Omnikuken

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 22, 2018
Too right. The Tech Update is taking a while, sure, but when it does come out it'll give the whole game a fresh feel - which is why I'm waiting to replay the whole thing until then. Also, if posts in the Fan Art thread are true, DC has commissioned member(s?) of the community to animate certain older scenes as part of this update, which is pretty cool.
You'll have to replay it anyway and "hiring" randos for animation is pretty dubious

itsyeboii

Aug 23, 2017
Also, if posts in the Fan Art thread are true, DC has commissioned member(s?) of the community to animate certain older scenes as part of this update, which is pretty cool.
I'm very skeptical of that info, but it would be nice if the tech-update would have some extra meat on it other than purely upgraded tech-stuff. As long as the animations are high quality I'm all for it.

Also, kid named finger.

bigfootjr

Apr 1, 2018
Release date of the Pre tech update : 2025
Release date of the Pre tech update : 2077
I find it crazy how people say he isn't milking all those supporters and doing pretty much nothing, blah blah blah. and yet people agree with you. -_-
Well, I mean they make €58,477 PER MONTH just on Patreon. Pretty sure that many big indie companies don't even have that amount of money per month, for developing a single release.

STS is quite a long game with a lot of content, yes. But if they used that money exclusively for development, it would have been completed a long time ago. There is no doubt that they keep stretching it instead of completing it.

It's a great game and if I were the developer, I'd probably keep milking it for as long as I can and as long as people keep paying without questioning it.

But if people think about it with a bit of reality in mind, they can only come to the conclusion that this is insane.

Omnikuken

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 22, 2018
Well, I mean they make €58,477 PER MONTH just on Patreon. Pretty sure that many big indie companies don't even have that amount of money per month, for developing a single release.

STS is quite a long game with a lot of content, yes. But if they used that money exclusively for development, it would have been completed a long time ago. There is no doubt that they keep stretching it instead of completing it.

It's a great game and if I were the developer, I'd probably keep milking it for as long as I can and as long as people keep paying without questioning it.

But if people think about it with a bit of reality in mind, they can only come to the conclusion that this is insane.
Or that donations-based games don't work like anything else, so everything you type means nothing. And he's only on Patreon, so he's not even double dipping (or more) like most devs that have 5 pledge pages for the same game (but aren't milkers, apparently). Bias can go far for some dudes ......

And as said a few hundred times in last week : people do what they want with their pledges, DC does what he wants with those and you or any1 else isn't entitled to anything, crying about it here does nothing and even if it did, the devs don't care

PatreonTed

Jun 3, 2017
I'm curious how far DC is willing to let the monthly donations fall before telling the crew they need to release the tech update. He may have made a boatload of money, but it's not retirement money, at least not in Canada it isn't. Especially since he seems to be in a race with MC to see who can have more kids.

Omnikuken

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 22, 2018
I'm curious how far DC is willing to let the monthly donations fall before telling the crew they need to release the tech update. He may have made a boatload of money, but it's not retirement money, at least not in Canada it isn't. Especially since he seems to be in a race with MC to see who can have more kids.
He said he'd keep making the game even at 0$/month, so about there. And he won't release it anytime soon anyway, even if he gets to 0$ tomorrow, so no need to wonder when he'll tell the other devs to stop doing what they do and just dump a release 1/2assedly

spikeji

Nov 15, 2018
I've seen games getting a re-coding after a successful beta, and it may not always work out. Given the time it has already taken, I'm a little worried.

ToBeContinued

Sep 2, 2017
I don't know. Give this a 2 out of 10. It would be nice to have variety, rather than, if you do this for me, you will get the item you need, if you do this for me, you will get the item you need, if you do this for me, you will get the item you need, etc. etc. etc. Repetitively boring, endless fetch quests. Quality over quanity, having a bigger choice of scenes (sexual and non-sexual) with a few characters is superior, rather than fucking every female in town. How many games are out there already that do this. On a more personal note, the main character's bowl-cut, well only douche-bags get that sort of cut, and wearing flip-flops/tongs. Look I get he is somewhere between the age of 14-16, but making him so dense, as if he he beamed down from the stars just yesterday, is not really that funny or cute. Yes. I get it, there are those that have a fetish for being called names, and considered the lowest of lows, there is/was no need to make his sister be such a huge kunt toward him or the scene with Roxy and his sister cutting him down. For fucks sake, he just stands there like a tree and says avsolutely nothing nor his mother. Guess that has to do with, can not defend yourself or anything else against a woman due to that beinghow things currently are. The chemistry teacher calling everyone else basicly butt-picking, backwards, incest apes, again nobody says a damn word. This game loose its luster some-where between 2-4 hours of repetitive game-play, the one crutch that is relied on, fetch quests. I know I will be hated by some with using this comparison, so be it. Insexual Awakening did it right. With its smaller cast focus, and sticking mostly to incest and not spiraling out of control. Its more laser focused. As odd as this may sound about Summertime, it has too much(uneccessary) content. A good 50% should be cut. Especially the mafia connection. Let me get this right. Eek and Ook will randomly steal 2 dollars from you, yet you have all the time in the world with the debt. Sheesh. The whole mafia angle here does not work due to no working against some kind of clock or deadline. Though the creator(s) will not even take this into consideration, do not add more chicks to bang and/or fetch quests. Will not bother playing this game again even if it is one day completed. Now that I see how it has been developed. And I have over time around when this game was first introduced. And please, for the die-hards, defenders, SJWs, chilvarious knights and so on, stepping up to defend the game, do not present, "Oh yeah, well lets see you make such and such." That is always a non-counter argument. One does not have to be a creator in some capacity of what they are criticising. Type back all the responses you like, it will be to a non-responsive blank screen. Will use a bizarre example, "Murdering people is wrong." "Oh yeah? How do you know? Have you ever killed anyone?"................................................................

Last edited:

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
I know I will be hated by some with using this comparison, so be it. Insexual Awakening did it right. With its smaller cast focus, and sticking mostly to incest and not spiraling out of control. As odd as this may sound about Summertime, it has too much(uneccessary) content. A good 50% should be cut. Though the creator(s) will not even take this into consideration, do not add more chicks to bang and/or fetch quests.
Without going into too much depth, I'd just like to add that SS is a sandbox and as such it's up to the player to choose which stories to play and which to ignore. It's not like anybody forces you to play, let's say Diane's, Mia's or Erik's story if you only like Eve or Roxxy.

When it comes to the quests, it's indeed true that especially the updates up to 0.14.5 were/are pretty bad when it comes to quest design - then again, they'll be replaced at some point.

Edit: Oh boy this topic escalated quite a bit again. After reading most of it I'm sure, each individual pataron of DC will be happy that someone is taking righteous action here on F95 to stop them spending $2.36/month.

Last edited:

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
Though the creator(s) will not even take this into consideration
Not only will the developer not even take this into consideration, he won't even read it. Even should he come on here, he'd never really let on and hasn't written more than about a dozen messages on the site. Last being almost 2 years ago.
Will not bother playing this game again
No one cares, not even the developer.
You use that term. I do not think it means what you think it means.
Will use a bizarre example, "Murdering people is wrong."
You are correct. That is a bizarre example. It is also not comparable.

Without going into too much depth, I'd just like to add that SS is a sandbox and as such it's up to the player to choose which stories to play and which to ignore. It's not like anybody forces you to play, let's say Diane's, Mia's or Erik's story if you only like Eve or Roxxy.

When it comes to the quests, it's indeed true that especially the updates up to 0.14.5 were/are pretty bad when it comes to quest design - then again, they'll be replaced at some point.
White Knigh.... Oh wait, you didn't praise DC; you used actual criticism. That's not what you are supposed to do. /s

itsyeboii

Aug 23, 2017
Wait... Didn't he sad a loooong time ago that all the art for the tech update was done?? Or I am just tripping?
I remember something like that as well, but it could've been that all the art necessary for the tech-update (backgrounds, map, etc.) was done, and not all the unecessary extra art like some interiors that won't have a purpose anyways.

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
Wait... Didn't he sad a loooong time ago that all the art for the tech update was done?? Or I am just tripping?
Last he said anything on Patreon about the progress of art for the tech update was this: #64,761 from May last year. Also, there's always that mysterious 2%:
1676724569747.png
I remember something like that as well, but it could've been that all the art necessary for the tech-update (backgrounds, map, etc.) was done, and not all the unecessary extra art like some interiors that won't have a purpose anyways.
This makes a lot of sense - no purpose for the tech update, but perhaps a jump on other storylines. j4yj4m or hero1 probably know more.

I am surprised that no Judith or R(h)onda fans have made mention of DC working on this scene a couple weeks ago on Picarto (for either future update?)
1676725067000.png

4.10 star(s) 359 Votes