McSlut

Aug 12, 2018
What do you guys think is the solution to all this?
the same thing he should have done years ago. he should have kept working on updates as usual with the old team while hiring additional coders and posers (fulltime) and give them access to all the art assets. then tell the second team to start programming the game from scratch until the new game catches up to the old one and then converge both teams. the game could also use a project manager who knows what he is doing so DC doesn't miscalculate when things are ready to release by a couple years or spends his time on the stream on the same room for the lighthouse for 3 weeks like he is now

Omnikuken

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 22, 2018
the same thing he should have done years ago. he should have kept working on updates as usual with the old team while hiring additional coders and posers (fulltime) and give them access to all the art assets. then tell the second team to start programming the game from scratch until the new game catches up to the old one and then converge both teams. the game could also use a project manager who knows what he is doing so DC doesn't miscalculate when things are ready to release by a couple years or spends his time on the stream on the same room for the lighthouse for 3 weeks like he is now
Is this a $/month rant disguised as a wetdream about having 2 teams work for nothing ?

xdhtr

Jun 17, 2017
These will also be used ingame for the Tech update (improving existing stories)!

For you high tier Patrons you can get all the 1080p high res wallpapers on our Kompas site.

Check it out here:

For the lower tier Patrons, simply wait a few hours for them to leak! (or DM me on Discord)

-DC

1111.jpg

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
These will also be used ingame for the Tech update (improving existing stories)!

For you high tier Patrons you can get all the 1080p high res wallpapers on our Kompas site.

Check it out here:

For the lower tier Patrons, simply wait a few hours for them to leak! (or DM me on Discord)

-DC

View attachment 2343551
Yup, 1080p versions of the wallpapers were posted almost 24 hours ago by our Hero1 - #68,836 Enjoy!
I know that's like 3 pages back, but hey, good things get buried when the whining starts in here.

Reactions: Somnus and xdhtr

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
he game could also use a project manager who knows what he is doing so DC doesn't miscalculate when things are ready to release by a couple years or spends his time on the stream on the same room for the lighthouse for 3 weeks like he is now
Are you really honestly suggesting, that I guy who stopped working in the animation industry, because he wanted to do his own thing, will employ somebody to tell him, that he really can't do something he wants do to, because there has to be a release? I'm 100% sure that DC will rather take a 10, 20, 30k dollar earnings dip than doing that.

It's always been the other way round. DC does what he wants/likes and if people like it, they are supposed to give money and if they don't, they (should) stop.

This isn't some kind of kickstarter project where managing a set and promised schedule is part of the project.

Adding to that, DC was (is?) actually thinking about creating a 360 degree panaroma view of the city seen from the light house.

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
damn, apparently I missed , mybad
No worries. Like I said, it got buried in the waves of entitlement tears.
Are you really honestly suggesting, that I guy who stopped working in the animation industry, because he wanted to do his own thing, will employ somebody to tell him, that he really can't do something he wants do to, because there has to be a release? I'm 100% sure that DC will rather take a 10, 20, 30k dollar earnings dip than doing that.

It's always been the other way round. DC does what he wants/likes and if people like, they are supposed to give money and if they don't, they (should) stop.

This isn't some kind of kickstarter project where managing a set and promised schedule is part of the project.

Adding to that, DC was (is?) actually thinking about creating a 360 degree panaroma view of the city seen from the light house.
Wait, what?
A person can do almost whatever they want and people can donate to them to do that?
And if people don't like what that person does, they can say fuck it and not (or cease to) donate?
How Dare!
/s

itsyeboii

Aug 23, 2017
I wonder if they'll put some scenes into the tech-update regardless of what they said. Could be a nice surprise and it's not impossible since DC and the animator had plenty of time and are ahead of schedule anyway, implementing some bonus scenes shouldn't be too hard should it?

Reactions: j4yj4m

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
I wonder if they'll put some scenes into the tech-update regardless of what they said. Could be a nice surprise and it's not impossible since DC and the animator had plenty of time and are ahead of schedule anyway, implementing some bonus scenes shouldn't be too hard should it?
Yeah, given that DC is adding these wallpaper cutscenes, one would think that they'd create a few more sex scenes, too. I mean, not addings scenes would have been fine if the tech update had be released a few weeks after the last pre-tech... but it's been quite a while by now...

Reactions: itsyeboii

itsyeboii

Aug 23, 2017
Yeah, given that DC is adding these wallpaper cutscenes, one would think that they'd create a few more sex scenes, too. I mean, not addings scenes would have been fine if the tech update had be released a few weeks after the last pre-tech... but it's been quite a while by now...
Exactly, that's my line of thinking too. Like always, not getting my hopes up but it'd be nice to see.

McSlut

Aug 12, 2018
Are you really honestly suggesting
i'm not suggesting anything. i got asked what the solution to updates taking years is and that was my answer. i know how patreon works, i know dc drew the golden ticket and he can retire as a millionaire in a couple years while barely doing any work, i know he doesn't want to throw that ticket away. i wouldn't either. if people are still willinly giving him money even after all this time and defending his work ethics on forums there is literally no reason for him to change anything.

the ball is in the patreons court, if people on would stop donating on mass even if it's just 1$ i think things would change yes. maybe not after he loses 10k but if he would lose 20k he would turn out more updates quickly. yes i think he cares about the money he's making even if he pretends he doesn't.

also what i'm saying is, if you really care about this game and want to see it finished the best thing you can do it stop donating even if it's a small amount. this thread getting a [in limbo] tag or something like that would also be a great thing because maybe that way some new patreons would be warned that the last real update has been years before and the last actually good update even longer. i know that's not going to happen so whatever. i just like to post in this thread from time to time and watch the shitshow that this game has become. my interest in this game has been nothing like back when before the eve update.

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
i'm not suggesting anything. i got asked what the solution to updates taking years is and that was my answer.
I'm pretty sure he meant actual solutions.
i know how patreon works, i know dc drew the golden ticket and he can retire as a millionaire in a couple years while barely doing any work, i know he doesn't want to throw that ticket away. i wouldn't either. if people are still willinly giving him money even after all this time and defending his work ethics on forums there is literally no reason for him to change anything.

the ball is in the patreons court, if people on would stop donating on mass even if it's just 1$ i think things would change yes. maybe not after he loses 10k but if he would lose 20k he would turn out more updates quickly.
You realize that he already lost over 20k/months in earnings and didn't change anything at all? In peak times he was earning 80k, now it's below 60k.
also what i'm saying is, if you really care about this game and want to see it finished the best thing you can do it stop donating even if it's a small amount. this thread getting a [in limbo] tag or something like that would also be a great thing because maybe that way some new patreons would be warned that the last real update has been years before and the last actually good update even longer.
As mentioned by others, you/we/this community aren't DC's primary target group. I recall DC saying years ago that the majority of official downloads had been android versions of the game and that tells you everything you need to know. The average player is a casual, who downloads the game for his smartphone/tablet for free from DC's homepage and possibly becomes a patron after that.

Apart from those games, which made it on steam, there'll be few games where F95 matters less.

McSlut

Aug 12, 2018
Exactly, that's my line of thinking too. Like always, not getting my hopes up but it'd be nice to see.
if j4yj4m is right you'll be able to fap at a 360 degree panorama view of this city. isn't that great?

I'm pretty sure he meant actual solutions.
there is no actual solutions. he can not release anything but wallpapers for the next 2 years and i doubt he'd even lose another 10k. also the 60k he is making i still a lot but yes i thing he would start changing his work ethic if donations dropped as low as 20k~15k (which i know is not going to happen you don't have to tell me)

also i don't care about being in any target group or that my posts won't change anything

Last edited:

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
there is no actual solutions. he can not release anything but wallpapers for the next 2 years and i doubt he'd even lose another 10k. also the 60k he is making i still a lot but yes i thing he would start changing his work ethic if donations dropped as low as 20k~15k (which i know is not going to happen you don't have to tell me)
Moving the goalposts, I see.

I'd agree that the game probably won't drop that low, mainly because it's actually a pretty good game in a small market with little competition. Though I'm pretty sure that his numbers will continue to fall until he releases the tech-update and/or Ronda. As such he'll probably lose another few 1000s more a month before it's going up again.

also i don't care about being in any target group or that my posts won't change anything
We'll I was just trying to explain why the tech update may make quite a bit of sense, if it actually benefits the majority of your playerbase.
If 95% of SS players would be those, who play on PC and who don't have to care about drive space, performance and screen ratio, that calculation may have been different.

Reactions: Artoriasex
4.10 star(s) 359 Votes