EvilDave86

Dec 5, 2017
I'm here in the thread daily and I don't mind the time it takes ...... And people pledge (not pay) what they want willingly. Unless we start saying dudes on Patreon are too dumb to make financial decisions on their own and should be locked out of any amount of $ to spend. Just like in every milking complain ever : you give $ to say you like the game and tell DC to continue. You feel shafted ? Unpledge and move on. Guess that's too high up the bigbrain power for those milkers, since none of them has ever come up with a good point as to how you can get milked from something you can stop paying the moment you don't like it anymore
I fixed my post, pledge rather than pay but whatever arguing on a forum is pointless and yes you have every right to call out anyone griping. I've just been wanting to see more and it's frustrating it's taking so damn long. I've not pledged in awhile as it is. But yeah whatever shit'll happen when it happens or it won't simple as that.

Stil996

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 11, 2018
...what they want willingly. Unless we start saying dudes on Patreon are too dumb to make financial decisions on their own...
DUDE!!! you still think people in general aren't dumb??? Would have thought a single page of posts in this thread alone would have disabused you of that notion o_O
Not to say I don't agree that people shouldn't decide for themselves how they spend their money. Still doesn't mean they aren't dumb :p maybe even as dumb as the milking trolls!

Last edited:

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
Not to say I don't agree that people should decide for themselves how they spend their money. Still doesn't mean they aren't dumb :p maybe even as dumb as the milking trolls!
The problem in general is that some make it sound like DC's patrons are actually spending a lot of money on SS, while the individual pledges are indeed small (smaller compared to most comparable games, actually).
The average patron spends $2,34 a month, while the median patron likely spends even less. A full year of subscribing to DC to get day one access to the game literally costs less than getting 2 lattes at your local starbucks - just to give some perspective, as to why quite many of DC's patrons aren't freaking out that updates take some time. It's simply very cheap to be a patron.

Reactions: Stil996

Stil996

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 11, 2018
The problem in general is that some make it sound like DC's patrons are actually spending a lot of money on SS, while the individual pledges are indeed small (smaller compared to most comparable games, actually).
The average patron spends $2,34 a month, while the median patron likely spends even less. A full year of subscribing to DC to get day one access to the game literally costs less than getting 2 lattes at your local starbucks - just to give some perspective, as to why quite many of DC's patrons aren't freaking out that updates take some time. It's simply very cheap to be a patron.
yup it's like the next most common complaint, where someone gives a dollar and expects to be consulted on every decision and have the Dev answer to them personally.

When you donate, you are donating... full stop.
you're not buying anything, and you definitely aren't a partner... seems to be too much for many to understand.

PS On an unrelated topic don't get me started about Starbucks and their overpriced coffee :p

Reactions: Count Morado
Jan 17, 2023
It's simply very cheap to be a patron.
It's free for me! I've never donated any money to the developer of this game, so I can't complain. I suspect that most people here have never donated, either. Their point is that a lot of other people have donated, and the amount of money that has been donated should be producing faster results than it is. They would never donate any money themselves but, goddammit, all of those other people's donations should be giving me this free game faster! And since I have no donation to withdraw, I'll bitch and whine here to see if I can get enough of the actual donors to withdraw their donations to send a message to DC... except that no one here is a donor because this is a site for getting stuff for free.

Omnikuken

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 22, 2018
DUDE!!! you still think people in general aren't dumb??? Would have thought a single page of posts in this thread alone would have disabused you of that notion o_O
Not to say I don't agree that people shouldn't decide for themselves how they spend their money. Still doesn't mean they aren't dumb :p maybe even as dumb as the milking trolls!
I already know most people around the web are way too dumb to pass grade school ............

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
It's free for me! I've never donated any money to the developer of this game, so I can't complain. I suspect that most people here have never donated, either. Their point is that a lot of other people have donated, and the amount of money that has been donated should be producing faster results than it is.
Sure, most people won't pay and nobody is expecting them to, not even DC. I just wanted to make the point that $1/month or $12/year to get full access isn't that bad of a deal - even objectively. DC's streams are entertaining, the game still got updates with quite a few lewd scenes, etc.

What I want to say is, that it's different compared to other games, where you'd have to pay $120/year or more to get something similar.

It's normal for expectations to differ once you pay $120 compared to $12.

Juicer97

Jun 2, 2022
Why is this game number 1 patreon game? Is 2d art that much more liked in mainstream? The game was alright but nothing special in sex scenes department, lackluster even especially for 7 years of development now. So many more projects could benefit from more patreons. Well atleast ntl media gives me some solace as the only heavy weight in 3dcg game department.

Omnikuken

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 22, 2018
Why is this game number 1 patreon game? Is 2d art that much more liked in mainstream? The game was alright but nothing special in sex scenes department, lackluster even especially for 7 years of development now. So many more projects could benefit from more patreons. Well atleast ntl media gives me some solace as the only heavy weight in 3dcg game department.
Maybe people actually like 2D hand-drawn stuff over the 4983175098465th 3D asset-swap ? And it being 6+ years old might help with it being #1 ...... And it's NLT, at least try to get a 3 letter name correctly

Jan 14, 2018
Nobody's asking this so I will.

What do you guys think is the solution to all this?

IMO both sides have points.

-DC has gotten too comfortable, rich and complacent, the updates are taking too long and the game lacks deadlines/proper management considering its scale. It's like a genius rich kid full of potential dropping out of Harvard to go do drugs and live in his moms basement.

-On the other hand Patreon is donation based, it's other people giving money to DC for free out of their own will. Their team has stopped checking this forum (and patreon comments) because they know they're just getting ass blasted with complaints so there's no point in complaining on here besides venting out frustration. Most people on here have also never donated but feel entitled to hatepost.

The thread has also become useless for help since any help can be found on a separate thread and/or wiki.

So again, if anyone got a bright idea on how to resolve all this (besides "I'm right and the other side is wrong so they gotta go") I'm all ears (not like I personally can do anything but maybe WE can? maybe mods can?).

Last edited:

TheVegnar

Jul 4, 2021

-DC has gotten too comfortable, rich and complacent, the updates are taking too long and the game lacks deadlines/proper management considering its scale. It's like a genius rich kid full of potential dropping out of Harvard to go do drugs and live in his moms basement.

-On the other hand Patreon is donation based, it's other people giving money to DC for free out of their own will. Their team has stopped checking this forum (and patreon comments) because they know they're just getting ass blasted with complaints so there's no point in complaining on here besides venting out frustration. Most people on here have also never donated but feel entitled to hatepost.

The thread has also become useless for help since any help can be found on a separate thread and/or wiki.

So again, if anyone got a bright idea on how to resolve this (besides "I'm right and the other side is wrong so they gotta go" egocentric tribal bs) so that 1. DC starts to speed up and 2. People stop complaining on here. I'm all ears.
Only solution I can come up with, is Stop all Donations, and Re donate when DC does work again. Work = Money. ;/

Ass bandit

Apr 24, 2021

So again, if anyone got a bright idea on how to resolve all this (besides "I'm right and the other side is wrong so they gotta go") I'm all ears (not like I personally can do anything but maybe WE can? maybe mods can?).
Full-time coder.

Omnikuken

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 22, 2018

DC doesn't give a flying buttfuck about here (he has 12 posts since the game "launched", most of which happened last summer). He also doesn't seem to care about anything else (Patreon/Discord/Picarto), him replying to all the junk doesn't mean he'll get butthurt if people tell him he's a sleazeball milker scamming 25k dudes (and then get banned). The rest of the team doesn't come here either (or at least they don't run around claiming to be devs).

As maddening to some duders as it sound : this place doesn't matter to them. What do you expect mods to do ? Ban every1 and close the thread ?

"We" can only donate or not, crying about it won't do anything. You could try your luck being more direct with DC and co, you'd also probably get nuked within seconds
Only solution I can come up with, is Stop all Donations, and Re donate when DC does work again. Work = Money. ;/
Lol, $ isn't the problem (never was) and isn't the solution. You'll have to come to terms that this isn't going to do anything. DC doesn't care about the income, he won't do anything if people leave and he won't do anything even if he makes 1 mil a month. After 2 years of crying about $, which didn't do anything, you could at least find something else to moan about
Full-time coder.
He hired this coder (probably) knowing he'd only do part-time, he's not gonna dump him 80% down the road and replace him with a new 1 that won't know how the other coder worked and make everything done so far useless. Main reason for the tech is to have 1 unified code base, not bait and switch coders 1/2 through and lose months of "work". INB4 the crylords come and point Renpy isn't hard to code .......

manneychin

May 8, 2017
Everyone should pay a bit more attention to people wielding the diversionist argument "it's free so you can't complain" (note I'm giving these people a courtesy by not just assuming they are complete morons). Nobody in their right mind would say you don't have the right to complain about Facebook, Google or any other filthy rich Internet giant because you are on their "free" tier.

SS presents an essentially identical situation, scaled down as it happens in an adult games niche. The product being "free" does not absolve from piercing criticism after getting people invested in terms of time and emotions/erections.

I see plenty of people asking "but what can we do?", a welcome change in my book as that's absolutely the only direction that could see things change to everyone's benefit. It's abundantly clear SS' author-publisher has 100% made their peace with irresponsibly cashing in over $1 million (actually much more but let's be safe and overestimate Patreon's fees). Be honest. How many of you would say "Let me stop cashing in this huge pile of free money every month because... something". No. The ball is in your court.

Why not do the same as when any other main stream cultural franchise goes against your interests? People here are not powerless. F95 has a direct impact on devs bottom line. Reviews on F95 matter. [ABANDONED] slapped on games matters. This situation clearly shows there are a couple of missing features on F95 to better handle these projects that go on for years.

Firstly, we should get a new [INLIMBO] state next to the existing [ABANDONED], etc. states. Everyone essentially understands what it means but a discussion is needed to define the conditions for a project to enter this state (feels like a voting matter as we see devs finding creative ways to zombify projects).

Secondly, the review system needs some rework. A review from day 1 cannot have the same weight as one from day 2000 unless they both refer to the same game version. In addition, a review score is needed not just for the game but also for the project. We should basically be able to vote on a project's health, probably only if the project is more than ~2 years long. This would help flag situations where the game is good but the dev mismanages the project so badly that you're bound to become very unhappy with your emotional/time investment if you dive in before [COMPLETED] is reached.

MN122

Dec 31, 2021
Hate to interrupt the roast/etc, but is there anywhere (reputable) to download old builds of the game?

Omnikuken

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 22, 2018
Everyone should pay a bit more attention to people wielding the diversionist argument "it's free so you can't complain" (note I'm giving these people a courtesy by not just assuming they are complete morons). Nobody in their right mind would say you don't have the right to complain about Facebook, Google or any other filthy rich Internet giant because you are on their "free" tier.

SS presents an essentially identical situation, scaled down as it happens in an adult games niche. The product being "free" does not absolve from piercing criticism after getting people invested in terms of time and emotions/erections.

I see plenty of people asking "but what can we do?", a welcome change in my book as that's absolutely the only direction that could see things change to everyone's benefit. It's abundantly clear SS' author-publisher has 100% made their peace with irresponsibly cashing in over $1 million (actually much more but let's be safe and overestimate Patreon's fees). Be honest. How many of you would say "Let me stop cashing in this huge pile of free money every month because... something". No. The ball is in your court.

Why not do the same as when any other main stream cultural franchise goes against your interests? People here are not powerless. F95 has a direct impact on devs bottom line. Reviews on F95 matter. [ABANDONED] slapped on games matters. This situation clearly shows there are a couple of missing features on F95 to better handle these projects that go on for years.

Firstly, we should get a new [INLIMBO] state next to the existing [ABANDONED], etc. states. Everyone essentially understands what it means but a discussion is needed to define the conditions for a project to enter this state (feels like a voting matter as we see devs finding creative ways to zombify projects).

Secondly, the review system needs some rework. A review from day 1 cannot have the same weight as one from day 2000 unless they both refer to the same game version. In addition, a review score is needed not just for the game but also for the project. We should basically be able to vote on a project's health, probably only if the project is more than ~2 years long. This would help flag situations where the game is good but the dev mismanages the project so badly that you're bound to become very unhappy with your emotional/time investment if you dive in before [COMPLETED] is reached.
2 years of moaning about $/month got you what exactly ? Name 1 thing that happened to the game in these last 2 years from people crying about DC's income

"This place has power" : like what exactly ? DC doesn't come here, most people don't know/read reviews, dudes on Patreon don't really seem to care about the thread and as pointed above : what has the game gotten from the whining ?

"Tags" : you won't see abandoned on this as long as DC streams daily (we're still missing a bunch of more worthwhile tags since day 1). You got even less chance of seeing a new tag and/or get mods to redo the system.

Review system can go burn for all it's worth : mostly nothing, aside another venue for moaners to cry on stuff they barely understand (like playing the game from the start every new build)
Hate to interrupt the roast/etc, but is there anywhere (reputable) to download old builds of the game?
There's a post with a bunch of links somewhere in here, use the search. There's also Google. Have fun not fucking yourself with saves/gallery when you load stuff between builds and skipping a few of them

Last edited:

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
People here are not powerless.
People here are powerless. While what happens on F95 may influence the bottom line of smaller developers, there comes a point when complaints and actions here do little or next to nothing on impacting the development of a game. Summertime Saga has reached that point, as well as several other titles. One way DC mitigated that was by NOT interacting here and keeping F95 its own environment outside of his development sphere. If he had been like some other developers and been active on this site, you might have a greater point about the impact of actions/words on here. But he did not and you do not.

Same with your labeling scheme* idea - first, DC wouldn't care and second, DC has created enough updates with new and updated scenes over the course of the tech update through 6 pre-tech updates, wallpapers, etc - as well as remaining active online through picarto streams, etc that the [INLIMBO] tag would have to almost be called the [DC] for the amount of specificity you would need to capture the status you want to give it to slap it on this thread.

As for your review idea - I have never written nor read any reviews or bothered with any star ratings because, well, very few people know how to write an objective review and even fewer know how to interpret a properly written review.

*edited to correct misspelling.

Last edited:

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
Google is a fucking amazing tool (or nearly any search engine that you prefer)
(windows)
(android)
(mac)

Omnikuken

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 22, 2018
People here are powerless. While what happens on F95 may influence the bottom line of smaller developers, there comes a point when complaints and actions here do little or next to nothing on impacting the development of a game. Summertime Saga has reached that point, as well as several other titles. One way DC mitigated that was by NOT interacting here and keeping F95 it's own environment outside of his development sphere. If he had been like some other developers and been active on this site, you might have a greater point about the impact of actions/words on here. But he did not and you do not.

Same with your labeling sheme idea - first, DC wouldn't care and second, DC has created enough updates with new and updated scenes over the course of the tech update through 6 pre-tech updates, wallpapers, etc - as well as remaining active online through picarto streams, etc that the [INLIMBO] tag would have to almost be called the [DC] for the amount of specificity you would need to capture the status you want to give it to slap it on this thread.

As for your review idea - I have never written nor read any reviews or bothered with any star ratings because, well, very few people know how to write an objective review and even fewer know how to interpret a properly written review.
Hate to correct my own alt account but : "scheme" my dude

bobsonbob

Oct 31, 2019
i was on rule34xxx and I discovered this guy "dildorog", who probably has been talked about before in that last 3000 pages of this thread, but I wanted to mention his stuff is pretty cool. He does fan animations 100% in the style and of the characters from summertime saga.

Thanks to him I was finally able to see some sex scenes of Mia, who is my favourite girl in this, where her face is actually visible.

4.10 star(s) 359 Votes