Omnikuken

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 22, 2018
So, I haven't play ST in like.. 3 years? I kinda want to go back to it but I'm not sure if it's worth it. How much content is there compared to that far away? also, can you skip the grinding? i remember the game was already too long back then, and I don't want to do all the grind all over again, just go throught story and scenes without major issues
There's a cheatmode implemented, so you won't have to play anything but story content. Depending on what you've played last, the game got its main story and a lot of new scenes since during these last years. Having said that, I'd wait until the tech update drops given that there'll be quite a bit of new art, etc.

Well, it got one of its two endings/objectives done and DC is now working towards the second. Yes, it takes time, but it's not like there's no goal.
Cheat mode was added in like 2017. You never had to play the grindy "normal mode". People that come to moan they have to do the stats mini-games or farm $ do so willingly

lilloller01

Nov 6, 2018
I checked the Patreon page, there's less than 10 members to the team, and each has one job in relation to the project.

That is relevant because even professional studios usually have multiple people working on any one aspect of development. F ex: 3 people doing art, 3 writing and so on.

I get your points, but I still think the amount of work is probably significant enough to warrant this development period - especially if this is the "last run" to produce a finalized product that can then be sold on something like Steam (which is what I imagine would probably happen).

I'm basing this on how long it's taken to get to this point (about 8 years).Taken from that perspective 1 yr and some months is actually pretty reasonable when working towards the project's completion.
there is nothing in a game like this. We are not talking about a free-movement game with physics interactions, graphics components, and other complex developing lines. This is a sort of repeated image story with dialogues. I mean, seriously we are talking about the number of devs? More than a year of copying/pasting old images in different resolutions and dialogues lol. Ok, It's not my money that has been dumped, but defending this time-spam is... funny.

Reactions: KillerBee487

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
there is nothing in a game like this. We are not talking about a free-movement game with physics interactions, graphics components, and other complex developing lines. This is a sort of repeated image story with dialogues. I mean, seriously we are talking about the number of devs? More than a year of copying/pasting old images in different resolutions and dialogues lol. Ok, It's not my money that has been dumped, but defending this time-spam is... funny.
You, a person who has not clue how to develop any games or virtual novels are debating the particulars of game development with a person who is a developer of a game. That is... funny.

Also, attacking a game that a developer makes available to everyone for free is... funny.

1669430330855.png

srksrk 68

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Sep 17, 2018
So, I haven't play ST in like.. 3 years? I kinda want to go back to it but I'm not sure if it's worth it. How much content is there compared to that far away? also, can you skip the grinding? i remember the game was already too long back then, and I don't want to do all the grind all over again, just go throught story and scenes without major issues
Apart from cheat mode, you could also use my mod which lets you skip any minigame.

Omnikuken

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 22, 2018
The character I want to see more of is Annie. She's a bitchy character that needs to get laid.
Annie will probably soften up to MC once we get to the Bible Black stuff under the school. Or she'll tag team with Smith and buttpeg MC till he dies
Judith is very shy. Too bad there's not a lot for her in terms of sex.
What do you think the Judith update people voted for will include ?

gnub33

Jul 1, 2021
Judging by what happens during the other routes, they might split up before MC starts the dickings
Do you think the dad would leave her or vis-a-verse. I couldn't imagine the mom finding the courage to tell that a-hole to get lost. I can't tell if he's a closet homosexual or just a work a-holic.
I think DC would need to do something drastic in order to make that plot line different from Mia's. Instead of cuckolding the daughter, just have everyone join. Oh wait, that's incest...damn.

Omnikuken

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 22, 2018
Do you think the dad would leave her or vis-a-verse. I couldn't imagine the mom finding the courage to tell that a-hole to get lost. I can't tell if he's a closet homosexual or just a work a-holic.
I think DC would need to do something drastic in order to make that plot line different from Mia's. Instead of cuckolding the daughter, just have everyone join. Oh wait, that's incest...damn.
Notdad will probably run away. Lucy won't go into ragemode (probably). Mia's route is gonna get 360'd into something else when she wins her remake poll, Erik's too. So Annie's will be the new "notmom and notdad went separate ways", while Mia's will have to wait 4-5 years to get redone.

gnub33

Jul 1, 2021
Notdad will probably run away. Lucy won't go into ragemode (probably). Mia's route is gonna get 360'd into something else when she wins her remake poll, Erik's too. So Annie's will be the new "notmom and notdad went separate ways", while Mia's will have to wait 4-5 years to get redone.
Wow thanks. Why is Mia getting retconned though? Did people hate her route?

gnub33

Jul 1, 2021
She's in a bad spot, because she was the first school girl to win her poll, back when everyone was supposed to get 2 to 3 small updates instead of one large. As such she's got one small update worth of content, but it's not very good compared to Roxxy or Eve.
I thought they Roxy and Eve suppose to be like your 'main' choices and everybody else just side pieces. DC did a great job building them up and slowly escalating the sexual acts performed. But I guess there's no stopping DC from developing everyone story to a similar length.

Now that I think about it, you don't spend a lot of time with Mia on 'Mia's' route. It had more to do with her mother and she kind of just lets you 'put it in' at the end. I'm not too sure of their history as neighbors but she seems to be more sexually curious than interested in the protag.

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
I thought they Roxy and Eve suppose to be like your 'main' choices and everybody else just side pieces. DC did a great job building them up and slowly escalating the sexual acts performed. But I guess there's no stopping DC from developing everyone story to a similar length.
No, the school girls are supposed to be equal, so we can expect the coming updates for Ronda, Annie and Judith to be in the catergory as Roxxy and Eve. Mia is supposed to get a rework at some point, to get her story up to the same level, too.

Now that I think about it, you don't spend a lot of time with Mia on 'Mia's' route. It had more to do with her mother and she kind of just lets you 'put it in' at the end. I'm not too sure of their history as neighbors but she seems to be more sexually curious than interested in the protag.
As said, she was supposed to get a second additional update after her first, which would have elaborated her part of her story. Shortly after that DC/his patrons decided that longer updates with full stories instead are preferable to smaller ones.

Reactions: gnub33

gnub33

Jul 1, 2021
No, the school girls are supposed to be equal, so we can expect the coming updates for Ronda, Annie and Judith to be in the catergory as Roxxy and Eve. Mia is supposed to get a rework at some point, to get her story up to the same level, too.
I appreciate the info. I can understand better why there are so many people loosing their patience. Several characters are promised to get an amount of content on par with Roxxy and Eve. Personally I'd prefer to check in every 5-6 months and tune out the rest of the year instead of essentially asking "are we there yet?". The fact that DC streams so often gives me hope.

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
I appreciate the info. I can understand better why there are so many people loosing their patience. Several characters are promised to get an amount of content on par with Roxxy and Eve. Personally I'd prefer to check in every 5-6 months and tune out the rest of the year instead of essentially asking "are we there yet?". The fact that DC streams so often gives me hope.
The whole issue arises because the quality increased a lot. Back when DC started the game and introduced most of these characters, we had very simple, repeating quests for the most part (earn money -> buy item x -> hand it over -> repeat), very simple (two frame) animations, no pregnancies, hardly any cut scenes, "worse art" in general (see below a comparison between old and new Roxxy), etc.
Creating the art for the same amount of playtime takes way more time now than it did in the very beginning.

Then again, the new situation has been know for many years by now and I'd agree that DC really doesn't show any signs of quitting. People really have no choice but to stop giving money and accept it and I don't really understand, why some seem to invest a significant amount of time to be angry about it.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Omnikuken

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 22, 2018
I feel that.
Can't quote the dude you quoted since he got nuked, but : DC won't make scenes for girls without finished routes. So anything for the 3 planned upcoming girls and/or any1 that needs a remake will never get a bonus scene for the pre-techs. Almost 2 years later and people still dunno about that and get mad over nothing ......

Then you got the "but DC should work on something worthwhile" : bruh, he got most of R(h)onda's route done since ~Feb, he won't stream the lewds anyway. WTF do you want him to do instead ? Do 99% of Annie's now, and you'll still have to wait almost a year for it ? Or do you prefer him to do nothing for 8+ months, not stream, keep silent on Patreon and just wait for the coder to do his (part-time) job ?

Basic understanding of how the game is made should be both known and a requirement for whining about stuff

Insomnimaniac Games

Degenerate Handholder
Game Developer
May 25, 2017
Can't quote the dude you quoted since he got nuked, but : DC won't make scenes for girls without finished routes. So anything for the 3 planned upcoming girls and/or any1 that needs a remake will never get a bonus scene for the pre-techs. Almost 2 years later and people still dunno about that and get mad over nothing ......

Then you got the "but DC should work on something worthwhile" : bruh, he got most of R(h)onda's route done since ~Feb, he won't stream the lewds anyway. WTF do you want him to do instead ? Do 99% of Annie's now, and you'll still have to wait almost a year for it ? Or do you prefer him to do nothing for 8+ months, not stream, keep silent on Patreon and just wait for the coder to do his (part-time) job ?

Basic understanding of how the game is made should be both known and a requirement for whining about stuff
Also fair to point out DC always has the art done WAY before the other members of the team are even close to finishing their parts. Who knows how many scenes he's already done.

affen123

Oct 6, 2017
Also fair to point out DC always has the art done WAY before the other members of the team are even close to finishing their parts. Who knows how many scenes he's already done.
I thought it would be so that when dc is done with the scenes, the others can start working first.

4.10 star(s) 359 Votes