Jiinzo

May 27, 2017
iirc part of the reason why updates have been slow is because coding took the most time due to it being outdated. That said, with the major tech update releasing ( soon ™ ), will that speed up the process of future updates or have they explained on why the updates will be slow still?

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
iirc part of the reason why updates have been slow is because coding took the most time due to it being outdated. That said, with the major tech update releasing ( soon ™ ), will that speed up the process of future updates or have they explained on why the updates will be slow still?
I don't think you are remembering completely correctly - Yes, one of the (many) goals of the tech update was to make quicker turnaround possible for testing/etc (quicker being relative -- 1 day quicker is still quicker), but that doesn't mean updates will be released any sooner (or later) because of the tech update.

Also, updates being slow or quick are also relative. If a developer takes 4 months for releases, some fans think that is slow. If a developer takes 1 month, some fans think that is slow. A developer will never quell the expectations of some fans on how much content and how short a turnaround.

While I agree DC has terrible project management skills - I think he has done the right thing when faced with some fans' animosity toward his release schedule... and that is to mostly say (by his actions, not necessarily in words), "fuck it, I can't make ya all happy - but I can do what makes me happy. If you all like it, please donate to keep me going. If you don't, don't. Fans will get the releases when you get them, and you'll get them free. Now, let me go enjoy my wife and kids and my life... the next release will be soon™."

Reactions: secretsonny

SoftNormals

Jan 10, 2023
The game was already nearing completion story wise wasn't it? It seems like a bad dev decision to completely rework internals of the game that's already nearly finished content-wise, instead of simply doing that work on whatever next project they'd have planned. Any "time savings" from doing this work have been completely lost from taking so long to do it. And now they're Patreon support is on a major downtrend as a result...

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
The game was already nearing completion story wise wasn't it? It seems like a bad dev decision to completely rework internals of the game that's already nearly finished content-wise, instead of simply doing that work on whatever next project they'd have planned. Any "time savings" from doing this work have been completely lost from taking so long to do it. And now they're Patreon support is on a major downtrend as a result...
yes and no. The main story is finished (finding out about what happened to the MC's father) - but there are various other parts still to be completed. Also, people keep thinking that adult games made nowadays (particularly Visual Novels) are products which have definitive conclusions. This is a wrong conception. There is a current trend by developers that are creating these titles in a similar manner as episodic series as seen on TV/Cable/Netflix -- as long as there is enough audience interest and as long as the production team has the drive to keep developing, it is not inconceivable that a number of the titles could end up with 20+ years of content.

Also, one of the major goals of the tech update is to make this more mobile-friendly because the largest share of his demographic is android personal device users. Also, "time savings" is relative. Saving development aggravations with the current code, adding new content, etc is just as important.

Finally, as has also been mentioned before, the Patreon support is already far higher than the developer's goal - and money wasn't ever the main motivation. The game is, and always has been, free for anyone to download from the developer's website. The donations have simply allowed the team to grow with a variety of talents and skills and allowed for a grander conception and realization of what the game may become.

Reactions: Plumbogummite

Omnikuken

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 22, 2018
Seems like I missed a good night's worth of people wondering stuff we already dunked on 3 years ago. Screw you too sleeping

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: Count Morado

exazubi

Dec 12, 2020
yes and no. The main story is finished (finding out about what happened to the MC's father) - but there are various other parts still to be completed. Also, people keep thinking that adult games made nowadays (particularly Visual Novels) are products which have definitive conclusions. This is a wrong conception. There is a current trend by developers that are creating these titles in a similar manner as episodic series as seen on TV/Cable/Netflix -- as long as there is enough audience interest and as long as the production team has the drive to keep developing, it is not inconceivable that a number of the titles could end up with 20+ years of content.

Also, one of the major goals of the tech update is to make this more mobile-friendly because the largest share of his demographic is android personal device users. Also, "time savings" is relative. Saving development aggravations with the current code, adding new content, etc is just as important.

Finally, as has also been mentioned before, the Patreon support is already far higher than the developer's goal - and money wasn't ever the main motivation. The game is, and always has been, free for anyone to download from the developer's website. The donations have simply allowed the team to grow with a variety of talents and skills and allowed for a grander conception and realization of what the game may become.
As far as I know, the school grades and the prom night are also part of the main quests. And almost all of that is still missing

ImTransAndTiny

May 1, 2020
Further to what Count Morado said, let's say I'm Intel/AMD/Nvidia. A new process node is available that reduces transistor power requirements. Huzzah! So, I can increase clock speed at the same number of watts, or keep performance the same and reduce the wattage, or some combination of both.

If the Tech Update actually does make it easier to add content, DC could release updates of the same size more frequently, or larger updates at the same frequency, or some combination of both. There is no reason to think that updates will come more frequently after the Tech Update, but the amount of new content released per year might increase. Maybe. (Since that still assumes that coding was the bottleneck. Drawing and posing will probably still take the same amount of time.)

Omnikuken

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 22, 2018
As far as I know, the school grades and the prom night are also part of the main quests. And almost all of that is still missing
School grades mean nothing. The prom night is a "main goal". The main story was to uncover who killed MC's notdad ....................... The other main goal is to gather enough $ to go to university (although that thing seems pretty meh when you can farm 1k a week)
Further to what Count Morado said, let's say I'm Intel/AMD/Nvidia. A new process node is available that reduces transistor power requirements. Huzzah! So, I can increase clock speed at the same number of watts, or keep performance the same and reduce the wattage, or some combination of both.

If the Tech Update actually does make it easier to add content, DC could release updates of the same size more frequently, or larger updates at the same frequency, or some combination of both. There is no reason to think that updates will come more frequently after the Tech Update, but the amount of new content released per year might increase. Maybe. (Since that still assumes that coding was the bottleneck. Drawing and posing will probably still take the same amount of time.)
DC won't magically draw an entire update within a week cause the codebase sux less, so the "speedup" if there's any will be in implementing said art into more bugfix builds and test them better/faster, without having to pray to RNGesus everytime for the game not to crap itself. The only "faster release" we could get is R(h)onda's, since the art for it (aside the lewds, that DC never streams so we dunno how far those are) was done last year. But then, the coder will probably die after the tech build and we'll still have to wait for him to either revive or for DC to get a new 1. Which then counters any speedups we might have gotten.

Omnikuken

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 22, 2018
Source for what ? Wincest got dumped in 2017. The next big update is indeed the tech build (for 2 years in dev now). And the routes after that are indeed R(h)onda's, Annie and Judith (once again known for 2 years, the tracker about those gets brought up every few posts as a meme). If you really want cold hard proof, check the wiki/main page links in the OP

Reactions: Count Morado

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
I know it was only Saturday when I last posted this, but since people can't be bothered to search before asking the same question that has been asked 100's of times before or know how to use the links in OP to the developer's website and the wiki for information... here's the 75th posting of my FAQ in less than a year:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
See #10, #11, #12 in the FAQ above, I also recommend #1. Also, as for "source" - see the developer's website at
What exactly does this ytech update entail anyways?
See #10 in the FAQ above, I also recommend #1.

Reactions: kang34

APoc1

Apr 22, 2018
I know it was only Saturday when I last posted this, but since people can't be bothered to search before asking the same question that has been asked 100's of times before or know how to use the links in OP to the developer's website and the wiki for information... here's the 75th posting of my FAQ in less than a year:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
See #10, #11, #12 in the FAQ above, I also recommend #1. Also, as for "source" - see the developer's website at
See #10 in the FAQ above, I also recommend #1.

Happy 75th ;) Out of my insatiable curiosity how many times last year?

4.10 star(s) 356 Votes