Xupuzulla

Aug 1, 2022
His patreon will never stop making money so i understand why people keep bringing that up all the time.
The people who love the game and like to support DC with their money have no reason to stop,even if they only get some HD wallpapers.

Reactions: Count Morado

McSlut

Aug 12, 2018
Is DC an absolute idiot for claiming it wouldn’t take long? Yes, abso-fucking-lutely
lmao he told everyone the tech update would take 3-4 months, he'd be an idiot if he truly believed that and miscalculated completly and the update would take double the time so 8 months or something if we're being generous. we're going into year 3 soon with no end in sight. he's no idiot we're waaaaaaay past beyond that. he is a milker through and through and he's taking his patreon donators for a ride

Senigata

Feb 4, 2017
lmao he told everyone the tech update would take 3-4 months, he'd be an idiot if he truly believed that and miscalculated completly and the update would take double the time so 8 months or something if we're being generous. we're going into year 3 soon with no end in sight. he's no idiot we're waaaaaaay past beyond that. he is a milker through and through and he's taking his patreon donators for a ride
I remember back when the game Archmage Rises got funded and the devs did their first diary for players. The project lead, who had experience in managing projects, flatout said that it would take 4 years alone for the game to be in a playable state. Mind you that was before the coof threw a wrench into the plans of about any game that wasn't made my a bunch of dudes over the internet. That game only recently entered Early Access.

DC probably should have given a longer estimate, but what the tech update back then was about vs. what it is about now is also different.

McSlut

Aug 12, 2018
DC probably should have given a longer estimate, but what the tech update back then was about vs. what it is about now is also different.
i really want to know how he even got the idea that the update would 3 months in the first place. did he calculate at all or just guess? i'm pretty sure nobody would have voted for the tech update if he was telling people it would take more than 6 months so maybe that's the reason

Reactions: Rixen and Marphey

Marphey

May 13, 2019
i really want to know how he even got the idea that the update would 3 months in the first place. did he calculate at all or just guess? i'm pretty sure nobody would have voted for the tech update if he was telling people it would take more than 6 months so maybe that's the reason
Maybe his coder back then overestimate their abilities and told him it would take 3 months at worst

Senigata

Feb 4, 2017
Maybe he was just repeating shit Dogeek told him. Iirc he only left after the tech update began.

DredgenVayn

Oct 20, 2022
Basically YandereDev. His server mods mock and bully people who ask when the next update is coming.

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
When you couple that with the understanding that the longer they take to produce the game, the more money they will make from it
No.

No in the fact that - he could finish Summertime Saga tomorrow and people will continue to subscribe to DarkCookie . In fact, it could be argued that he could make more money by ending this one and starting a new one with never before seen content and storylines. He's the creator with the largest number of subscribers on Patreon for developers of adult content (Top 20 of all creators on Patreon - by subscriber numbers, if I remember correctly). He's created a following.

No again to the fact that no one pays anything to play Summertime Saga - it's free to everyone.

Omniel

Jun 28, 2017
Tough call between Roxxy and Jenny. Look at those goddamn things:

View attachment 2891468

That's four lethal weapons in one screenshot. Being sandwiched in there would make me die a happy man, come back to life to spread the word of Boobie, then die again.
I want to say that Debbie and Maria got the best boobs... I mean look at them ... I can't get enough.

debbie_1080p_05.png maria_1080p_03.png

That's four lethal weapons in one screenshot. Being sandwiched in there would make me die a happy man, come back to life to spread the word of Boobie, then die again.
I agree... that's spot on what you said.

Omniel

Jun 28, 2017
Kompass Productions is DarkCookie's company.
Better?
View attachment 2891461
I am whiteknighting no one. There is nothing that subscribers get in gameplaying benefits. NOTHING. Subscribers are well aware of this. They get fewer than 24 hours of early access when an update is released and use of subscriber-only servers to download from. That's it in terms of the game. Nothing else.

What scam is there? DC isn't holding the game hostage for people to subscribe more. It's free on his website for everyone - as it always has been. Again, you are a developer and are fully aware of the purpose of Patreon and Subscribestar and other sites. It's not about access to any product - unless the creator makes it that way, and DC doesn't make it that way. His product is free for everyone. Yes, the subscribers make that possible.

You aren't calling out shitty behavior, you're displaying shitty behavior. You can't understand the basic idea of being a patron. Of a person supporting an artist simply because they like the work the artist is doing - with little to no strings attached. This is no different than tossing a buck into a busker's hat every Monday on your way out of the subway station simply because you like the music the musician is playing. It's free for everyone because of the few that toss a buck into the hat.

As for the other developer at the end of your comment - he has also been accused of exactly the same thing you are accusing DC of. Almost EVERY single developer on this site gets the accusation. Whenever it takes a year longer, a month longer, a week longer ... or even a day longer ... than the person making the accusation thinks it should take. The person bitches that a developer is a scam artist or a milker while they pine away wanting to download the developer's hard work without paying a single penny. The fucking irony of it.
Okay, Becca also got really great boobs...

DiviDreamer

Aug 29, 2020
So you saying it's all because of Tech update?
re art all backgrounds from 4:3 to 16:9 is hard, I know,
but with use of AI this can be done in few weeks.

tokuin

Mar 21, 2018
No.

No in the fact that - he could finish Summertime Saga tomorrow and people will continue to subscribe to DarkCookie . In fact, it could be argued that he could make more money by ending this one and starting a new one with never before seen content and storylines. He's the creator with the largest number of subscribers on Patreon for developers of adult content (Top 20 of all creators on Patreon - by subscriber numbers, if I remember correctly). He's created a following.

No again to the fact that no one pays anything to play Summertime Saga - it's free to everyone.
Sure, if he has another game to make. But if he is without ideas on what to make next, then you are wrong. A new game would require fresh ideas/game mechanics, a new plot and would have to not be derivative of the current work. Also, if he "finished" the game with a bunch of planned content missing, that would hurt his reputation and cause less people to be willing to follow his new work. We've seen that play out time and time again on this site. Popularity is fickle like that.

Reactions: Toushiro

Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021
Sure, if he has another game to make. But if he is without ideas on what to make next, then you are wrong. A new game would require fresh ideas/game mechanics, a new plot and would have to not be derivative of the current work. Also, if he "finished" the game with a bunch of planned content missing, that would hurt his reputation and cause less people to be willing to follow his new work. We've seen that play out time and time again on this site. Popularity is fickle like that.
I remember when in 2018 (two thousand and eighteen) he started talking that he was planning on planning a brand new game after he finished SS on his Picarto streams, so people started freaking out and making speculations about SS's "successor game".

Now it's 31th August 2023...

Just one more example of DC's bullshit he has been making his fanboyz swallow for years and years.

tokuin

Mar 21, 2018
Maybe you should make something original instead of Daz Game #67312 and you'd see some numbers. Instead you're going to another thread and shittalk the dev. Yeah, real grown up, dude.

As per the new rules of this discussion board you'll find that discussing and criticizing the developers work ethic is strictly against the rules. Since you are able to read this, you also ought to be able to read those.

And I'm here to discuss the contents of games, but you guys are kinda making that hard.

Seems like you are sitting more on the edge of your seat than the majority of other players considering how much you are actually pushing and exposing this thread by constantly complaining about it. Everyone is free to choose to do what they want with their time and money, and to me it looks like those who feel like DC has slighted them also have chosen to not pay anymore. The grass is always greener somewhere else or how that saying goes.
Maybe you should try that out to. Out of sight, out of mind.

Wow, very perceptive of you. Doesn't change the fact that a "simple game" still takes years to develope and the hallmark of gameplay in those is to click a choice.
What's so damn hard to understand that if you throw out the work accumulated from over the years to start entirely from scratch isn't going to be done in a couple of month?

Is DC an absolute idiot for claiming it wouldn’t take long? Yes, abso-fucking-lutely. But you're the one who acts like it should actually be a simple thing to do. So, where is your proof instead of just repeating the same shit with a different coat of paint all the time?
Constantly complaining? I had a single criticism and you just keep rehashing it by telling me I'm wrong for having that opinion. I never claimed it was simple, I said it would be easier and quicker if the code is so wrought with issues. Starting from scratch doesn't mean you don't get to use the knowledge you've learned about how to write the code for certain game mechanics. It means rewriting the code rather than reusing it and looking for the errors that are embedded in that code. I'm not saying to delete the source material and start over with no point of reference despite the fact that you seem to be taking it that way.

DredgenVayn

Oct 20, 2022
I remember when in 2018 (two thousand and eighteen) he started talking that he was planning on planning a brand new game after he finished SS on his Picarto streams, so people started freaking out and making speculations about SS's "successor game".

Now it's 31th August 2023...

Just one more example of DC's bullshit he has been making his fanboyz swallow for years and years.
He doesn't keep his promises, and this is why he deserves to be called a scammer.

DEX333

Mar 5, 2019
Really is the most-awaited content in the game, for me.
fuckin right!?!?? shes like the 80s movie archetype! shy introverted girl you make "cool" by pounding the shit outta her gives her more "confidence" and shes somewhat more assertive.

4.10 star(s) 359 Votes