman as you said, her name is Farah, she's a MILF around her late 30s to early 40s as far as I know, and will work at the Museum as a curator.
Hopefully we'll start seeing some content being made for her once the Museum is properly implemented.

Last edited:

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
View attachment 2083261
I feel like something is missing here
This is the dialog that triggers when Jenny delivered and is actually holding a baby. However, from the image she is still early pregnant. The only way to reproduce that as far as I see is via console command, e.g. typing:

"jump jenny_pregnancy_baby_menu"

Otherwise I would be very interested in your save...

Omnikuken

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 22, 2018
This is the dialog that triggers when Jenny delivered and is actually holding a baby. However, from the image she is still early pregnant. The only way to reproduce that as far as I see is via console command, e.g. typing:

"jump jenny_pregnancy_baby_menu"

Otherwise I would be very interested in your save...
Might be another case of duders going madlad mode with the phone hax (like getting Kevin preg and wondering why the game melted itself)

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
Might be another case of duders going madlad mode with the phone hax (like getting Kevin preg and wondering why the game melted itself)
Pregnancy stage is a number between 0 (not pregnant) and 6 (delivered, carrying baby). The image in the screenshot shows Jenny with a bump, being in pregnancy stage 2, but the dialog can only be reached in stage 6. She cannot have two stages at once, therefore the only way to get there is what I wrote. Or, if I am mistaken, I would like to see the save.

jonewy

Oct 16, 2017
That's one of the new characters that DC has been working on for some time now.
She is the Hijab-wearing woman as you said, her name is Farah, she's a MILF around her late 30s to early 40s as far as I know, and will work at the Museum as a curator.
Hopefully we'll start seeing some content being made for her once the Museum is properly implemented.
oh sweet is there a picture of her on the forum

Omnikuken

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 22, 2018
oh sweet is there a picture of her on the forum
Not really, there might be some in-work draft from months ago floatinig around, but the chances are slim. There's also the Native PC room teacher he made earlier this year, again just drafts hidden in pages of nothingness. You'd probably have more luck replaying the streams

caju

Oct 5, 2017
Pregnancy stage is a number between 0 (not pregnant) and 6 (delivered, carrying baby). The image in the screenshot shows Jenny with a bump, being in pregnancy stage 2, but the dialog can only be reached in stage 6. She cannot have two stages at once, therefore the only way to get there is what I wrote. Or, if I am mistaken, I would like to see the save.
I'll check for the save... but, do I also need to mention that SHE DOESNT HAVE A FACE?
I also dont use any mods, cheats, hacks, or any other alteration.

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
I'll check for the save... but, do I also need to mention that SHE DOESNT HAVE A FACE?
No. We all noticed that. Those are all done by layers (face, torso, arms, etc). One layer having issues can affect other layers. It all goes back to what srksrk 68 is curious about. That's why he wants to see your save.

Ping srksrk 68 see next post.

Last edited:

caju

Oct 5, 2017
No. We all noticed that. Those are all done by layers (face, torso, arms, etc). One layer having issues can affect other layers. It all goes back to what srksrk 68 is curious about. That's why he wants to see your save.
I cant seem to reproduce it but I did get it honestly without any add-ons.
This is the closest save I can find

4.10 star(s) 359 Votes