Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
That's the stage they've been at a year ago or so. Since then, they've grown even more complacent, to the point of releasing just a few wallpapers every few months.

The reason i've decided to call out your claim was i found it absolutely unbelievable you're being genuine. No one on this forum should have any trouble grasping the concept people around here refer to as "milking", considering it pops up inevitably in thread for any game with slow rate of development, and gets discussed ad nauseam and at length.

And no, i had no interest in "presenting one reason" i.e. perpetuating this nonsense for yet another cycle. If you really have failed to understand the presented concept until now, then reading about it yet again is unlikely to change anything in this regard.
I have no failure of understanding of the concept. What I do not understand is how it applies to this title. Because none of the concept of milking applies to this title, that I can see. To quote Inigo Montoya, people "keep using that word, I do not think it means what" they think it means.

Such as your perception that you think they've grown complacent (whether true or not)... that would not be an example of milking as the wallpapers you mention are specifically membership/subscriber perks which they are fulfilling. And I am aware you were not implying it as such - just using it as an example.

FaptainAmerica

Jul 17, 2017
Yo, I made a mod that allows the player to knock up Trans Eve.

Disclaimer: this isn't a political statement and is purely fetish shit. Go nuts.
Feel free to include this in any mods or publicly released works.

To install:
1) Make a bunch of folders (don't think it matters if they're empty) to the following directory
game\scripts\characters\eve\scene

2) Put Sex_Scenes.rpy in
game\scripts\characters\eve

3) Put sex_wake and sex_shower in
game\scripts\characters\eve\scene

Senigata

Feb 4, 2017
No, I am honestly confused and yes, I've been on this thread a long time. And I've tried to understand but no one has made a convincing claim. It's not bullshit. I don't understand how someone can claim someone is milking another when there is nothing milked. That's why I'm asking. Simply claiming that "millking" is occurring doesn't mean that it is. There has to be something behind the belief and I haven't seen anyone present anything which supports that.

And even though it's been stated by moderators that its off-topic, people get their comments about milking deleted at times, the claim still continues even by those who have had their off-topic claims removed by moderators - but nothing I have seen demonstrates why they think milking actually is happening.

And the fact that you chose to attack me rather than to present one reason is telling.
By their logic, churches also milk people by getting donations

• Angry
Reactions: BeaAndNessa
Aug 4, 2023
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Bro, she was a totally DIFFERENT character in the early versions. Just play 0.14.5 and see it yourself.

View attachment 2886857
View attachment 2886859

View attachment 2886860
View attachment 2886861

So, which is DC's wife? cool & smart Eve or shy & dejected Eve?

Just wondering when you guys stop believing in DC's bullshit.
I'm just repeting what he said, I never stated that is true, and anyway it can totally be the reworked Eve, I don't know why you say all this as if it's impossible that DC thought: "Eve needs a redesign of appearance and personality, you know what? she reminds me a little bit of my wife, let me base it a little bit on her".

And again I'm NOT saying this is true, is just what he is saying.

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
By their logic, churches also milk people by getting donations
Now that's something I'd actually understand as a. Tithing to keep in good graces with the church so that you think you will get into everlasting paradise. Or the whole concept of the prosperity gospel ("plant a seed by sending in $100 to my church today, and see it grow seven-fold in return to you") is a milking machine.

tokuin

Mar 21, 2018
To be fair, they have to basically fix 4 or 5 years worth of bad coding and rework pretty much all the art in the game. Before he decided to do the tech update, his release schedule wasn't that bad for a hand drawn game. The problem is that he really underestimated the amount of work that it takes to fix all those things and said that the tech update would be done in around 9 months. And now 2 years later it's still not close to being finished.
Not really. The game isn't that complex. If the code was really that bad, they could just start over from scratch, reuse the assets and be done in a couple months.

Reactions: Chili_Chale_Cholo

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
Not really. The game isn't that complex. If the code was really that bad, they could just start over from scratch, reuse the assets and be done in a couple months.
(Overheard from DC's computer desk) "Fuck! Why didn't we think of that?!"
Scraps everything. Starts anew.

There are about 19,500 images in this simple game. Several hundred of which needed reworked to 16:9 display ratio and almost all of them posed to match. Also --
There are 1,630 code files... 635 scripts in the characters directory, 695 in the locations directory, and 73 in the minigames directory. Those 1,403 files are "content". The other 227 files mostly contain functions that get called by the content scripts.
In the end, most of the coding probably will have been rewritten from scratch - using the original code only as a reference for charting story progression, variable tracking, and calling images for display. All the while deciphering what the previous half dozen or so previous coders had patched together over the half dozen or so years.

So while you may think it's not that complex, the 970 MB of images and 26.2 MB of text files (about 300,000-400,000 lines of code or approximately 2 million words) for the coding is a vast amount of data to go through to make sure everything is reworked correctly. That takes time.

Aug 4, 2023
(Overheard from DC's computer desk) "Fuck! Why didn't we think of that?!"
Scraps everything. Starts anew.

There are about 19,500 images in this simple game. Several hundred of which needed reworked to 16:9 display ratio and almost all of them posed to match. Also --

In the end, most of the coding probably will have been rewritten from scratch - using the original code only as a reference for charting story progression, variable tracking, and calling images for display. All the while deciphering what the previous half dozen or so previous coders had patched together over the half dozen or so years.

So while you may think it's not that complex, the 970 MB of images and 26.2 MB of text files (about 300,000-400,000 lines of code or approximately 2 million words) for the coding is a vast amount of data to go through to make sure everything is reworked correctly. That takes time.
Yeah, but no 3 years complex, DC has the resources to have completed this a year and a half ago.

Reactions: altair321 and D2K

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
Yeah, but no 3 years complex, DC has the resources to have completed this a year and a half ago.
I'm not arguing the level of complexity, I'm stating that it's a helluva lot of data to comb through. Also, you say that - but you don't know that. You are making an assumption but promoting it as an absolute.

I hold the expert opinions of the established modders of Summertime Saga with greater credibility than others.

Reactions: XoticRealmZ

Senigata

Feb 4, 2017
Big words. Care to back up that claim?

Oh now it's 3 years? I thought the other day it was 2. Can you guys actually make up your minds?

Last edited:
Reactions: XoticRealmZ

kikilake12

Jun 1, 2020
I clearly wrote: "DC has the resources to have completed this a year and a half ago"
I don't have the resources that DC have, I think it is clearly self-explanatory.
and i think you just need to wait your on this site not a paying patreon you don't know where the money the patreon gets goes to so how bout you stop bitching.

• Angry
Reactions: BeaAndNessa
Aug 4, 2023
I'm not arguing the level of complexity, I'm stating that it's a helluva lot of data to comb through. Also, you say that - but you don't know that. You are making an assumption but promoting it as an absolute.

I hold the expert opinions of the established modders of Summertime Saga with greater credibility than others.
Regardless of the opinions of game modders, they don't have the power that DC has over his game (money, hiring, etc) to speed it up, so clearly for them it takes a good time to get it done but DC can speed it up everything because he has all this, which is my argument and I repeat: "DC has the resources to have finished this a year and a half ago".

Aug 4, 2023
Oh now it's 3 years? I thought the other day it was 2. Can you guys actually make up your minds?
I say three years (being optimistic) because I think the game will be released in March 2024 but in present time it is 2 and a half years.

If you believe that this update will be completed in some time in the remainder of the year I think you are one of the most optimistic people about this game that I have ever seen.

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
Regardless of the opinions of game modders, they don't have the power that DC has over his game (money, hiring, etc) to speed it up, so clearly for them it takes a good time to get it done but DC can speed it up everything because he has all this, which is my argument and I repeat: "DC has the resources to have finished this a year and a half ago".
You don't know how much it would cost to get the job done in the timeline you would like it done. You don't know how many staff it would require. You don't know how much money DC has. Again, while you can have an opinion - it's better to have a well-informed one otherwise you're just filling your britches.

Hell, had DC been better informed, he wouldn't have thought it would take only a few months in the first place. If he - from the inside with his knowledge and experience within his own creation - was mistaken... many of us on the outside are even more in error in whatever assumption we might attempt to make.

4.10 star(s) 359 Votes