Jan 14, 2018
I don't know about "the majority" and "most of the people here". Some post, some (I guess many more) only lurk, some donate, some not, some make mods for free, some want to get payed, even some devs post here. Yes, it's a pirate site, but I would never have become a patron of this game without it. And I would never have made the mod.
I honestly have no idea how you're gonna update your mod once tech update comes out. I'm assuming it's gonna be an extreme pain in the ass and gonna take a while. Love your mod though, real good stuff.

Omnikuken

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 22, 2018
This.

DC likes acting as if he doesn't care but I'm pretty sure he would hate going back to doing commissions. He's also moved in to a new house and has multiple kids now to take care of, those are expenses that are hard if not stressful to pay doing commission work. Him not caring about the money is a load of garbage. He started a Patreon ffs. People don't start patreons because they're rich, love their jobs, like making extra stuff on top of their current work and don't want any money for it. The primary function of the site at it's core is to receive money in exchange for work. It's not Instagram, it's not just to show the cool stuff you make in your spare time, you're there because there's money in the equation. He's also taking more than 50% of the money going towards SS (saying he's saving it for future projects but that doesn't make sense) which doesn't sound like someone who "doesn't care about the money".
He still has ~35-40k to lose before he gets back to his last pledge goal, which won't be soon.

He made a Patreon so that people who like the game can donate to help him make it (just like how Patreon has worked since they started), he wasn't expecting much in the early days. He also made a few builds before going to Patreon.

"He takes more than 1/2 the $", so what ? If the dudes he hired (probably with contracts) were ok with how much they get, who cares what DC does with the remaining $.

He also said he'd be willing to continue making the game even if the monthly pledges were 0$, which until proven otherwise by him stopping the dev if he gets there, is still the best reason why $ doesn't matter. Even if the entire board gets butthurt about it

APoc1

Apr 22, 2018
Frankly you could Deus Ex Machina anything you want when it comes to Grace or any other character for that matter. Its not like the story as it stands now strictly follows any logic. Anon is banging more than half the town why bother with morals of any character ? It really would not be that hard to just treat Grace and Eve like the other mother daughter situations Same goes for Mia and Helen. Maybe once the Ronda update hits and you have to choose a date to the ball all of Anon's fun will have to end but wait.. he could have many children running around by that time , so yeah it's not like reality of any choices made are really going to factor in , in a meaningful way.

Omnikuken

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 22, 2018
Frankly you could Deus Ex Machina anything you want when it comes to Grace or any other character for that matter. Its not like the story as it stands now strictly follows any logic. Anon is banging more than half the town why bother with morals of any character ? It really would not be that hard to just treat Grace and Eve like the other mother daughter situations Same goes for Mia and Helen. Maybe once the Ronda update hits and you have to choose a date to the ball all of Anon's fun will have to end but wait.. he could have many children running around by that time , so yeah it's not like reality of any choices made are really going to factor in , in a meaningful way.
You still have Annie+Judith+every preg remake before the prom night ......

APoc1

Apr 22, 2018
You still have Annie+Judith+every preg remake before the prom night ......
Exactly , kind of my point the game goes everywhere so why would it matter if you get to bang both Grace and Eve at some point you are going to choose one of the main girls and what happens to the rest and all your kids? there isn't enough logic in the world to explain that , so in steps Deus ex machina to explain away the "reasons" for how ever the game try's to end itself.

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
Becca catches Anon with her mom. If he's already fucking Becca, she tells Tina. Becca tells him to stop fucking her mom, and
Anon is cheating on every woman in the game, but no one insists on a branching system that will force him to be faithful to just one of them. Grace gets singled out because she feels bad about having sex with her sister's boyfriend. Based on no one caring about Anon sleeping with both Becca and Tina, or both Jenny and Debbie, I conclude that no one cares about the MC fucking members of the same family unless one of the women feels guilty about it. So, don't bother rewriting an entire major story line. Just make it so that Grace doesn't feel guilty! Everything would be okay if Grace didn't feel bad, right?
To me there are several points to make when it coms to that problem in general.

1. Do people care about single stories to be consistent within themselves and as such value that kind of consistency? It's clear, that a big sandbox game as SS, will never manage to be conistent across the board. But let's say somebody really likes a specific character, then he should be able to play that character's story without running into really bad writing.
As far as I see it, that's essentially DC's and Sploosh's position in this - at least as far as it's possible.
Those who really want to get every (possible) character in one playthrough will be able to do it, but they'll have to live with inconsistencies/gaps across different stories to some degree. I doubt that's ever going to change.
Yet, stories of connected characters like Eve/Grace/Odette or Mia/Helen/Yumi/Angelica ought to be consistent within themselves. And that's where Grace's troubles lie and that's part of the reason why she isn't getting more/better scenes right now.

2. Do you want charachters to have unique character traits or not?
Of course it's possible to write every character in a way, so everybody is totally fine with MC fucking every woman in town. But then you'll indeed limit the kinds of stories and characters you'll be able to use and the kind of endings you'll be able to get. If you finish the 9th main girl and you've arrived at "the same" polyamorous ending for the 9th time, it'll probably get a bit boring. You'll end up having dozens of characters, who of whom none feels jealous, guilty, etc.
Sure, it's the easy way out, but it's certainly not good for the game as a whole. At least I seriously hope that most of the main girls will have some unique trait to their stories/endings, which in a VN does of course have to include classical romance, too.

And that just leads to the problem, that there's some kind of classical romance where saying "ah it's fine, fuck whomever you want besides me" after overcoming all of these issues kinda ruins that part of that story.
I personally really liked that fact that Eve (as a trans girl) is the one who got a romance arc, opposed to let's say being a cuckquean like Roxxy or viewing MC as some kind of money making sexy toy like Jenny.

That's why proper branches are needed, as they enable better stories and more/deeper emotions, as you aren't limited by the fact, that you necessarily have to arrive at some "MC is going to fuck everybody ending" once you are finished.

Last edited:

Donjoe81

Dec 30, 2022
Haven't played in more than a year, is it worth to play or i should wait more tho?
I remember playing 6 months ago and I had a feeling it was finished already. If you look at the changelog you will see that Scenes have been added and bugs have been fixed and some would say it´s improvements or milking a cashcow. Could I recommend playing it? I would look at the reviews or if you were happy with the game more than a year ago and don´t mind the grindy parts sure you could play it.

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
Haven't played in more than a year, worth playing now or should I wait for next update?
Haven't played in more than a year, is it worth to play or i should wait more tho?
Given that the tech update will introduce a ton of minor new content across the whole game, it's definitely better to wait and play once it has been released.

• Red Heart
Reactions: JasmineLovesAnal

Omnikuken

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 22, 2018
I don't doubt what you say to be true, but shooting the breeze about ideas to make the game better (in our opinion) doesn't hurt anyone and sure is a welcome break from all garbage talk of milking.
Wetdreaming about stuff that are either 4-5 years away or have little chance of happening won't do much for the sanity of this place

APoc1

Apr 22, 2018
just wanted to chime in to say you are all insane.

Good luck
Just think you are only seeing the surface just imagine what lurks under the facade :sneaky: Oh and welcome to the club , chiming in grants you an automatic enrollment in the program , Lucky you!!! :giggle:

Wetdreaming about stuff that are either 4-5 years away or have little chance of happening won't do much for the sanity of this place
Wait there is sanity here o_O :LOL:

Fapman777

Mar 2, 2020
Hello people, is there somekind of timeline or an approximative guess for the tech update?
I'm not asking a precise date, but do people think it's 3months away or more like 1 year away?

I wasn't following the game progress before this whole "Tech update ordeal", so i have no idea how long the past updates usually took. And seeing with the progress bar is 80% complete, i'd like to know how long those last 20 % should take approximatively.

Is it planed before this summer?

Reactions: itsyeboii

cloud77777

Jul 25, 2017
Hello people, is there somekind of timeline or an approximative guess for the tech update?
I'm not asking a precise date, but do people think it's 3months away or more like 1 year away?

I wasn't following the game progress before this whole "Tech update ordeal", so i have no idea how long the past updates usually took. And seeing with the progress bar is 80% complete, i'd like to know how long those last 20 % should take approximatively.

Is it planed before this summer?
No one has an exact answer as no expected release has been given by DarkCookie. In March, the tech update will officially have been in development for two years.

If I were to give an optimistic guess I would say another 4-6 months. The tracker only moved 5% from July of 2022 to now as tasks keep being added so don't get your hopes too high. Best advice I have is to just wait and find other games to play in the meantime.

Fapman777

Mar 2, 2020
No one has an exact answer as no expected release has been given by DarkCookie. In March, the tech update will officially have been in development for two years.

If I were to give an optimistic guess I would say another 4-6 months. The tracker only moved 5% from July of 2022 to now as tasks keep being added so don't get your hopes too high. Best advice I have is to just wait and find other games to play in the meantime.
Ok so it could be anytime from April to August basically.
thanks for the reply.

Reactions: itsyeboii
4.10 star(s) 359 Votes