Vodayo

Dec 5, 2017
When people use actual arguments about their criticism instead of some whiny knee-jerk emotional feeling-oppressed-about-a-free-game "milked" crying (which is off-topic) - the comments stay up.
View attachment 2793534
Amazing, when people follow the rules - they don't get their hands slapped.

There's no way this game is going to "die". This is something the guy enjoys doing - he enjoys drawing the art, he enjoys thinking up new story ideas for the game, etc. You don't let something die that you enjoy doing.

He sucks as a project manager but, at the same time, he's not going to force something forward when doing that in the past has put the game in the situation where it is now that is requiring this overhaul of the game. The hodge-podge of coding by many different hands over the past 6+ years is one reason why its taking so long to undue all the frankenstein-ing in the past. Also, it's several million words of code that needs to be tightened. It's 16,000-20,000 image layers that need reposed into the new 16:9 display ratio. etc etc etc

It's going to take time. Just like going to a healthy weight if a person is 100 pounds overweight - it took time to eat all those doritos and cupcakes and drink all those sodas. It's going to take a good amount of time to reduce that waistline in a healthy way with the goal of keeping it off instead of just using some fad diet that will create more health problems down the line (and probably bloat back up again in the near future).

I am not saying the developer is altruistic or a saint - but aren't there better things to discuss or have enriching conversation about? (don't answer that - it's rhetorical)
I understand the scale of the challenge. But this is not a normal situation. I've been following the development of the game for years. I've lost contact with her now. I don't care what happens next or when. Maybe in a year, maybe in five years. For many people the game is dead. It should be finished and reworked only after it is finished. However, this situation it is not profitable for developers.

Hero1

"I'm in the wrong place at the wrong time."
Donor
Sep 20, 2017
Can someone tell me how much the patreons paid for every wallpaper on average?
That's not really easy to answer.

There are currently 97 wallpapers on the Kompas site. That section is only available to $10 and more Patrons. However, he started posting them before that section existed.
The first official wallpaper post was for this gold nugget on October 31st in 2018. That's 55 months. However, I can't determine which tier got access to these posts, it could have been lower back then.
The section for wallpapers was created in February 2019. That's 52 months.
So, depending on your perspective it's either 55 times $10 divided by 97 wallpapers which equals $5,67 per wallpaper or 52 times $10 dollars divided by 97 wallpapers which comes out to $5,36 per wallpaper.

That's only a very basic way to view things, though...

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
Most of these wallpapers aren't meant to be wallpapers in the first place anyway. It's just DC's way to pre-release some ingame art.

Mooniebutt

Oct 28, 2017
The issue is that DC constantly updates character art when he ought to be concentrating on the narrative, unexplored characters, and the game's substance.
Yeah, I pulled the plug on my Patreon support after the n-th "Just checking in to tell y'all I haven't died yet. No new update tho lol ;)" No, I don't know how much work is involved in making a game like this, and yes, I understand that (most) everyone has a life beyond the coomer grind, but fuck man, I've thrown enough money into that well without anything popping out in return.

blarghhboy

Mar 28, 2018
I think I started playing this game about 5 years ago or something now? Maybe more? To see that it's still only this far along is, frankly, a complete joke.

We're going to have TE6 before this game hits the halfway mark. Embarrassing stuff.

• Haha
Reactions: somewhereunfair

Patillaverde01

Jun 20, 2023
Hey hello I played this game like a thousand years ago, I'm just curious about something. Has there been any progress yet with the lifeguard scene? lmao

MurkyTurtle

Jul 28, 2017
Hey hello I played this game like a thousand years ago, I'm just curious about something. Has there been any progress yet with the lifeguard scene? lmao
The lifeguard (Cassie? I think there's a name change pending but I can't be arsed to look for it) will be fleshed out in Ronda's update, which is scheduled to come after the tech update is complete. Which means we should have it sometime between tomorrow and the heat death of the universe, so if you're waiting on that you'd best head elsewhere for another thousand years or so :p.

Reactions: Patillaverde01

Mika2820270

Nov 1, 2022
How about dc do so extra scenes for the Girls Who never had one.
I know that it will tak additional time to complete the tech update but at least it with shup some people up.

linr1816

May 6, 2022
I totally agree that this game should be required.But don't forget patreons had paid for this in past dozen of months.
Yes,their future game experience might be better.But now the experience have been improved is the people who haven't played this game.At the same time what patreons mainly got are wallpapers made by in-game art!How ridiculous!
Now in patreon,DC still has 63270 dollar income per month,it really makes me laugh.

Xupuzulla

Aug 1, 2022
New general rules!?
We all love Darkcookie here,right guys?:HideThePain:
Take all the time you want,king.:whistle:

4.10 star(s) 359 Votes