Username7

May 1, 2017
Thanks again, that's a fascinating look inside. Do you know if most of the "censored" items belong to the pre-tech material or the proper tech update itself? If it's the latter, there could be a substantial amount of refreshed/remastered content in the final tech update build.

Also, you should probably send DC an invoice for doing his job in updating the general public. :ROFLMAO: Seriously, his patrons shouldn't have to divine the state of the update from a redacted task list and the occasional tidbit amidst 2+ hours of casual art streams.
Based on when it's added the majority is pre-tech stuff but there are a few censored task that are all alone with random numbers so who knows also the day to day changes they log are also sometimes censored.
Edit: Because I forgot to mention it in an earlier post. Now that Stray's started rewiring Debbie I can use the time it takes him to get an idea on how long each character will take.

Last edited:
Reactions: MurkyTurtle

Omnikuken

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 22, 2018
The censored lines were always the smex stuff. He doesn't stream them and they don't reveal what they are. All of those screencap'd are either older scenes "remade" for 16:9 or the pre-tech stuff rejigged for the wider screen. There won't be new scenes only made for the tech build

itsyeboii

Aug 23, 2017
so we are on 0.20.16 alpha build of this game. 7 years of development hell and the game is only 21% complete.... and now abandoned LOL the poor marks still paying a monthly fee for nothing.
The game isn't in alpha at all, not sure where you're getting that from. It's pretty polished except for the lack of audio in many places, and of course the small aspect ratio and some behind the scenes spaghetti code, hence why there's a tech-update. Nor has it been in development hell for 7 years, it's gotten consistent updates for all of those years.

It's also not 21% complete, there's a lot of content that's already finished, not many games have as much content as SS.

You're holding this game to traditional standards when there's one guy that draws and manages the game while there's a couple other dudes doing all the rest part-time, you can donate if you want, or not, because the game is completely free to download for everyone. I know this might be a little much for you so please don't drown in your own drool when wrapping your head around this otherworldly concept.
we can tell who is a paying mark in here LOL ;) and build number is % done. it always has been. when it gets to build 1.0 the game is complete. we at 0.20.16 so about 21% done. DC is taking yall for a ride! LOL
That's not how it works at all. No software developer is going to calculate exactly how many builds it's going to take to get to 1.0, nor will they restrict themselves to 100 builds for the sake of some rule you literally just made up. Build versions are nothing but symbols to communicate that this build is different from the last, devs call something 1.0 whenever they want.
even if you have only been paying him a dollar a month for the last few years you have still paid too much for this game. it's a 10 dollar game at best. yall got took for a ride. it's dorky cartoon art i'm just here for lolz. these bitches aren't even hot. just trying to help you save money out here. i'm out see you next week!
I can tell you that the vast majority of people here aren't patrons of DC. Even then, people can do with their money whatever they want, just because you have different taste doesn't mean people are getting shafted, it just means you don't think it's worth donating to.

The game's in a rough spot right now because they underestimated how much work it would take to essentially revisit every piece of art and code to rework it. Among that there's definitely criticism to be had, but at the end none of that matters because you're not paying for anything, you're donating to show support and/or appreciation for what he's doing, that doesn't mean he's obligated to change what he's doing.

Imagine a lot of people donate money to a street musician every time they come by because they like his music, he isn't suddenly obligated to do certain things to appease people who donate, he just does his thing and if people donate they donate, if they don't they don't, no matter how much money he collects from all those people tossing some change his way.

Omnikuken

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 22, 2018
The game isn't in alpha at all, not sure where you're getting that from. It's pretty polished except for the lack of audio in many places, and of course the small aspect ratio and some behind the scenes spaghetti code, hence why there's a tech-update. Nor has it been in development hell for 7 years, it's gotten consistent updates for all of those years.

It's also not 21% complete, there's a lot of content that's already finished, not many games have as much content as SS.

You're holding this game to traditional standards when there's one guy that draws and manages the game while there's a couple other dudes doing all the rest part-time, you can donate if you want, or not, because the game is completely free to download for everyone. I know this might be a little much for you so please don't drown in your own drool when wrapping your head around this otherworldly concept.

That's not how it works at all. No software developer is going to calculate exactly how many builds it's going to take to get to 1.0, nor will they restrict themselves to 100 builds for the sake of some rule you literally just made up. Build versions are nothing but symbols to communicate that this build is different from the last, devs call something 1.0 whenever they want.

I can tell you that the vast majority of people here aren't patrons of DC. Even then, people can do with their money whatever they want, just because you have different taste doesn't mean people are getting shafted, it just means you don't think it's worth donating to.

The game's in a rough spot right now because they underestimated how much work it would take to essentially revisit every piece of art and code to rework it. Among that there's definitely criticism to be had, but at the end none of that matters because you're not paying for anything, you're donating to show support and/or appreciation for what he's doing, that doesn't mean he's obligated to change what he's doing.

Imagine a lot of people donate money to a street musician every time they come by because they like his music, he isn't suddenly obligated to do certain things to appease people who donate, he just does his thing and if people donate they donate, if they don't they don't, no matter how much money he collects from all those people tossing some change his way.
Quoted dude as yet to post something that's not false/flamebait/pure trollage/out of his ass. It's a wonder he's not chat banned yet

Rahiluk

Oct 3, 2020
How do you get this scene?

SCR_SumSaga_006.jpg

This is before the new barn is built and you do not get her the cow suit until after the barn is built...right?

gam2000

Apr 12, 2021
Literally my first.
But keep defending the contentless game from the bottom of your heart, its getting really cute.
What's the point of condemming or supporting the artist or game here? It changes nothing and just flares up people.

XCelesX

Jun 2, 2020
What's the point of condemming or supporting the artist or game here? It changes nothing and just flares up people.
Well he is right though. The dev slowed down extremely, updates are super short and have barely any content. I mean how many "pre"updates does he need till he does actually what people are waiting for?
Oh wait! It expands the time the game can make money for him indefinetly even though the story is pretty much over.
Giving the last characters a conclusion and maybe Roxxy a pregnancy scene would have been done way sooner, but spreading stuff out with nothing will give him more patreon money without having to invent a new product (game)

Omnikuken

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 22, 2018
Well he is right though. The dev slowed down extremely, updates are super short and have barely any content. I mean how many "pre"updates does he need till he does actually what people are waiting for?
Oh wait! It expands the time the game can make money for him indefinetly even though the story is pretty much over.
Giving the last characters a conclusion and maybe Roxxy a pregnancy scene would have been done way sooner, but spreading stuff out with nothing will give him more patreon money without having to invent a new product (game)
Not even gonna ask if you even tried to read the last ~2 pages, but this is pretty low effort, even for a milker-fest like this place.

"He slowed down" : no shit he did, 1 dude has to recode the whole game while waiting for other dudes to reformat every scene. Part-time. And no, DC's not gonna hire 20 dudes to (not) speed up anything.

"He's only in for the $" : sure he is, he lost over 14k/month since the tech update started and he didn't do anything to alleviate it.

Removing 1's own head from 1's own ass before posting hot garbage should be a basic step, but lolnope in here

itsyeboii

Aug 23, 2017
Except he isn't right in any way whatsoever.

Summertime Saga has more content than the vast majority of games on this site. And the pre-tech updates had multiple fully animated scenes in them.

You're free to speculate if DC is taking advantage of the situation to get more money before people lose interest in SS after the fan favorite content is released. I know I have. The problem starts when you conclude that that is the only possibility. People often exaggerate or straight up lie about the "scam", which is very telling.

Omnikuken

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 22, 2018
Gotta love me some milker logic : instead of doing the stuff people voted for (like Annie and Judith, then the rest of the remakes) even if it takes them a few more years, let's just dump the last 2 years of recode (plus the entire game at this point) and start a new game with nothing, while also pissing off the entire Patron roster into leaving, so no income for DC and he'd then have to code the "game" himself (check pre 0.10 builds if you need proof this is beyond fail) ...........

Not only is it 1 of the dumbest thing ever, it'll take even longer to get to where we are with Summertime. You brainlets realize DC would take more than a year just to do the art for this "new game" ? While having the poser/coder do jacksquat, and possibly leaving. So DC will then have to hire new dudes, which will delay it even more .........

Reactions: XoticRealmZ
4.10 star(s) 359 Votes