Jan 14, 2018
DC on stream yesterday when asked about tech update:
"We're probably going to be starting QA next week, which means we're testing the build and fixing it until it's stable"

:unsure:

Omnikuken

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 22, 2018
I agree this is a significant bunch of lost opportunities, but only when diligently taken in isolation by focusing just on pregnancy. There are at least three massive layers of failure burying this one.

First, the game is an abject failure at being kinky in general not just related to pregnancy. The game was centered on incest because that was hot in the market around 2016. The dev was always interested solely in what sells and slavishly bent over to Patreon's Fantasy Police when many others proeminent devs did not and survived. DC was never capable of writing and including spicy perversions. In terms of kinkiness, SS is store-brand vanilla icecream and nothing more. This intention of keeping it mild was expressed many times by the dev, perhaps most often when he was asked why there isn't more anal. That's where SS is. Anal is a bit too icky. Of course preg sex is bland.

Second, the game is a failure at presenting story lines as part of a pleasant, coherent whole that goes somewhere. Instead, the horrible "executive" decision was made long ago that story lines will just keep changing with each release as more content is added. This lead to the repulsive effect of spaghetti story lines where right from the start you can start a huge number of "quests" that will not only overwhelm your attention (basically, "every" screen you visit will trigger an event that advances a different story line) but you will also get the pregnant (heh) feeling that despite all these stories happening simultaneously, they don't overlap or influence each other in the least, destroying the suspension of disbelief. It's like you're reading a comic book made by mixing together several comic books from the same universe that minimally reference each other despite using the same characters. This is all a consequence of the putrid brain idea that the game is best changed willy nilly everywhere and anywhere with each new release. It's also a blatant show of zero artistic integrity and zero commitment to telling a well thought out story that unravels in an engaging and pleasant manner (he just piles shit on with every release, aimlessly stumbling around towards the next paycheck for as long as it works).

Thirdly, the whole project is a failure. Tech Update was supposed to take 2 releases when it was sold and put up vor vote. This was supposed to take about 8 months. We are a whopping 25 months away from when this vaporware was announced as being worked on (i.e. 14-Feb-2021). It's not just a monumental failure at hitting any kind of reasonable deadline but also a defiant show of disrespect to anyone who has ever supported this project in the meantime. There is no believable progress report in sight. Nobody saw any demo of a working game that would hint at where the actual-product-to-be-delivered stands. There is absolutely no shadow of promise, much less believable promise, for a release date.

I hope that now, having read the above, you feel a bit better about preg sex being lame because in context, that's a really small problem.
Nice novel that doesn't say anything relevant. Also, welcome to sandbox game(s), where no story is meant to work with any other. On top of incremental updates that add random stuff that doesn't need the rest of the game to work
You do realize that for every one of those posts there's a post like yours right?
You could just not reply if you really care that much about it
You do realize not posting trash in the 1st place would actually not make others reply to said trash ?

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
"We're probably going to be starting QA next week, which means we're testing the build and fixing it until it's stable"
Given that they'll literally have to re-test the whole game, there's almost certainly enough content done to test quite a few storylines and to iron out some bugs as soon as possible. As we don't have access to the detailed tracker, it's hard to tell which tasks are close to being completed and which aren't.

@manneychin:
Playing a game and criticising it for not having really kinky content, when the dev himselves says - since the beginning - that he doesn't want that, is like complaining about a painful poop after you've had really spicy food. You knew what you were doing and as such you really can't complain about the result afterwards.

The same is true for complaning about a sandbox game (that's still not finished, by the way) for not having detailed and linear stories. It's just besides the point. If you want that, play a proper VN, a kinetic VN or at least wait for the game to be finished, before you actually judge the stories as a whole?

There are so many games here on F95 that will suit your taste so much better, yet you complain here that this game isn't as you'd like it? That's like people who complain about NTR, when they are playing a game that's literally about NTR. It's just such a waste of time on their part...

Joltman320

Jul 7, 2021
Given that they'll literally have to re-test the whole game, there's almost certainly enough content done to test quite a few storylines and to iron out some bugs as soon as possible. As we don't have access to the detailed tracker, it's hard to tell which tasks are close to being completed and which aren't.

@manneychin:
Playing a game and criticising it for not having really kinky content, when the dev himselves says - since the beginning - that he doesn't want that, is like complaining about a painful poop after you've had really spicy food. You knew what you were doing and as such you really can't complain about the result afterwards.

The same is true for complaning about a sandbox game (that's still not finished, by the way) for not having detailed and linear stories. It's just besides the point. If you want that, play a proper VN, a kinetic VN or at least wait for the game to be finished, before you actually judge the stories as a whole?

There are so many games here on F95 that will suit your taste so much better, yet you complain here that this game isn't as you'd like it? That's like people who complain about NTR, when they are playing a game that's literally about NTR. It's just such a waste of time on their part...
amen, wiser words hasnt been spoken in ages, here at this forum

Reactions: XoticRealmZ

Omnikuken

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 22, 2018

:unsure:
Glad to know we're finally at the part where the total tracker % goes down to ~50 and we get the debug line with 400+ tasks in it. The butthurt will be legendary

DP57

Jul 9, 2020
So I told myself I'd "wait until the tech update is done" before I'd come back to this game, which was well over a year ago now..so that's a thing.

Should I just go ahead and download what is currently available? Since it seems like the tech update is still probably a long way away. I did really enjoy the game the last time I played, and I know there have been some (small?) changes and mini updates here and there since then..but I'm still kinda on the fence about wasting my time in case the update does suddenly come soon, since last I checked saves still don't work between updates..I can only re-play a game so many times.

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
So I told myself I'd "wait until the tech update is done" before I'd come back to this game, which was well over a year ago now..so that's a thing.

Should I just go ahead and download what is currently available? Since it seems like the tech update is still probably a long way away. I did really enjoy the game the last time I played, and I know there have been some (small?) changes and mini updates here and there since then..but I'm still kinda on the fence about wasting my time in case the update does suddenly come soon, since last I checked saves still don't work between updates..I can only re-play a game so many times.
Saves have worked between updates for years - as has been commented in this thread for years. If all you want is to see the new content, just unlock the cookie jar using the WIFI symbol in the game cell phone.

It's up to you, but the tech update will most likely mean you will have to start over at the beginning because of the rewrite of the code.

Omnikuken

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 22, 2018
wow, at this point the Annie update won't be out till next next springtime. Two years waiting for it.
Lol, we might not even get the tech update by the end of the year. And you gotta get past R(h)onda's update to get to Annie's, no way you'll get both of them by this time next year.

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
Should I just go ahead and download what is currently available?
I wouldn't do it. If you replay the game now, there's a risk you'll be bored by the tech update, as there'll be a ton of new details, but they won't be so significant to massively change these stories.
As mentioned, saves have been working during these last 4 years, yet, they almost certainly won't be usable this time.

Reactions: itsyeboii

KillerBee487

Sep 18, 2022
Since we are in 100% shit on the Dev mode here, I'll contribute.

The way this game handles pregnancy is laughably bad, except its not funny, not at all. As in, it is guilty of the greatest sin a video game can commit, not being enjoyable. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying it has to be fun. I'm sure not all of us were having 'fun' when Joel's daughter died in our arms in 'The Last of Us' or when Alma Wade was chasing us through shadowed buildings in 'F.E.A.R'. But those games were enjoyable, and so were those moments.

SS punishes you for getting girls pregnant. It talks up a warning that pregnancy in the game is 'serious' and you'll notice the effects. Except it isn't and you won't. The only effect is that it takes viable women OUT of the game (removes content) which is a mortal sin by anyone's estimation. But after you simply wait (you don't even have to visit the kid at the hospital or ever even ACT as a parent) the girl comes back and is slutting it up for you again, ready and willing to push out another bastard.

Two possibilities exist for this absurd dichotomy. Either the Dev hates Preg content and wants as little to do with it as possible, including not allowing pregnant sex (which is insane, and does a disservice, many of us, men and women, WANT to sleep with our LI while pregnant, both in the game and IRL) and barely allowing any special interaction at all, they aren't given different content, they aren't allowed to keep their old content, they're just stripped of basically anything they had while you wait for them to bounce back, and their kid to disappear into nursery school, never to be mentioned again.

The other possibility (the more accurate one, I expect) is the Dev is fucking lazy as hell. Doesn't want to make multiple models or modify existing sex scenes (what a fucking loser, watching some of these girls ride the MC with a bump, would be hot as hell) or make any effort at all. All under the guise of 'pregnancy has consequences'.

TLDR. The Dev is pretty lazy and it shows in their work. He also tries to cover this fact up with excuses.
Man as always, preggo lovers are always so noisy and clangerous.

McSlut

Aug 12, 2018
You are still too optimistic. Best case scenario, he finishes Ronda next year.
he should come out and say that the tech update is not going to be finished this year. he must have a basic timeframe by now on when it will be finished, he probably just doesn't want to scare more patreons away

itsyeboii

Aug 23, 2017
Man as always, preggo lovers are always so noisy and clangerous.
I mean, if you're gonna add pregnancy into the game at least do it right. I share the guy's opinion that pregnancy restricts you and doesn't add anything meaningful in return, at least there has been some pregnancy sex added by now but I really hope DC ups the ante when it comes to preggo content.

Aug 19, 2020
I mean, if you're gonna add pregnancy into the game at least do it right. I share the guy's opinion that pregnancy restricts you and doesn't add anything meaningful in return, at least there has been some pregnancy sex added by now but I really hope DC ups the ante when it comes to preggo content.
It does add something meaningful: Impregnation. Impregnation is a very popular tag in and of itself. In fact, i'm pretty sure it's a lot more popular overall, even if most people who like it aren't quite as obsessed as proper pregnancy lovers.

Reactions: HB38 and MangaKing
4.10 star(s) 359 Votes