dwalsh

Jul 1, 2019
Port of the game for ios devices ios 11.0 and up.
Available to install on your device if you are jailbroken or have Sideloading available as an option.

0.20.16 Pre-Tech

Mega
Thank you so much, this is the first VN I've successfully installed on my phone since I switched over.

phill_leotardo

Dec 20, 2019
i know nothing about programming but damn i would never imagine coding a renpy game could be such a time consuming task. How long have they´ve been with this? Maybe their coding a Summertime Saga MMO RPG, or maybe they coders are really slow or bad even.

It would be interesting to hear from then about the difficulties regarding updating the old code.
python coding is the easiest one there is and ren'py is even easy and fast, that's why there is so many people doing games, even though they never did anything of the sort before. reasons as why it takes to long has much more to do with how much they handle the project than how they code. summertime saga in my opinion is one of the games that takes to long for new updates, but it's worth it. the gameplay is pretty smooth compared to other in-door games, i would go as far as to say it's the easiest one to navigate around, and it has built-in cheats, lets you choose where to start from and even lets you unlock the scenes, if you just want the good stuff. i don't even really post here often, i just check the news and bail out, because this is the type of game that you can say it's ready when it's ready, its pretty fun i think

Reactions: KillerBee487

Sscdrake

Jun 24, 2018
If that's honestly what you're waiting for you'd do well to forget this game exists until mid 2024 at the earliest.
God damn am I so envious of you really warm, smiling optimistic folk. Like, seriously, god bless you. You're the sunlight in the shadows. Man if Future Fragments also releases then and Star Citizen gives us another delightful roadmap for roadmaps then, we might actually have world peace on the horizon.

In all honesty though, if you pretend what's here is the complete game, there's quite a bit of really enjoyable content (especially if you're into incest). Not many purgatory games can say that.

Of course, blah blah blah, insert spiel about patreon suckers, blah blah. Who knows, maybe Patreon will finally ban all erotic games by 2024 and then all these games will have be forced to finish or admit the projects had long been abandoned.

Last edited:

teraptuss

May 4, 2019
I see everyone's reacting with Facepalms on my comment, y'all are too damn funny :KEK:
I think I am with you, I am entertained by all the salt and anger on both sides.

My favorite is when a dude with 0 posts on a 3+ years account comes in here and his only action in the thread is to facepalm a bunch of random posts ....... Like really dude ? And people say I got no life
But you have a life, you are "Crusher of all hopes and dreams"

rivers77

Jul 16, 2017
That implies any criticism would be censored to keep DC living in an insular bubble.

I'm not sure if that is the point you are trying to make? :unsure:

As someone who was a Patron for 3 years, I can say this outright untrue. DC is always willing to listen to people and try to address their complaints, it it's done respectfully. At the end of the day, we should all strive to be respectful to each other.

Reactions: KillerBee487

rivers77

Jul 16, 2017
This is going to be a long post. I know it's long and I get it if you don't want to read it.

I finally got around to playing the game with all the latest Tech updates. I haven't had a full playthrough since the end of the main story and I did it with no cheats. The extra sex scenes definitely help flesh out the game more and I think most of them were very good.

As much as there are deniers that this game is a wincest game, every clue leads you to think otherwise. I imagine these same people think that Liberace died a straight man, since he explicitly said he wasn't gay. From Jenny's reaction to the picture, to the resemblance of the family unit, to the way Debbie and Jenny take the death of Frank, to how much Debbie cares for the MC, to questions where Frank actually slept, to Debbie not having a job, everything screams this is a wincest game. It's been given the shittiest cover to get around Patreon guidelines. Maybe they'll give it a better cover in the future, but I doubt that. I think Debbie's story is basically done (minus art and pregnancy).

Replaying all the stories at once after a good deal of time helped me to look at things with fresh eyes. I still don't like the Eve storyline or Eve for that matter or Odette. But I did finally feel something for the story for the first time and that was in the final sex scene for Grace. Finally there was some sexual tension to the story that hadn't been there. The story as is does make it different from other girls, which I know is important to Sploosh and DC. I felt like from the very beginning it was just a given that the MC was going to sleep with both Odette (because she's easy) and Eve (because she crushed on him). I do realize that the MC will sleep with ALL the girls, but the journey just felt boring with Odette and Eve. But the final sex scene with Grace opened a very interesting door. It's clear to me that Grace is a straight woman (this is my opinion) and I think she feels guilty for both sleeping with her sister's boyfriend and starting to possibly fall for him. This could make for some awesome storytelling, but choices are a no go in STS... sadly. The sex scene was alright (it didn't really highlight Grace's best quality), but the dialogue was intriguing.

I also found a new appreciation for the Maria and Tony storyline. I really warmed up to the couple this go round, more than I had previously. I had always liked the story, but I enjoyed it more this time. I even liked the tag team on Maria. I'm usually only looking for something erotic, but the story was warm and heartfelt. They really felt like family to me this go round.

The Debbie storyline is still hands down my favorite. The tension is off the charts. I think the Roxxy storyline is amazing as well. I also enjoyed Diane and Jenny as well. I think all the characters are well written and stay within themselves. My favorite teacher storyline is Okita's. Ross was my least favorite.

Most of the new sex scenes were REALLY good and worth playing. My favorite is Diane's new scene in the barn. WOW. Becca's new scene and Svetlana were also top notch quality. I was disappointed with Melonia's additional lewd, because I'm a breast guy and she, in my opinion, is top 5 in that category in the game. I would have loved to have seen her in a scene something similar to Okita's scene. I also HATED.... REALLY HATED the Diane and Debbie scene. I became a patron (after a yearlong break) that month just so I could vote on the tech update and Debbie was number 5 in the top 6 girls (what? she won a vote?), but she didn't really get a scene... it's really Diane's scene. I still feel robbed on that one, but what can you do?

I realize this forum is missing nuance these days and that's a sad thing. It was always great to come and BS about the game and it's mostly turned into a whole lot of insults thrown around. Omni and the Count may be rough around the edges, but I have to agree with them when it comes to the talk of DC being a criminal. The game is free. No one forces anyone to spend their hard earned money on this game. While I was a patron, DC was nothing but hard working and easy to talk to and share ideas with (that comes with having access to the secret channel). Is this the way he wanted things to be at this time? I'm sure he's unhappy with how things have turned out over the tech update, but it doesn't stop him from producing. Does it hurt your feelings that the update isn't out yet and so you want him to suffer for it? Do you want to show the world that DC is a criminal and you want the project shut down? I think, if you look deep enough, you'll realize it's a very authoritarian mindset any which angle you come at it. It's a free game. Play if you want, pay if you want, go somewhere else if you want. It's not complicated.

I've rambled on long enough. I'm sure the Count will tell me how wrong I am and point me to #797 on his FAQ.

Sukme

Dec 21, 2017
This is going to be a long post. I know it's long and I get it if you don't want to read it.

I finally got around to playing the game with all the latest Tech updates. I haven't had a full playthrough since the end of the main story and I did it with no cheats. The extra sex scenes definitely help flesh out the game more and I think most of them were very good.

As much as there are deniers that this game is a wincest game, every clue leads you to think otherwise. I imagine these same people think that Liberace died a straight man, since he explicitly said he wasn't gay. From Jenny's reaction to the picture, to the resemblance of the family unit, to the way Debbie and Jenny take the death of Frank, to how much Debbie cares for the MC, to questions where Frank actually slept, to Debbie not having a job, everything screams this is a wincest game. It's been given the shittiest cover to get around Patreon guidelines. Maybe they'll give it a better cover in the future, but I doubt that. I think Debbie's story is basically done (minus art and pregnancy).

Replaying all the stories at once after a good deal of time helped me to look at things with fresh eyes. I still don't like the Eve storyline or Eve for that matter or Odette. But I did finally feel something for the story for the first time and that was in the final sex scene for Grace. Finally there was some sexual tension to the story that hadn't been there. The story as is does make it different from other girls, which I know is important to Sploosh and DC. I felt like from the very beginning it was just a given that the MC was going to sleep with both Odette (because she's easy) and Eve (because she crushed on him). I do realize that the MC will sleep with ALL the girls, but the journey just felt boring with Odette and Eve. But the final sex scene with Grace opened a very interesting door. It's clear to me that Grace is a straight woman (this is my opinion) and I think she feels guilty for both sleeping with her sister's boyfriend and starting to possibly fall for him. This could make for some awesome storytelling, but choices are a no go in STS... sadly. The sex scene was alright (it didn't really highlight Grace's best quality), but the dialogue was intriguing.

I also found a new appreciation for the Maria and Tony storyline. I really warmed up to the couple this go round, more than I had previously. I had always liked the story, but I enjoyed it more this time. I even liked the tag team on Maria. I'm usually only looking for something erotic, but the story was warm and heartfelt. They really felt like family to me this go round.

The Debbie storyline is still hands down my favorite. The tension is off the charts. I think the Roxxy storyline is amazing as well. I also enjoyed Diane and Jenny as well. I think all the characters are well written and stay within themselves. My favorite teacher storyline is Okita's. Ross was my least favorite.

Most of the new sex scenes were REALLY good and worth playing. My favorite is Diane's new scene in the barn. WOW. Becca's new scene and Svetlana were also top notch quality. I was disappointed with Melonia's additional lewd, because I'm a breast guy and she, in my opinion, is top 5 in that category in the game. I would have loved to have seen her in a scene something similar to Okita's scene. I also HATED.... REALLY HATED the Diane and Debbie scene. I became a patron (after a yearlong break) that month just so I could vote on the tech update and Debbie was number 5 in the top 6 girls (what? she won a vote?), but she didn't really get a scene... it's really Diane's scene. I still feel robbed on that one, but what can you do?

I realize this forum is missing nuance these days and that's a sad thing. It was always great to come and BS about the game and it's mostly turned into a whole lot of insults thrown around. Omni and the Count may be rough around the edges, but I have to agree with them when it comes to the talk of DC being a criminal. The game is free. No one forces anyone to spend their hard earned money on this game. While I was a patron, DC was nothing but hard working and easy to talk to and share ideas with (that comes with having access to the secret channel). Is this the way he wanted things to be at this time? I'm sure he's unhappy with how things have turned out over the tech update, but it doesn't stop him from producing. Does it hurt your feelings that the update isn't out yet and so you want him to suffer for it? Do you want to show the world that DC is a criminal and you want the project shut down? I think, if you look deep enough, you'll realize it's a very authoritarian mindset any which angle you come at it. It's a free game. Play if you want, pay if you want, go somewhere else if you want. It's not complicated.

I've rambled on long enough. I'm sure the Count will tell me how wrong I am and point me to #797 on his FAQ.

Best part of the whole thing

Insomnimaniac Games

Degenerate Handholder
Game Developer
May 25, 2017
Maria is my favorite character. Unlike a lot of the other female cast members, when shit went wrong Maria pulls out a fuckin shotgun ready to get into a shoot out with mobsters for the MC instead of relying on the MC to do everything for her.

Sscdrake

Jun 24, 2018
Maria is one of the best characters in the game tbh
There are a lot of good characters in the game, honestly. Or at the least seed of good ones in those that haven't been developed much yet. Even the more boring characters at least have a strong identity, which in a game with such a wide cast is actually pretty shocking.

I play a lot of VNs though so you really notice when multiple characters add up to one mega-character that's supposed to fill a role or archetype, and though I get it's easier to do that with a large cast, its till kind of cheats out the individual chars.

It's honestly games with high potential like this one that really make me the most upset when they go full-on patreon milk mode. According to Graphtreon, DarkCookie is making 60k PER MONTH. That's 720k a year, folks. Not sure if he has also stuff, but he could easily support them on that income, especially if they're outsourced commission-based work. He could also easily do this fulltime.

This game should be pooping out massive updates each and every single month, and if not, he should be clearly slapping the steps he's going to take to fix that on the table.

But we're here instead, sadly.

Could have finished this game ages ago and practically guaranteed a successful, longtime venture making pron games. That's some serious life lottery stuff there to just throw it all away.

Reactions: Schlongenberger

KillerBee487

Sep 18, 2022
just by delaying the game for a month he recoups all the all the losses he's made so it really doesn't hurt him at all
Dude we all feel you. There's a a LOT of people here that love SS with all their heart, and they don't want to criminalize DC nor stop the game for being produced. All this hatred feelings splashed on this forum have a reason: we all love SS, and we all want to see the last version of this great game. But at the same time we love this game, DC needed a warning that he hasn't take the right path with planification of the tech update, and after the 1st year, decisions should've been taken (more coders, reprogramation of the chores...)
DC is a great guy, and the major part of the people knows that. But a warning from the fans is needed, just to change something, because we don't want to lose this love for the game

401Grem

May 14, 2017
Dude we all feel you. There's a a LOT of people here that love SS with all their heart, and they don't want to criminalize DC nor stop the game for being produced. All this hatred feelings splashed on this forum have a reason: we all love SS, and we all want to see the last version of this great game. But at the same time we love this game, DC needed a warning that he hasn't take the right path with planification of the tech update, and after the 1st year, decisions should've been taken (more coders, reprogramation of the chores...)
DC is a great guy, and the major part of the people knows that. But a warning from the fans is needed, just to change something, because we don't want to lose this love for the game
How he handles his affairs, is simply none of your business, and he doesn't cater to the opinions of freeloaders.

KJan

Apr 29, 2020
I heard from Mayor Rump that Darkcookie is surrounded by other cookies...
One of them is called Grumpy Cookie and is posting on this forum under the suspicious name of Omnikuken... :unsure:

• Haha
Reactions: hooter
4.10 star(s) 359 Votes