HentaiGamerN00b

Sep 6, 2020
It's you. I am on Win10 with SS v0.20.16 and I can minimize, resize by dragging an edge, and maximize to full window. Which video renderer are you using (hold SHIFT on start up, or press SHIFT+G when SS is open):
  • Angle/DirectX allows resize
  • OpenGL allows resize
  • Force Software does not allow resize
View attachment 2167823
If it doesn't bother you... Can you please explain to me in a simple way for what are the other options? The Renderer and Gamepad i have a notion of what they could be for but no clue what the other are for...

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
If it doesn't bother you... Can you please explain to me in a simple way for what are the other options? The Renderer and Gamepad i have a notion of what they could be for but no clue what the other are for...
Honestly, if a person doesn't know what they are doing - they shouldn't be messing with it. Everything below I found googling Ren'Py to make sure I described properly.
  • NPOT = Non Power of Two textures. Supposedly leaving it enabled can reduce memory usage. It's about requiring assets to have dimensions based upon the power of two or not (2, 4, 8, 16, 32, 64, 128, etc)
  • Powersave = If Enabled (and preferences.gl_powersave is True) Ren'Py will only draw an unchanging screen (static screen) 5 times a second. If Disabled (or preferences.gl_powersave is False), it will always draw at the full framerate possible. If preferences.gl_powersave is auto, will full framerate in powered device, 5 times a second on battery.
  • Framerate = Game framerate: 60 frames/second 30 frames/second or screen Hz.
  • Tearing = How the game handles graphics if it can't keep up with the framerate (screen tearing or skipping frames)

Reactions: HentaiGamerN00b

Aidenmark04

Jan 15, 2022
Does anyone knows how to get the second scene for Kim (yoyo)? I check the cookie jar there are two scenes with her but i am stuck with only the choking scene. MC seems to cant bother her when she has dinner on evening as well.

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
Does anyone knows how to get the second scene for Kim (yoyo)? I check the cookie jar there are two scenes with her but i am stuck with only the choking scene. MC seems to cant bother her when she has dinner on evening as well.
It's the same scene, just going there a second (or further) time - differences in dialogue.

kaczy091

May 27, 2018
Do you know what Pre-tech will change? graphics or something else. I'm wondering whether to play now or wait for Pre-tech? What do you think ? :)

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
Do you know what Pre-tech will change? graphics or something else. I'm wondering whether to play now or wait for Pre-tech? What do you think ? :)
There have been 6 pre-tech releases, already. You want to know what the Tech Update will change (and because of the time it's taken to create the Tech Update, why there have been 6 pre-tech releases). A simple search of the thread will bring up hundreds (over 1000?) posts asking about the Tech Update and answers to those questions. Even just reading the previous page of this thread will bring up my FAQ which I have posted 65 times since February which addresses your question -- #9 and #10 in my FAQ at #68,020 will be helpful for you.

As for the decision to wait or start now - toss a coin. You've had an account here for over 4 years and this is the first time you are considering to start on one of the granddaddy of adult independent games in the last decade. It doesn't matter if you start now or wait. There isn't content that will disappear in the Tech Update and there isn't expected to be new content in the Tech Update. The next expected content is R(h)onda's storyline continuation after the Tech Update.

TheVegnar

Jul 4, 2021
400 Pretech updates from now. We will get the Tech Update, then 200 Post-tech updates, then a new kind of update ^_^

mammoth123

Sep 28, 2021
400 Pretech updates from now. We will get the Tech Update, then 200 Post-tech updates, then a new kind of update ^_^
They have a 70k/month business here, do you think they want to finish the game as soon as possible?

I dont care if this game is infinite, they can keep adding content endlessly but they have to make good pace and invest in developers/artist on the game, not 7/14 animations per years. But they choose this way. I hope the patreon system ends someday and ther VNs release complete and a good quality, but thats an utopia xD

Omnikuken

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 22, 2018
They have a 70k/month business here, do you think they want to finish the game as soon as possible?

I dont care if this game is infinite, they can keep adding content endlessly but they have to make good pace and invest in developers/artist on the game, not 7/14 animations per years. But they choose this way. I hope the patreon system ends someday and ther VNs release complete and a good quality, but thats an utopia xD
It didn't end when they nuked wincest and other "extreme" junk. It won't end anytime soon (unless they go ballsdeep into failmode) ...... Also, $/month is off-topic, enjoy the nuke

ARR90

Mar 12, 2020
I don't know if is the correct thread about this, but when I click in the cookie jar button in the main menu, I see this error below:

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While loading <'Image' u'cookie_jar/cookie_jar_45.png'>:
File "game/scripts/script.rpy", line 41, in script
call screen main_menu()
File "renpy/common/000statements.rpy", line 531, in execute_call_screen
store._return = renpy.call_screen(name, *args, **kwargs)
IOError: Couldn't find file 'cookie_jar/cookie_jar_45.png'.

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
SummertimeSaga 0.20.14

I'm have only the Naughty Tribute Mod installed, that is the same version of the game.

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
I don't know if is the correct thread about this, but when I click in the cookie jar button in the main menu, I see this error below:

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While loading <'Image' u'cookie_jar/cookie_jar_45.png'>:
File "game/scripts/script.rpy", line 41, in script
call screen main_menu()
File "renpy/common/000statements.rpy", line 531, in execute_call_screen
store._return = renpy.call_screen(name, *args, **kwargs)
IOError: Couldn't find file 'cookie_jar/cookie_jar_45.png'.

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
SummertimeSaga 0.20.14

I'm have only the Naughty Tribute Mod installed, that is the same version of the game.
1) Uninstall the naughty tribute mod and see if the same problem occurs.
2) if it doesn't occur, go report in the Naughty Tribute Mod thread.
3) if it does occur - you may need to delete your current installation, unzip a new installation and try again. Your saves will remain.

Reactions: ARR90
4.10 star(s) 359 Votes