Omnikuken

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 22, 2018
The order was already decided prior to the dev instituting polls, then the order became whatever the poll results were. When you see a dev institute polls, after already giving a progression order, they are just playing to mob rule.
Earliest poll on wiki was in Jan 2017, ~5 months after the Patreon launched. He didn't decide much

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
The order was already decided prior to the dev instituting polls, then the order became whatever the poll results were. When you see a dev institute polls, after already giving a progression order, they are just playing to mob rule.
Ultimately DC has always been the one who decided what's being polled by limiting the options and if he doesn't like the results (like in case of the tech update) he just polls them again until his patrons vote the way he wants.

Sure, things probably would have been different here and there, but I really doubt the overall development would have change significantly, especially given how often they changed their ways. Going from smaller to larger updates, deciding to recode the game, to add the rig system, etc. would have killed any schedule anyway.

Grollschwert

Oct 2, 2018
You should ask the mod creators in their respective threads where you got them. As far as has been shared in this thread to date - it's not happening. You will have to play the vanilla APK, only.

That said, it would seem to me if someone knows how to pack and repack APKs that they could do this. There is an android request thread on F95 as well that you could try.

EDIT: Also, don't run more than one mod at a time... unless your intent is to brick your gaming experience.

Yeah, I tried with the thread, hopefully a kind soul will assist ^^

Edit: By the way - know when Judith will get some more love? Sorry if this gets asked a lot, but she feels abandoned haha.

Ranma

Oct 25, 2017
What does 'pre-tech' mean?
Dictionary
Definitions from Oxford Languages

pre-
/priː,pri/

prefix
prefix: pre-

1. before (in time, place, order, degree, or importance).
    "pre-adolescent"

Origin
from Latin prae- .

pre
/ˈpriː/

preposition
preposition: pre

1. previous to; before.
    "the tree was almost certainly planted pre 1700"​

Origin
English, 1960s: independent usage of pre-.

tech
/tɛk/

noun
informal
noun: tech; noun: tec; plural noun: techs; plural noun: tecs

1. 1.
    technology.
    • a technician.
    • Basketball
      a technical foul.
  2. 2.
    an educational institution specializing in technology or applied sciences; a technical college.

adjective
adjective: tech
  1. technical.
    "I was in tech school then"

Origin
English, late 19th century (originally US, in tech (sense 2 of the noun)): abbreviation.

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
You should ask the mod creators in their respective threads where you got them. As far as has been shared in this thread to date - it's not happening. You will have to play the vanilla APK, only.

That said, it would seem to me if someone knows how to pack and repack APKs that they could do this. There is an android request thread on F95 as well that you could try.

EDIT: Also, don't run more than one mod at a time... unless your intent is to brick your gaming experience.
Erm... why should any mod creator be responsible to solve this problem? He is building a new APK from multiple intransparent sources, without even mentioning the exact error he gets. Does his configuration work with the vanilla APK and all mods installed, or does it even not work that way, too? Does it work with one mod alone (the only configuration I would be willing to support)?
Yeah, I tried with the thread, hopefully a kind soul will assist ^^
And what do you mean by that? You have five posts in this forum, none of them in any mod's thread.

AleXiC94

Dec 3, 2018
Can someone explain what exactly this "tech update" do, the game doesnt look bad by itself so far. Is it to give the game more functionality or something? Feels like its been dragging the game progress for far too long.

Odin Eye Patch

Aug 9, 2018
from what i understand its to upgrade the game engine and update the character models not sure if it adds any story content

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
all this time for 1920x1080??? wow
That's going to be the part people are actually going to see and it was a pretty popular demand. Next to that they seem to be reworking basically everything that's actually below the surface, which hopefully will help to fix a few issues going forward.

By now it's hard to tell what else we may or may not get. There'll certainly be a good number of new locations and characters, we may get the new phone UI or at least parts of it, given that DC seems to have finished all the assets and I'd say we'll get least one more scene, too. But nobody, but DC and his team, will really know, what's going to be added now and what's to come later.

itsyeboii

Aug 23, 2017
all this time for 1920x1080??? wow
4:3 to 16:9 which is very good. Apparently they're recoding the game too so it's easier for them to work with and the game will be less likely to bug out/crash. And DC will add some locations and shit in the tech-update too. So it's not just a higher resolution but it still takes wayyy too long for what the update really is.

Reactions: crankberry

Odin Eye Patch

Aug 9, 2018
i would hope all previous quests would be updated and the art redone to match the better art style but i don't know if im asking too much

Omnikuken

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 22, 2018
i would hope all previous quests would be updated and the art redone to match the better art style but i don't know if im asking too much
Lolnope, at least not intentionally. All the improved art will happen in new routes/remakes. Even if it takes 10 updates and 20 years

"Quests updated" to what ? The game won't change, just the code underneath to help it not crash and burn if you do 3 routes at once (and many other things) and provide a better foundation for future updates (imagine trying the dating stuff but everything bugs down cause you're talking to 2 girls mid-routes and the game expects you to choose 1 you never saw entirely)

4.10 star(s) 359 Votes