Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
I don't remember the version cause I'm not playing for a long time because of this bug or something.I will try to format my pc.
No. I'm 99.9999% sure that your PC isn't the problem - you'll be wasting your time and potentially causing more problems for you in your daily life.

Just share a zip file of your saves, at the minimum, and I'll see if I can gather what is what.

Rickster82

Sep 10, 2017
OK folks, now real talk: Do any of you think that the development of the game will go on as normal at some point? Personally, I think the thing is done. From time to time there will be pre tech updates but a continuation of the story? Nope!

Janjaap1

Sep 2, 2018
OK folks, now real talk: Do any of you think that the development of the game will go on as normal at some point? Personally, I think the thing is done. From time to time there will be pre tech updates but a continuation of the story? Nope!
Wich development? The game is being milked and is totally dying.
A few wallpapers every two months and everybody is happy again.
And then the guards over here wich remove every post with criticism says enough for me.

SonicBoom

Dec 9, 2020
There is no story. The story is silly. Not interesting and ambitious enough for a game so big. The dev has been expanding the "story" for years with filling material and nonsenses, like the update about Trump family, the update about mermaids or the update about the shemale. This game is called "summertime saga". It should be a light game to play during summer holidays, with a bit of incest and a bit of cliché high school stuff. Nothing too serious. Not the messed up monstrosity it is right now. This is the classic case of "killed by success".

Last edited:

itsyeboii

Aug 23, 2017
And then the guards over here wich remove every post with criticism says enough for me.
There's plenty of posts with criticism that don't get deleted. Correlation isn't causation.

Reactions: AlucarBless

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
When people use actual arguments about their criticism instead of some whiny knee-jerk emotional feeling-oppressed-about-a-free-game "milked" crying (which is off-topic) - the comments stay up.
1690121011488.png
Amazing, when people follow the rules - they don't get their hands slapped.

There's no way this game is going to "die". This is something the guy enjoys doing - he enjoys drawing the art, he enjoys thinking up new story ideas for the game, etc. You don't let something die that you enjoy doing.

He sucks as a project manager but, at the same time, he's not going to force something forward when doing that in the past has put the game in the situation where it is now that is requiring this overhaul of the game. The hodge-podge of coding by many different hands over the past 6+ years is one reason why its taking so long to undue all the frankenstein-ing in the past. Also, it's several million words of code that needs to be tightened. It's 16,000-20,000 image layers that need reposed into the new 16:9 display ratio. etc etc etc

It's going to take time. Just like going to a healthy weight if a person is 100 pounds overweight - it took time to eat all those doritos and cupcakes and drink all those sodas. It's going to take a good amount of time to reduce that waistline in a healthy way with the goal of keeping it off instead of just using some fad diet that will create more health problems down the line (and probably bloat back up again in the near future).

I am not saying the developer is altruistic or a saint - but aren't there better things to discuss or have enriching conversation about? (don't answer that - it's rhetorical)

phoenixman123

Feb 10, 2019
Nope the tech update is just to make the game widescreen and to clean up the code. She will have her own update for the rework.
Based on some of the new wallpapers and streams I’d argue we’re going to see at least a partial update to her art and content as DC has drawn updated imagery and models for older scenes and we’re also going to see a new shower scene for Debbie. Being one of my favourite characters in the game I’d hope the tech update includes a complete overhaul to her assets, but we can only dream…

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
Man, I'll be real. I've played plenty of games that weren't wide-screen. Idk why DC decided to take the time for the tech update when he could've just started a new project from scratch and a solid foundation after this one was done.
It's been shared that the android mobile market is the largest single demographic playing Summertime Saga. The mobile market is 16:9/16:10 display ratio. The mobile market is also the fastest growing and largest gaming market (in numbers and in $$$) in the world. And it continues to outpace all other gaming markets.

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
Is it true the current coder working on the game is only a part time hire?
Yup. With the artist, writer, posers assisting in some areas that are adjacent to their work.

Here's the report on code for the past two months (July's report due in about a week or so).
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

4.10 star(s) 359 Votes