gam2000

Apr 12, 2021
I know that a lot of you are just venting and letting off steam, but it does NO GOOD to bitch and it just frustrates the group of us that are just patiently waiting for whatever comes, whenever it comes. This is a great game and I will be starting to play it from the beginning in the near future, because I haven't done that in a while. There is a LOT of content and a LOT to enjoy.

So, saying all the, you complainers need to just give it a rest and play the hundreds of games that are referenced on this site and wait. Something will probably happen sometime. :)

th3n

Jan 27, 2022
besides many news (including monthly Status updates) I found this:
View attachment 2939105
I am pleased that the game is not abandoned. I love this game.

Since we seem to have a lot of coding experts in the thread - here are all the 1,625 scripts from the current version. Have at it.
For this, im not super advanced respect creating a game but i know a little about python. If we can help just tell how and if i can i'll do it.

ProfN42

Feb 16, 2022
Since we seem to have a lot of coding experts in the thread - here are all the 1,625 scripts from the current version. Have at it.
why does the filename reference 2016? Is... is that when all the scripts were written? Literally back when the thread was first created?

Lol this is a seven year old thread, I just realized that. This thread is old enough to go to elementary school. just, wow.

obibobi

May 10, 2017
Are the people defending this on his team, trolling or deep in sunk cost or tribalism. The arguments are terrible and repetitive.

I'll just leave this here: #28,647
Some self awareness, a post from 4 years as defence, that they think it stays relevant. Good games have been started and finished in that time

Also the "play other games" do that, but it only takes a moment to drop a complaint, if it's earned it why not and it helps people see what a mess things have become.

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
why does the filename reference 2016? Is... is that when all the scripts were written? Literally back when the thread was first created?

Lol this is a seven year old thread, I just realized that. This thread is old enough to go to elementary school. just, wow.
v0.20.16 --> 2016. Your humor falls flat.
The arguments are terrible and repetitive.

Some self awareness, a post from 4 years as defence, that they think it stays relevant. Good games have been started and finished in that time

Also the "play other games" do that, but it only takes a moment to drop a complaint, if it's earned it why not and it helps people see what a mess things have become.
They are repetitive because the whining is repetitive. You can only say the same thing so many different ways. Also, no one is defending anyone.

If you would notice - that post is the same user who is now doing the same thing they were railing against in the past. It's called irony and/or hypocrisy.

Also - as has been stated here hundreds of times - a complaint here does nothing to change the situation. The developer doesn't interact on this site. Complaints are just farting in the wind. It's bitching to bitch. It's attention seeking behavior. It's whining. It's throwing a tantrum in the middle of the store. Suck it up - have patience - do something else while you wait. If you don't want to wait - even better, move along. shitting up the thread is just that.

otranu

Dec 4, 2018
i wonder what DC would say if someone asked him how much time per day he commits to STS daily himself. you might think with all the money he makes, 8 hours is the minimum. every lawyer, plastic surgeon or whatever who makes this amount of money is probably not seeing his house before the evening but with DC it feels like he has been using the last couple years as a vacation from busting his ass at the beginning of STS development. doodling a wallpaper here and there while on stream or some backgrounds while the money rolls in. people said he is done doing ronda and background art for a year, yet he sitll does both (and takes his time doing it)
I don't think he (Anyone) should cancel his life because he is winning money, he has a family and i even if he don't, its perfectly fine to work ~40hs weekly. Also , not always working more makes things go faster, those career you need to work a lot beacuse you are almost in a competition.

Of course anyone can stop pledging if they think giving 5 dolars a month to someone is enough to buy a slave but , of course, thats an opinion.

otranu

Dec 4, 2018
you think DC is working 40 hours a week on summertime saga?
I've seen some streams for some of the characters updates and i dont know how much he work , but there was much more content apart from the what he does in that hour of stream.

Also I dont care. The developer has made a bunch of mistakes, but most of them don't seem to be because they're not putting in the effort. The issues mostly come from how the characters are posed and how the code works. Even if he were to work longer hours with no specific tasks, it wont fix these problems.

Reactions: atomicp

PULALAU1

Oct 13, 2017
hmmm i feel like after finishing the main story the other mini stories of characters are sloppy , very rushed and to small the best girls of the game don't even have a sex route yet

mamajoe321321

Jun 5, 2022
v0.20.16 --> 2016. Your humor falls flat.
They are repetitive because the whining is repetitive. You can only say the same thing so many different ways. Also, no one is defending anyone.

If you would notice - that post is the same user who is now doing the same thing they were railing against in the past. It's called irony and/or hypocrisy.

Also - as has been stated here hundreds of times - a complaint here does nothing to change the situation. The developer doesn't interact on this site. Complaints are just farting in the wind. It's bitching to bitch. It's attention seeking behavior. It's whining. It's throwing a tantrum in the middle of the store. Suck it up - have patience - do something else while you wait. If you don't want to wait - even better, move along. shitting up the thread is just that.
If complaining does nothing why are you constantly actively defending DC and remowing every single valid complaint ?

kikilake12

Jun 1, 2020
sploosh said: Other than fixing file names (which he will still be doing after the tech update releases because there are still characters who aren't rigged), DC is done with everything we need for the tech update. Anything he does from this point forward is just icing on top of the cake.

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
sploosh said: Other than fixing file names (which he will still be doing after the tech update releases because there are still characters who aren't rigged), DC is done with everything we need for the tech update. Anything he does from this point forward is just icing on top of the cake.
Right, and DC has basically been done with his part of the tech update for a long time. The coder and the posers are the ones with most of the outstanding tasks necessary for the tech update.

MurkyTurtle

Jul 28, 2017
Right, and DC has basically been done with his part of the tech update for a long time. The coder and the posers are the ones with most of the outstanding tasks necessary for the tech update.
Is he actually done, though? This was off of yesterday's stream, which was focused on expanding the background for the art teacher (it's been years and I can't remember her name) sex scene:
1695158844476.png

We keep seeing things like this crop up from time to time, almost like he forgets that there is still artwork that needs to be converted and it never comes up until a coder or poser gets to that section and has to remind him.

TaurusBR

Oct 7, 2019
2 years ago, tech update was 80%, now 2 years later it is 82%, that is (correct me if I'm wrong), the game will be completed in 18 years?! Apparently, it could be the other way around, 18% were completed and the other 82% is still missing, which in theory would be 82 years?!

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
Is he actually done, though? This was off of yesterday's stream, which was focused on expanding the background for the art teacher (it's been years and I can't remember her name) sex scene:
View attachment 2942489

We keep seeing things like this crop up from time to time, almost like he forgets that there is still artwork that needs to be converted and it never comes up until a coder or poser gets to that section and has to remind him.
I understand what you are saying. And as we have all said, his project manager skills suck. However, this isn't what is holding up the tech update. It's the coding and the posing.

What I am about to say will appear to be "defending DC," but it's standard with many projects and anyone who has worked on a large project is aware of this - things slip through the cracks, such as a handful of backgrounds or "oops, missed redoing this piece" here and there.

Like you say - he forgets or missing things. There are 19,000+ image files, including hundred or so of background files (or a couple of hundred). What's undeniable is that DC's artwork is not the bottleneck in the tech update. Implying or explicitly stating that it is would not be a correct summation of the situation. We both know this.

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
View attachment 2942489

I guess we are talking about scenes which aren't/weren't supposed to be reworked, yet? As far as I'm aware, they never intended to convert these into widescreen, as some of them would be replaced eventually.

Those scenes, which are supposed to remain will be converted to 16:9 (every scene from 0.16. onward), those who are due to be reworked/replaced will stay in 4:3 (those created before 0.16.). At least that's how I understood it up to now.

Then again, it's certainly true that you'll almost always find something you've forgotten during your preparation, while you are doing to actual job that follows.

Last edited:
4.10 star(s) 359 Votes