Marphey

May 13, 2019
Never said it was, just pointing out that it ain't high roller money. There's a persistent undercurrent in this thread that DC has a money bin full of Patreon bux that he swims around in like Scrooge McDuck, and I figured it'd be helpful to point out that the only way you're living in a mansion full of sports cars at that income level is if you're financed up to your eyeballs. I'm in full agreement that DC has heavily mismanaged the project, though.

Man, anybody got something on-topic they want to bring us back around to? Shitposting about income levels and project management is fun and all, but I come to this thread mostly for titties.

Edit: Let's talk Annie. DC posted this a long while back and I still think it's one of the hottest goddamn things he's ever made. What do people want out of her story?

View attachment 2891459
I just want to fuck her mom

phill_leotardo

Dec 20, 2019
Never said it was, just pointing out that it ain't high roller money. There's a persistent undercurrent in this thread that DC has a money bin full of Patreon bux that he swims around in like Scrooge McDuck, and I figured it'd be helpful to point out that the only way you're living in a mansion full of sports cars at that income level is if you're financed up to your eyeballs. I'm in full agreement that DC has heavily mismanaged the project, though.

Man, anybody got something on-topic they want to bring us back around to? Shitposting about income levels and project management is fun and all, but I come to this thread mostly for titties.

Edit: Let's talk Annie. DC posted this a long while back and I still think it's one of the hottest goddamn things he's ever made. What do people want out of her story?

View attachment 2891459
Tough call between Roxxy and Jenny. Look at those goddamn things:

View attachment 2891468

That's four lethal weapons in one screenshot. Being sandwiched in there would make me die a happy man, come back to life to spread the word of Boobie, then die again.
Every young girl that has big tits, usually has small asses in this game. Why can't we have both

Reactions: lexlutha

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
so why is no one hating on kompass when they are the one's controlling everything behind the scenes?
Kompass Productions is DarkCookie's company.

Better?
59u2qvrqhxk61.gif
I'm calling out shitty behaviour. I never got the numbers he got, but it's not jealousy. I never got the numbers ICSTOR got or Bones got or Gumdrop got either, but those have been recognised as scammers. It's not jealousy, it's a warning that this is Vaporware. You are white knighting someone who has taken his fans for a ride. If his coder is full time, he should be done by now. This is not that complicated a game and 2 years is plenty of time to rewrite it, and yet it isn't done. His monthly updates say nothing and are just a wordy form of his patronising previous update that simply said "soon".

I honestly don't care what you think of me. My record stands for itself. You can search my post history and see that I was always honest with my followers, including when I literally told them to stop donating because I couldn't deliver. I was honest when it actually cost me money. What I never did was string people on with "Soon" for two whole years.

You're active in Breadman's thread, you know what a good, honest developer looks like. Why are you bothering here?
I am whiteknighting no one. There is nothing that subscribers get in gameplaying benefits. NOTHING. Subscribers are well aware of this. They get fewer than 24 hours of early access when an update is released and use of subscriber-only servers to download from. That's it in terms of the game. Nothing else.

What scam is there? DC isn't holding the game hostage for people to subscribe more. It's free on his website for everyone - as it always has been. Again, you are a developer and are fully aware of the purpose of Patreon and Subscribestar and other sites. It's not about access to any product - unless the creator makes it that way, and DC doesn't make it that way. His product is free for everyone. Yes, the subscribers make that possible.

You aren't calling out shitty behavior, you're displaying shitty behavior. You can't understand the basic idea of being a patron. Of a person supporting an artist simply because they like the work the artist is doing - with little to no strings attached. This is no different than tossing a buck into a busker's hat every Monday on your way out of the subway station simply because you like the music the musician is playing. It's free for everyone because of the few that toss a buck into the hat.

As for the other developer at the end of your comment - he has also been accused of exactly the same thing you are accusing DC of. Almost EVERY single developer on this site gets the accusation. Whenever it takes a year longer, a month longer, a week longer ... or even a day longer ... than the person making the accusation thinks it should take. The person bitches that a developer is a scam artist or a milker while they pine away wanting to download the developer's hard work without paying a single penny. The fucking irony of it.

Poggersq

May 2, 2022
Kompass Productions is DarkCookie's company.
Better?
View attachment 2891461
I am whiteknighting no one. There is nothing that subscribers get in gameplaying benefits. NOTHING. Subscribers are well aware of this. They get fewer than 24 hours of early access when an update is released and use of subscriber-only servers to download from. That's it in terms of the game. Nothing else.

What scam is there? DC isn't holding the game hostage for people to subscribe more. It's free on his website for everyone - as it always has been. Again, you are a developer and are fully aware of the purpose of Patreon and Subscribestar and other sites. It's not about access to any product - unless the creator makes it that way, and DC doesn't make it that way. His product is free for everyone. Yes, the subscribers make that possible.

You aren't calling out shitty behavior, you're displaying shitty behavior. You can't understand the basic idea of being a patron. Of a person supporting an artist simply because they like the work the artist is doing - with little to no strings attached. This is no different than tossing a buck into a busker's hat every Monday on your way out of the subway station simply because you like the music the musician is playing. It's free for everyone because of the few that toss a buck into the hat.

As for the other developer at the end of your comment - he has also been accused of exactly the same thing you are accusing DC of. Almost EVERY single developer on this site gets the accusation. Whenever it takes a year longer, a month longer, a week longer ... or even a day longer ... than the person making the accusation thinks it should take. The person bitches that a developer is a scam artist or a milker while they pine away wanting to download the developer's hard work without paying a single penny.
you can impregnate the three of them? cause i tried it don't work like that.

CUNTBLAZER420

Jan 24, 2020
I'm calling out shitty behaviour. I never got the numbers he got, but it's not jealousy. I never got the numbers ICSTOR got or Bones got or Gumdrop got either, but those have been recognised as scammers. It's not jealousy, it's a warning that this is Vaporware. You are white knighting someone who has taken his fans for a ride. If his coder is full time, he should be done by now. This is not that complicated a game and 2 years is plenty of time to rewrite it, and yet it isn't done. His monthly updates say nothing and are just a wordy form of his patronising previous update that simply said "soon".

I honestly don't care what you think of me. My record stands for itself. You can search my post history and see that I was always honest with my followers, including when I literally told them to stop donating because I couldn't deliver. I was honest when it actually cost me money. What I never did was string people on with "Soon" for two whole years.

You're active in Breadman's thread, you know what a good, honest developer looks like. Why are you bothering here?
Sounds like DC's biggest issue is he didn't hire you to code it. This simple little project would've been a cinch for a big time coder like you.

tokuin

Mar 21, 2018
Restarting from scratch doesn't mean it'll go any faster either, because it's still a game that's been developed for years that you are now starting all over again. Visual novel games can take years to create in Japan, too. And those have way less "gameplay" than Summertime Saga has. Making sure the code is future proof this time around, posing the characters with the new aspect ratio, ect is also a bitch to do due to the nature of the game not being 'one and done'.

But hey, you're apparently the expert, so why don't you enlighten DC with that wisdom of yours? :^)
Well since you are so adamant I'm wrong, do you consider yourself an "expert"? Or even DC an "expert"? Cause he admits he is not. I would hate to live in your world where only "experts" can discuss and criticize game devs for the weird choices they make with their products that they want to sell you. If you really believed that, then why are you here? What do you think the discussion boards are for? This is the second major revamp this game is getting since the project was started when people are just asking for content. When you couple that with the understanding that the longer they take to produce the game, the more money they will make from it, it's very clear why he is choosing to do it that way. He's not taking the quickest route that leaves fans satisfied. He's chooisng the route with the most delays that keeps people waiting on the edge of their seats. Also, those japanese vn's you are talking about release as a finished product, not often a beta with periodic updates asking for donations.

sucklepuck

May 3, 2019
Damn, I actually forgot that Annie was getting her own storyline Soon™ lol.
The way I see it, Annie's route can go one of three ways: domme, sub, or switch.
  1. Domme: It's clear right off the bat that Annie is a real stickler for authority and order. She gets on MC's ass on Day 1 for not remembering his locker combination, not giving a solitary fuck about the fact the dude's dad recently got fucking whacked by some Russian mobsters (even if no one actually knew those details at first, but still). We also see her give out detention slips like candy on Halloween during that one event on Eve's route when Eve gets into a fight with Roxxy. This bitch is an authoritarian through and through, even if her main role is being Mrs. Smith's lackey. So, let's lean into that. Maybe Annie gets tired of being Mrs. Smith's minion. Maybe she does some sneaky shit behind the scenes to shape school policies to reflect her own agenda without the principal knowing. She's already done this once. Again, during Eve's route by instituting a no dyed hair rule just to fuck with Eve. As for the sex, maybe she gets tired of always bottoming for Mrs. Smith and decides to cuff MC to her bed and ride out all her frustrations on his comically large schlongermeister. Maybe she decides that MC is too laidback and needs to tighten up, so she locks his dong up in a chastity cage to keep him from getting his dick wet from one of the many other LIs in town. Then, after a week of "good behavior", she invites him over to her place, releases his little (lol) friend from prison, and spends the rest of the night blowing his fucking mind. In the end, Annie tells MC that she doesn't care if he fucks other girls, so long as MC knows that she's the queen and everyone else is a fucking peasant.
  2. Sub: On the other hand, Annie always bends the knee whenever Mrs. Smith tells her to do something, no questions asked. We already know that she's high-strung and takes her hall monitor job super seriously, but we also know that she keeps that same energy at home. I think at one point Annie remarks that her mom is a big softie, and her mom wishes that Annie would lighten up a bit, but my memory of that event is really foggy. Either way, being "on" at all times can be seriously bad for both your mental and physical health. So one day, after Mrs. Smith smacks her with a big-ass to-do list, she shuts down because she's unable to complete her tasks due to overworking herself. MC, being the resident knight in shining armor and sandals he is, puts all the shit she's put him and his friends through aside and offers to help her with her work. She resists, at first, because she's too proud to accept help from anyone, especially from a guy she thinks is a bum. MC works the ol' high charisma stat charm and convinces her to let him work alongside her. Some time passes, they bond, and eventually, Annie comes to realize that maybe letting someone take over isn't so bad. In fact, she comes to find MC's willingness to take charge kind of arousing. One thing leads to another, and Annie eventually invites MC over to her room. MC sees that Annie is once again trying to make the occasion perfect with every little detail in place to make their night as hot as possible, but once again works too hard and exhausts herself to the point where she can't carry out her plans. MC notices this and offers to take charge in her bedroom, maybe massage her achy shoulders to get her in the mood, and proceeds to knock her knee-high socks off. Later, Annie tells MC that he should come over again to "help her out" some more.
  3. Switch: Or maybe MC convinces Annie that she doesn't have to box herself in one way or the other, that there's more fun to be had when the two of them play around with the power dynamic in the bedroom. Don't have much else to say about this one, I think it speaks for itself.
That's what I think. Is it gonna happen this way? Probably not. It is fun to imagine, though.
Also, they should fuck on Mrs. Smith's desk.

DEX333

Mar 5, 2019

View attachment 2891459
should be the sort of story where the star A+++++++ student learns to loosen up and be a more well rounded person with a healthy libido maybe even she falls further into sexual depravity.

Poggersq

May 2, 2022
Well since you are so adamant I'm wrong, do you consider yourself an "expert"? Or even DC an "expert"? Cause he admits he is not. I would hate to live in your world where only "experts" can discuss and criticize game devs for the weird choices they make with their products that they want to sell you. If you really believed that, then why are you here? What do you think the discussion boards are for? This is the second major revamp this game is getting since the project was started when people are just asking for content. When you couple that with the understanding that the longer they take to produce the game, the more money they will make from it, it's very clear why he is choosing to do it that way. He's not taking the quickest route that leaves fans satisfied. He's chooisng the route with the most delays that keeps people waiting on the edge of their seats. Also, those japanese vn's you are talking about release as a finished product, not often a beta with periodic updates asking for donations.
true ci-en is like that.

Senigata

Feb 4, 2017

Maybe you should make something original instead of Daz Game #67312 and you'd see some numbers. Instead you're going to another thread and shittalk the dev. Yeah, real grown up, dude.

Well since you are so adamant I'm wrong, do you consider yourself an "expert"? Or even DC an "expert"? Cause he admits he is not. I would hate to live in your world where only "experts" can discuss and criticize game devs for the weird choices they make with their products that they want to sell you. If you really believed that, then why are you here? What do you think the discussion boards are for?
As per the new rules of this discussion board you'll find that discussing and criticizing the developers work ethic is strictly against the rules. Since you are able to read this, you also ought to be able to read those.

And I'm here to discuss the contents of games, but you guys are kinda making that hard.

This is the second major revamp this game is getting since the project was started when people are just asking for content. When you couple that with the understanding that the longer they take to produce the game, the more money they will make from it, it's very clear why he is choosing to do it that way. He's not taking the quickest route that leaves fans satisfied. He's chooisng the route with the most delays that keeps people waiting on the edge of their seats.
Seems like you are sitting more on the edge of your seat than the majority of other players considering how much you are actually pushing and exposing this thread by constantly complaining about it. Everyone is free to choose to do what they want with their time and money, and to me it looks like those who feel like DC has slighted them also have chosen to not pay anymore. The grass is always greener somewhere else or how that saying goes.
Maybe you should try that out to. Out of sight, out of mind.

Also, those japanese vn's you are talking about release as a finished product, not often a beta with periodic updates asking for donations.
Wow, very perceptive of you. Doesn't change the fact that a "simple game" still takes years to develope and the hallmark of gameplay in those is to click a choice.
What's so damn hard to understand that if you throw out the work accumulated from over the years to start entirely from scratch isn't going to be done in a couple of month?

Is DC an absolute idiot for claiming it wouldn’t take long? Yes, abso-fucking-lutely. But you're the one who acts like it should actually be a simple thing to do. So, where is your proof instead of just repeating the same shit with a different coat of paint all the time?

Last edited:
4.10 star(s) 359 Votes