Bestinian

Nov 3, 2021
Nope to everything. There hasn't been an update and it's not forgotten. People don't vote for her and DC won't do a route without polling it, since there's already 3 in the pipeline after the tech build that'll take 2-3 years. Then she needs to win said poll, which won't happen soon (both the poll and her winning it)
It's like you do a bad route and wonder why people don't vote for her.

Reactions: Count_Chocula

itsyeboii

Aug 23, 2017
It's almost as if the polls are in the hands of a minority that pays enough to vote and doesn't necessarily reflect public demand :O

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
It's almost as if the polls are in the hands of a minority that pays enough to vote and doesn't necessarily reflect public demand :O
The "public demand" of people who are on F95 are not necessarily the majority, either. There are more people who donate to DC each month than who post in any of the Summertime Saga threads on F95. And unless you're on every SS thread on all the other sites, I doubt you're able to make that comparison logically.

Along with that, without a valid poll of opinions, just from observations of people who talk about their favorites in this thread, Debbie and Mia aren't even the favorites of the majority on F95. Sure, there are calls and requests - and they may make up a vocal significant minority - but there are many calls for many others, as well.

And as for your dig at only taking preferences from those who donate: why would anyone poll those who don't contribute a dime - they aren't helping to pay the bills? (that's a rhetorical question, btw)

Again, I don't think DC does things as properly as he should or with good project management skills and sometimes he gets over his head on things - but fallacious arguments don't advance shit except for shit's sake.

itsyeboii

Aug 23, 2017
The "public demand" of people who are on F95 are not necessarily the majority, either. There are more people who donate to DC each month than who post in any of the Summertime Saga threads on F95. And unless you're on every SS thread on all the other sites, I doubt you're able to make that comparison logically.

Along with that, without a valid poll of opinions, just from observations of people who talk about their favorites in this thread, Debbie and Mia aren't even the favorites of the majority on F95. Sure, there are calls and requests - and they may make up a vocal significant minority - but there are many calls for many others, as well.

And as for your dig at only taking preferences from those who donate: why would anyone poll those who don't contribute a dime - they aren't helping to pay the bills? (that's a rhetorical question, btw)

Again, I don't think DC does things as properly as he should or with good project management skills and sometimes he gets over his head on things - but fallacious arguments don't advance shit except for shit's sake.
I never argued that Debbie or any character is public demand, because I can't know. I just said how it is, Patreon polls aren't even close to democratic. Not saying they should be, but people often use polls as an argument while it's a more useless statistic than a F95zone poll.

There's nothing wrong with votes only being handed out to people who contribute to the project, I don't know how my post implied anything else. Yet why do votes only get handed out to people who pay beyond a certain threshold? The reason for polls in the first place is to gauge what your supporters want, and putting that behind a paywall doesn't make much sense to me other than incentivizing people to up their monthly payment.

Personally I would at least give 1 vote to everyone who contributes period. And since DC totally doesn't care about money, why doesn't he do the same?

It's not that big of a deal, these polls are kind of redundant since all the content is planned to eventually be added and as always; DC can do what he wants and he isn't the devil for trying to make a living. But since you assumed a lot from my short post here we are lol

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
There's nothing wrong with votes only being handed out to people who contribute to the project, I don't know how my post implied anything else. Yet why do votes only get handed out to people who pay beyond a certain threshold? The reason for polls in the first place is to gauge what your supporters want, and putting that behind a paywall doesn't make much sense to me other than incentivizing people to up their monthly payment.

Personally I would at least give 1 vote to everyone who contributes period. And since DC totally doesn't care about money, why doesn't he do the same?
Ultimately the polls don't really matter that much, as it's always DC who decides who is going to included and a such Patrons don't really decide the final content of the game by voting. If that was the case, I'd agree about giving votes to everybody.

I think it's fair to say that there are some people who like to give some more money and it's probably also fair for them to get a little bit more in return. The $1 tier is already really, really good compared to most other games and as such including polls would likely be overkill. I think there's a difference between "totally not caring for money" and "not monetizing the game as much as one could" or worse "being greedy". Of course there's some incentive for people to spent some money, but difference is that they don't have to do so to enjoy the game. Given how very few important polls there are, it would probably even be cheaper for those who care to just pay $5 for each poll and to not be a patron the rest of the time...

As long as we agree that DC is going to finish all of the important main characters, the polls are basically just a small luxury and not really essential.

At least I stopped caring about them quite some time ago, given that DC just ignores or repolls some of them anyway.

itsyeboii

Aug 23, 2017
Ultimately the polls don't really matter that much, as it's always DC who decides who is going to included and a such Patrons don't really decide the final content of the game by voting. If that was the case, I'd agree about giving votes to everybody.

I think it's fair to say that there are some people who like to give some more money and it's probably also fair for them to get a little bit more in return. The $1 tier is already really, really good compared to most other games and as such including polls would likely be overkill. I think there's a difference between "totally not caring for money" and "not monetizing the game as much as one could" or worse "being greedy". Of course there's some incentive for people to spent some money, but difference is that they don't have to do so to enjoy the game. Given how very few important polls there are, it would probably even be cheaper for those who care to just pay $5 for each poll and to not be a patron the rest of the time...

As long as we agree that DC is going to finish all of the important main characters, the polls are basically just a small luxury and not really essential.

At least I stopped caring about them quite some time ago, given that DC just ignores or repolls some of them anyway.
Yeah that's why I said that it's not a big deal.

Omnikuken

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 22, 2018
I do not remember this 3some scene... at all
It's been retconned into batch 4-ish, where you could get it by playing with the "start with new content" and go do Maria's route by allowing Tony to stay

You can still go get it by startting a new game or doing the route again and letting Tony stay around

pr83

May 5, 2017
It's been retconned into batch 4-ish, where you could get it by playing with the "start with new content" and go do Maria's route by allowing Tony to stay

You can still go get it by startting a new game or doing the route again and letting Tony stay around
This specific scene becomes available when you fuck her after having a baby and if you allowed Tony to stay the first time

mimoxd

Jun 20, 2017
HI! good morning everyone
I know this must be a stupid question. but does anyone know or already managed to enable the return text button?
why there is no option to activate even in debug mod

Aug 5, 2022
techupdate.PNG
remember when he first brought this up? he gave 2 options .. the tech update or some characters (judith i think?) update .. he openly said before the poll even started that the tech update could take up to a year.. and well.. ppl thought fuck yes... a year isn't so long ..so tech update won by a landslide (did it or did he just tell us it did?) and hence tech update.. "about a year" ... the results of the polls and the initial message about the poll have been put behind a pay wall.. yet here we are .. creeping on 2 years later.. with nothing but drip fed "content" and no actual update ... this is icstor levels of scams, without the excuses.... also screen shotting this before mods delete it due to "trolling" ..no trolling here.. just the truth..

4.10 star(s) 359 Votes