Sothyr

May 26, 2019
Hi, in the additional incest lines thread, someone posted an error (with the original incest patch)
1665471046039.png

I tried to find the error in the patch file, but I do not see what is wrong.

It is the following quote text line from
locations\home\entrance\hallway\shower\dialogues.txt

show text _ ("Once I got back home I headed upstairs to fix the bathroom sink.\nI replaced the joint with a new length of pipe and tightened it as much as I could.\nIt kind of felt weird having {b}[deb_name]{/b} and {b}[jen_name]{/b} watch me the whole time.\nLucky for me, the repairs went smoothly...") as caption

The incest patch 'translate' the line with:
old "Once I got back home I headed upstairs to fix the bathroom sink.\nI replaced the joint with a new length of pipe and tightened it as much as I could.\nIt kind of felt weird having {b}[deb_name]{/b} and {b}[jen_name]{/b} watch me the whole time.\nLucky for me, the repairs all went smoothly..."
new "Once I got back home I headed upstairs to fix the bathroom sink.\nI replaced the joint with a new length of pipe and tightened it as much as I could.\nIt kind of felt weird having {b}Mom{/b} and {b}[jen_name]{/b} watch me the whole time.\nLucky for me, the repairs all went smoothly..."
I cannot find an issue. Does any modder here have a solution for this?

PTdesu

Aug 4, 2017
The girls in the new update, oof...scraping the bottom of the barrel it feels like, he can definitely make better looking characters.
Someone correct me if i'm wrong but, those 3 girls were fan picked
I don't think DC had much liberty when drawing them, since they had specific features/people in mind

Reactions: WackedWu

Sasanid

Jan 1, 2019
Someone correct me if i'm wrong but, those 3 girls were fan picked
I don't think DC had much liberty when drawing them, since they had specific features/people in mind
That's one of my main gripe with DC, instead of going with what he has in mind, he started asking fans what they wanted, which is ridiculous in my opinion, do what you want and that's it, otherwise it's kinda 'forced', the pregnancy thing first of all, which makes no sense cause it doesn't do anything in the end by the MC having kids left and right and no one cares.

As for the next character, I know I don't mind Rhonda and Annie (if DC can beautify her a bit, would help though), and I'm indifferent to Judith, but unless his tech update helps him go faster, I guess we shouldn't see her before 2025 anyway.

Omnikuken

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 22, 2018
for full gameplay and video walkthrough click
Nice spam and wrong thread
Sex with the donuts woman when :unsure:
When Judith gets her route in 3+ years
That's one of my main gripe with DC, instead of going with what he has in mind, he started asking fans what they wanted, which is ridiculous in my opinion, do what you want and that's it, otherwise it's kinda 'forced', the pregnancy thing first of all, which makes no sense cause it doesn't do anything in the end by the MC having kids left and right and no one cares.

As for the next character, I know I don't mind Rhonda and Annie (if DC can beautify her a bit, would help though), and I'm indifferent to Judith, but unless his tech update helps him go faster, I guess we shouldn't see her before 2025 anyway.
Lol, pregnancy was 1 of the founding themes of the game back in 2016 ....

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
Hi, in the additional incest lines thread, someone posted an error (with the original incest patch)
View attachment 2094668

I tried to find the error in the patch file, but I do not see what is wrong.

It is the following quote text line from
locations\home\entrance\hallway\shower\dialogues.txt

The incest patch 'translate' the line with:

I cannot find an issue. Does any modder here have a solution for this?
First, incest patch itself is a (technical) translation, therefore it does and will not work with custom translations. The error you post is missing the interesting part, I guess scrolling the screen to the right will reveal that the translation is already present, i.e. duplicate.

Easiest fix will be to either not use translation or incest patch.

Sothyr

May 26, 2019
First, incest patch itself is a (technical) translation, therefore it does and will not work with custom translations. The error you post is missing the interesting part, I guess scrolling the screen to the right will reveal that the translation is already present, i.e. duplicate.

Easiest fix will be to either not use translation or incest patch.
I do not know if the user who posted this error picture used another tranlation patch. If yes, the next old/new changes will also very likely create this error.

I guess I need to play the game again, to improve the additional lines patch and check if the error still exist when I play it. I play usually with your mod, but only translation I use is the incest patch. But I will wait for the tech update.

Thanks for the answer.

Stil996

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 11, 2018
...the pregnancy thing first of all, which makes no sense cause it doesn't do anything in the end by the MC having kids left and right and no one cares....
Lol, pregnancy was 1 of the founding themes of the game back in 2016 ....
He's got a point though, I wish we could use these kids, hire various girls as baby sitters to fuck, take them to the hospitals to blag some sexy nurses/doctors, take them to the park to get an in with whatever moms/nannies hang out there... sooo many possiblities... fingers crossed we atleast get to bang the nursery woman, I forget her name... but hopefully she's not the only one.

Honestly if you can't use your kids to get sex then why have them???

Last edited:

itsyeboii

Aug 23, 2017

Pregnancy was something planned from the beginning though? Anyways, I share the same gripe with you, having patrons poll for content is annoying enough. But having the highest pay piggies commission a whole character is retarded as fuck. We get hideous and bland celebrity lookalikes to appease to some random weirdo with too much money.

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
But having the highest pay piggies commission a whole character is retarded as fuck. We get hideous and bland celebrity lookalikes to appease to some random weirdo with too much money.
To be fair, these there weren't comissions, but simply raffles on discord and in this case it really didn't matter. You could have replaced any of them with any other female character and nothing significant would have changed. They are tertiary characters, whose sole purpose it was to add some more female characters to the warehouse and to not leave it "almost empty" after the mob has been defeated. The only other characters which have been raffled that way were actually Justin and Karl.

Everybody else has either been chosen by DC/his team or has been given away "for free" to those who were lucky or just very active on DC's streams.

Reactions: Count Morado

Dorat1

Dec 31, 2017
Why does Mrs Johnson become a super stereotypical conservative Jewish mother for a part of the main story? It all seems pretty at odds with everything we've seen of her otherwise no? This is the same woman who is cool with sex toys and a threesome with her neighbour and 'tenant'. Also she uses so many yiddish terms and referencs in this one instance compared to the literally zero total from otherwise on the game. I've only just started part 2 of the main story (met the mayor's daughter) so I don't know how long this lasts or anything to be fair. As a dude from a kinda jewish family even I thought it was a bit much no?

Erik is even weirder than usual. he was always pretty pathetic in a kind hearted sorta way but he seems way more exaggerated now no?

Reactions: maul467

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
Why does Mrs Johnson become a super stereotypical conservative Jewish mother for a part of the main story? It all seems pretty at odds with everything we've seen of her otherwise no? This is the same woman who is cool with sex toys and a threesome with her neighbour and 'tenant'. Also she uses so many yiddish terms and referencs in this one instance compared to the literally zero total from otherwise on the game. I've only just started part 2 of the main story (met the mayor's daughter) so I don't know how long this lasts or anything to be fair. As a dude from a kinda jewish family even I thought it was a bit much no?

Erik is even weirder than usual. he was always pretty pathetic in a kind hearted sorta way but he seems way more exaggerated now no?
Erik's "own" story was written by DC himself ages ago and will be reworked some time in the future. The main story stuff is probably what Erik and Mrs. Johnson are supposed to become throughout the game once all of these reworks are done.

Edit: Is it ad bit much? Yes, but so are quite a few other characters if you look at it objectively. We'll have to wait how it plays out in the end.

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
He's got a point though, I wish we could use these kids, hire various girls as baby sitters to fuck, take them to the hospitals to blag some sexy nurses/doctors, take them to the park to get an in with whatever moms/nannies hang out there... sooo many possiblities... fingers crossed we atleast get to bang the nursery woman, I forget her name... but hopefully she's not the only one.

Honestly if you can't use your kids to get sex then why have them???
Erm... what? I hope this will get deleted soon.

4.10 star(s) 359 Votes