itsyeboii

Aug 23, 2017
This makes a lot of sense - no purpose for the tech update, but perhaps a jump on other storylines. j4yj4m or hero1 probably know more.

I am surprised that no Judith or R(h)onda fans have made mention of DC working on this scene a couple weeks ago on Picarto (for either future update?)
View attachment 2399570
DC's ways are a huge mystery to me. I keep wondering how that guy has used all the excess time, other than drawing tech and pre-tech stuff of course. I doubt Rhonda's art is done, let alone Annie's, so this could mean that DC is planning to put a Judith teaser in the tech-update or he wanted to randomly work on it for some reason.

I haven't watched his streams or even the VODs in a long time so I'm completely out of the loop when it comes to development.

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
Wait... Didn't he sad a loooong time ago that all the art for the tech update was done?? Or I am just tripping?
I remember something like that as well, but it could've been that all the art necessary for the tech-update (backgrounds, map, etc.) was done, and not all the unecessary extra art like some interiors that won't have a purpose anyways.
The backgrounds which are actually needed for the tech update were indeed done a long time ago. But the tech update will introduce several locations, which aren't needed for now. We'll get a lighthouse, bowling alley/arcade, biker bar, museum, stadium, a cabin in the woods, Missy, Judith and Ronda will get their houses, etc.

Essentially DC can either create all of them right now or once they are actually needed in the future. He started drawing the interior of the bar a few days ago...

DC's ways are a huge mystery to me. I keep wondering how that guy has used all the excess time, other than drawing tech and pre-tech stuff of course. I doubt Rhonda's art is done, let alone Annie's, so this could mean that DC is planning to put a Judith teaser in the tech-update or he wanted to randomly work on it for some reason.
I'd see the streams as a bit of a seperate topic. He basically stopped drawing spoiler content on stream a long time ago and as such he needs to find something to draw that's useful at the same time.

He did indeed finish Ronda's house's exterior/interior some months ago and I'm not sure how much more he actually wants to show right now...I guess we can only wait and see.

In recent times he seems to draw quite a bit content for existing stories and by now I wouldn't be surprised if we'd see some minor tweeks to let's say Diane, Debbie, etc. within the tech update.

Last edited:
Reactions: itsyeboii

vodka581996

Jan 30, 2018
LOL you guys still fighting if this game is a scam or not ?

LOL it scam dudes. Sorry to say that but you guys need to accept the truth.

The only reason you guys still arguments for long time coz there is nothing came out for long time.

Let me so you a simple trick to find a game is a "red sign". If you guys go in a game topic and people comment about contents like "how to fix bug", "stuck with quest and need help", "voting who is hottest character", etc... you guys stay.

But when you guys go in a game topic and only thing people here are arguments is if this game is abadoned or not you guys get the fuck out.

Last edited:

Omnikuken

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 22, 2018
LOL you guys still fighting if this game is a scam or not ?

LOL it scam dudes. Sorry to say that but you guys need to accept the truth.

The only reason you guys still arguments for long time coz there is nothing came out for long time.

Let me so you a simple trick to find a game is a "red sign". If you guys go in a game topic and people comment about contents like "how to fix bug", "stuck with quest and need help", "voting who is hottest character", etc... you guys stay.

But when you guys go in a game topic and only thing people here are arguments is if this game is abadoned or not you guys get the fuck out.
Except that they made another thread for gameplay questions, so you don't come in here to ask those ....... And October 31st wasn't that long ago

Mar 6, 2021
He said he'd keep making the game even at 0$/month, so about there. And he won't release it anytime soon anyway, even if he gets to 0$ tomorrow, so no need to wonder when he'll tell the other devs to stop doing what they do and just dump a release 1/2assedly
you keep saying this but post no proof of it.

Mar 6, 2021
he also keeps saying we have got 30+ animations... LOL it was 15... the 2 pre tech updates have 15 new 3 second loop animations not 30+...... oh boy the same poses over and over just with a different girl! i'm glad i only ever gave this dude 5 bucks once.

Reactions: StreamSteam

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
he also keeps saying we have got 30+ animations... LOL it was 11... the 2 pre tech updates have 11 new 3 second loop animations not 30+......
1676846455763.png
Number of new scenes/animations in each of the pre-techs --
Pre-tech 1: 5 v0.20.11
Pre-tech 2: 6 v0.20.12
Pre-tech 3: 6 v0.20.13
Pre-tech 4: 8 v0.20.14
Pre-tech 5: 5-7 v0.20.15 (depending upon how you count)
Pre-tech 6: 7 v0.20.16

That's 35-37, in total

So I've shown you proof twice in a row. Where you wanna move the goal posts to now so that you can get sacked again?

Edit: Oh, I see you already moved the goal posts while I was replying. Still sacked you.

Mar 6, 2021
View attachment 2402701
Number of new scenes/animations in each of the pre-techs --
Pre-tech 1: 5 v0.20.11
Pre-tech 2: 6 v0.20.12
Pre-tech 3: 6 v0.20.13
Pre-tech 4: 8 v0.20.14
Pre-tech 5: 5-7 v0.20.15 (depending upon how you count)
Pre-tech 6: 7 v0.20.16

That's 35-37, in total

So I've shown you proof twice in a row. Where you wanna move the goal posts to now so that you can get sacked again?
this year.... most of those came out over a year ago. well nothing has come out this year but last year. LOL 15 to 17 looped animations in one year! lol MUCH CONTENT! keep trying to defend the scam. it's cute

MurkyTurtle

Jul 28, 2017
Except that they made another thread for gameplay questions, so you don't come in here to ask those ....... And October 31st wasn't that long ago
111 days, which is nearly four months. And let's check in on how things are progressing...

:
1676846039674.png

The tracker as of today:
1676846126978.png

That's...not a lot of work completed. Assuming that the tracker is being kept up to date, that's the last writing task done, nine coding tasks done and eight added (yielding net progress of "one task"), and zero progress on either posing or art. That doesn't bode well. Even part-time I'd have expected at least a single posing task to get done, and word seems to be filtering out that it's going so catastrophically poorly that they're having to build automatic engines to speed things up. What sort of horrible fuckery have they done to the Ren'Py engine?

DC is either going to have to release another pre-tech update to keep the natives from getting restless, or he's looking at potentially an entire year of fiddling on Picarto while the project burns. I get that he doesn't want to be Mr. Big Business Manager and just wants to draw, but at some point you have to hire on a full-time person or two who know what they're doing.

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
this year.... most of those came out over a year ago.
And again you're moving the goal posts. Omnikuken never said "this year" or "in the past year" any time when referring to 30+ scenes in the 6 pre-tech updates.

In the past year:
v0.20.16: 31 Oct 2022 (Small Secret Pre-tech part 6) -> 1 month
v0.20.15: 25 Sep 2022 (Pre-tech part 5) -> 5 months
v0.20.14: 29 Apr 2022 (Pre-tech part 4) -> 2.5 months
v0.20.13: 19 Feb 2022 (Pre-tech part 3) -> 4 months
------------------------------------------------------------
Before that:
v0.20.12: 22 Oct 2021 (Pre-tech part 2) -> 3 months
v0.20.11: 01 Jul 2021 (Pre-tech part 1) -> 3 months

Again, proof you are wrong.

Mar 6, 2021
And again you're moving the goal posts. Omnikuken never said "this year" or "in the past year" any time when referring to 30+ scenes in the 6 pre-tech updates.

In the past year:
v0.20.16: 31 Oct 2022 (Small Secret Pre-tech part 6) -> 1 month
v0.20.15: 25 Sep 2022 (Pre-tech part 5) -> 5 months
v0.20.14: 29 Apr 2022 (Pre-tech part 4) -> 2.5 months
v0.20.13: 19 Feb 2022 (Pre-tech part 3) -> 4 months
------------------------------------------------------------
Before that:
v0.20.12: 22 Oct 2021 (Pre-tech part 2) -> 3 months
v0.20.11: 01 Jul 2021 (Pre-tech part 1) -> 3 months

Again, proof you are wrong.
still not 30+ LOL recycled animations. boring! yall defending this must be the chumps paying 10 bucks a month

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
still not 30+ LOL recycled animations. boring!
I have shown you are wrong four times in three separate posts. now you're just a broken record refusing to face the facts. It's not about defending anyone - it's about using objectivity and honesty when looking at the information.

I personally don't give a fuck if Summertime Saga fails or becomes gospel. And I've not donated a single red cent to the DC or any other adult game developer. The fact that you can't put your own personal bias aside when faced with proven information which contradicts your cognitive distortion tells more about you than about the game or DC.

Mar 6, 2021
I have shown you are wrong four times in three separate posts. now you're just a broken record refusing to face the facts. It's not about defending anyone - it's about using objectivity and honesty when looking at the information.

I personally don't give a fuck if Summertime Saga fails or becomes gospel. And I've not donated a single red cent to the DC or any other adult game developer. The fact that you can't put your own personal bias aside when faced with proven information which contradicts your cognitive distortion tells more about you than about the game or DC.
nope you showed me you dont know how to count there was not 30+ new animations last year, and even if it was 30 animations in one year that is still sad. talk about slow unmotivated artists.

these animations consists of maybe 6 to 12 frames. wow they drew 360 frames in a whole year! what they work 1 hour a day? i could crank out one of these loops a day easy.

Last edited:

Omnikuken

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 22, 2018
111 days, which is nearly four months. And let's check in on how things are progressing...

:
View attachment 2402683

The tracker as of today:
View attachment 2402688

That's...not a lot of work completed. Assuming that the tracker is being kept up to date, that's the last writing task done, nine coding tasks done and eight added (yielding net progress of "one task"), and zero progress on either posing or art. That doesn't bode well. Even part-time I'd have expected at least a single posing task to get done, and word seems to be filtering out that it's going so catastrophically poorly that they're having to build automatic engines to speed things up. What sort of horrible fuckery have they done to the Ren'Py engine?

DC is either going to have to release another pre-tech update to keep the natives from getting restless, or he's looking at potentially an entire year of fiddling on Picarto while the project burns. I get that he doesn't want to be Mr. Big Business Manager and just wants to draw, but at some point you have to hire on a full-time person or two who know what they're doing.
The art bar didn't move for more than a year, expecting it to do otherwise is a bit moot. They hired 2 new posers to speed things up, seems like that wasn't enough. Coder can't do much if everything else gets bogged down (mostly the posing). DC won't hire another dude anyway. You'll have to cringe through the year and wait for stuff to happen or go the milker way and cry every day you're getting scammed. Nothing else will happen and nothing you do or say will change anything.

Whether or not DC knows/cares/worries about anything happening outside of the dev team is yet to be shown too. He blows at managing and won't seek outside help, you either cope with that or cry daily about it. Won't matter much to any1 else. Pledge or not, won't change much either

styggtuff12

Jul 12, 2017
when it was time for the tech update i decided not to play any of the small updates and wait for the update after the tech update because the tech update is mostly technical not story/character focused, it's been a year and a half or two years now, when is this update gonna drop? at this point he's just milking the patreons for all they're worth

• Angry
Reactions: gam2000

Omnikuken

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 22, 2018
when it was time for the tech update i decided not to play any of the small updates and wait for the update after the tech update because the tech update is mostly technical not story/character focused, it's been a year and a half or two years now, when is this update gonna drop? at this point he's just milking the patreons for all they're worth
Your loss, it'll be 2 years at the end of March, nobody knows and nope

StreamSteam

Engaged Member
Jun 24, 2022
DC has commissioned member(s?) of the community to animate certain older scenes as part of this update, which is pretty cool.
You mean the animations made by dildorog ? nope they will not appear in the official Summertime Saga build :cry:.
Dildo releases new STS animations several times a week, DC should hire such talented people.

4.10 star(s) 359 Votes