Omnikuken

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 22, 2018
View attachment 2188320
remember when he first brought this up? he gave 2 options .. the tech update or some characters (judith i think?) update .. he openly said before the poll even started that the tech update could take up to a year.. and well.. ppl thought fuck yes... a year isn't so long ..so tech update won by a landslide (did it or did he just tell us it did?) and hence tech update.. "about a year" ... the results of the polls and the initial message about the poll have been put behind a pay wall.. yet here we are .. creeping on 2 years later.. with nothing but drip fed "content" and no actual update ... this is icstor levels of scams, without the excuses.... also screen shotting this before mods delete it due to "trolling" ..no trolling here.. just the truth..
Lol, guess the 6 batches worth over 30 scenes don't exist for you then and we apparently didn't get anything for those ~2 years.

DC streams ~daily and releases stuff every 3-4 months. ICstor didn't finish any of his ~4 games and dies every few months without releasing anything for years. Same thing 100%. And yes, enjoy the nuke. Your "truth" obviously is too much for the mods to live with

McSlut

Aug 12, 2018
the tracker hasn't moved 1% in almost a month. once that happens we will still have 20% to go and that doesn't even include the bug fixing phase. so the tech update might still be a year or even years away yet the last pre tech update was supposed to be the last one so what is DC going to do? i'm sure we'll get another odette scene with her being dressed as santa on christmas or something but what happens after? with no more pre tech updates coming and the next halloween being still a year away, could this mean we might get an easter update with odette being cosplaying as a bunny or are DC patreons fine with getting nothing for a year?

KillerBee487

Sep 18, 2022
the tracker hasn't moved 1% in almost a month. once that happens we will still have 20% to go and that doesn't even include the bug fixing phase. so the tech update might still be a year or even years away yet the last pre tech update was supposed to be the last one so what is DC going to do? i'm sure we'll get another odette scene with her being dressed as santa on christmas or something but what happens after? with no more pre tech updates coming and the next halloween being still a year away, could this mean we might get an easter update with odette being cosplaying as a bunny or are DC patreons fine with getting nothing for a year?
Well... i'm waiting for that odette scene. I will be really ingratiated if my eyes see Odette in Santa's wearing hehe:BootyTime:

Omnikuken

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 22, 2018
By that pro logic, DC didn't do anything for most of the year since the art line has been around 98% since ~Feb

lilloller01

Nov 6, 2018
Because he is not doing anything. I don't care if this post can be considered trolling or not. A game like does not require this huge amount of time for making an update even if we are talking about this type of update ("tech").
I don't need to explain why he is getting this amount of time to make some progress.
Pre-tech updates and trash like this are just a crumb to get patreons high. That's all.

McSlut

Aug 12, 2018
I'm one guy and it took me almost 4 months for my latest update on one of my projects. During that time I did a lot of tech stuff, it absolutely takes that long. I also ended up adding about 7-8 hours of gameplay to the game as well during that time.

I'm not really trying to defend DC here (I don't think he needs it, frankly) - but it's really not as cut and dry as you might think. My project isn't anywhere near as large as SS, and once again I am just one person - so just food for thought.
you said it yourself, you're just one guy and DC and his team are not. i also don't think you make 70k a month so you don't have the resources to hire one or multiple people to work on the code full time. DC has the resources but doesn't use them. you also didn't tell anyone your tech update would take 3 months to a year and even 2 years later there is not land in sight. your situation is hardly comparable with this one. it's pretty telling that DC won't give an estimate on when the tech update will be out, i think if he was being honest people would get even more pissed.

Aug 5, 2022
you said it yourself, you're just one guy and DC and his team are not. i also don't think you make 70k a month so you don't have the resources to hire one or multiple people to work on the code full time. DC has the resources but doesn't use them. you also didn't tell anyone your tech update would take 3 months to a year and even 2 years later there is not land in sight. your situation is hardly comparable with this one. it's pretty telling that DC won't give an estimate on when the tech update will be out, i think if he was being honest people would get even more pissed.
I agree!! .. got warned for a non toxic post pretty much the same as this . post was removed for whatever reason...... ppl here do not like the truth ..

• Red Heart
Reactions: Oberoth

Not_1_Fan

Jun 27, 2021
Hi,

Can anyone tell me if there any new scenes with Debbie, last i played MC and Debbie were having fun in house and inside car in garage.

I have not played this game for a while now, that is why i am asking

Omnikuken

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 22, 2018
It'll be 2 years at the end of March ......
Hi,

Can anyone tell me if there any new scenes with Debbie, last i played MC and Debbie were having fun in house and inside car in garage.

I have not played this game for a while now, that is why i am asking
The FAQ is love, the FAQ is life

• Red Heart
Reactions: Count Morado

Omnikuken

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 22, 2018
I've given 10 estimates on when the game would be out in the past 4 months. All of them were wrong, those waiting have been gracious enough to be patient but It's still at 99% (after 3 weeks) and still not done. I anticipate being done soon, but the reality is things take as long as they do.

I'm not really trying to play devil's advocate here, just sharing reality of what goes on behind the scenes. I might be a single person, but his project is also 8 years (and a ton more content ) larger than my own.

Even with a group, it's really not inconceivable that this update would take 2 years to develop. Professional games do that (and longer) often. For context, the last time I played SS it took me about 3-4 RL days (nonstop) to play and about 120 something hours.

Comparatively speaking, RPG games only offer that kind of replay value and only through new game plus. We're talking all fresh content. Have you considered that DC really did give you an estimate that he thought was feasible at the outset (aka 1 year?). Maybe he just didn't realize it would take twice as long - but in the end, would that really appease you? It seems nothing short of the game will at this point.
You missed his 4+ replies that got nuked for being batshit crazy drivel. This dude lost a few bolts. Better to just ignore his ramblings and move on

lilloller01

Nov 6, 2018
I'm one guy and it took me almost 4 months for my latest update on one of my projects. During that time I did a lot of tech stuff, it absolutely takes that long. I also ended up adding about 7-8 hours of gameplay to the game as well during that time.

I'm not really trying to defend DC here (I don't think he needs it, frankly) - but it's really not as cut and dry as you might think. My project isn't anywhere near as large as SS, and once again I am just one person - so just food for thought.
Dude, I'm not randomly talking. I know what I'm saying. I believe in what you say, but you are not getting 100000 per month.
The time DC is getting is absurd.

If people want this update, they should delete their patreon and magically the update will be released.

Omnikuken

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 22, 2018
I checked the Patreon page, there's less than 10 members to the team, and each has one job in relation to the project.

That is relevant because even professional studios usually have multiple people working on any one aspect of development. F ex: 3 people doing art, 3 writing and so on.

I get your points, but I still think the amount of work is probably significant enough to warrant this development period - especially if this is the "last run" to produce a finalized product that can then be sold on something like Steam (which is what I imagine would probably happen).

I'm basing this on how long it's taken to get to this point (about 12 years).Taken from that perspective 1 yr and some months is actually pretty reasonable when working towards the project's completion.
There's 3 dudes on posing, even if the site(s) say only 1.
What "12 years to get there" ? Patreon wasn't around in 2010
"Last run" isn't gonna happen until all the routes are done and the gams is mostly finished. About 8+ updates still (on top of the tech build and the 3 planned) and about ~5 years. Highly doubt it'll be sold on Steam, ever

zerosonic2019

Mar 21, 2019
So, I haven't play ST in like.. 3 years? I kinda want to go back to it but I'm not sure if it's worth it. How much content is there compared to that far away? also, can you skip the grinding? i remember the game was already too long back then, and I don't want to do all the grind all over again, just go throught story and scenes without major issues

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
So, I haven't play ST in like.. 3 years? I kinda want to go back to it but I'm not sure if it's worth it. How much content is there compared to that far away? also, can you skip the grinding? i remember the game was already too long back then, and I don't want to do all the grind all over again, just go throught story and scenes without major issues
There's a cheatmode implemented, so you won't have to play anything but story content. Depending on what you've played last, the game got its main story and a lot of new scenes since during these last years. Having said that, I'd wait until the tech update drops given that there'll be quite a bit of new art, etc.
Is it just me or has this game become endless?
Well, it got one of its two endings/objectives done and DC is now working towards the second. Yes, it takes time, but it's not like there's no goal.

4.10 star(s) 359 Votes