tciewife

Oct 21, 2021
i don't understand why those game come with satisfying content in their first months, like multiple characters, scenes, locations, and then they stop and only update once a year or less, with limited content. Is it just to milk patreon money? I don't understand how it can take so long for one path on one character, when they already did 5-10 characters. Did they take 10 years to release their first version?

ThePlagueMan

Mar 9, 2020
Have there been no none tech related updates these past 3 years?

I keep checking back on this game expecting some change but its always the tech update.

Sure its important to optimize and modernize the game but the dude gets like 70k a month, can't he get some other people to help him or something?

TwoHeavens

Aug 26, 2020
Have there been no none tech related updates these past 3 years?

I keep checking back on this game expecting some change but its always the tech update.

Sure its important to optimize and modernize the game but the dude gets like 70k a month, can't he get some other people to help him or something?
There are no benefits for him to finish updates faster, bro is farming paychecks to retire with 7 figures in his bank account off this one game. Don't think its a coincidence the game was nearing completion and then updates essentially stopped for years. I wouldn't expect to hear from dc again once this game is finished, if it ever is.

Last edited:

ur other dad

Jan 13, 2021
Personally speaking? I wish they hadn’t chosen to add all these meme characters to the game. The problem is, they were added, and have more Content than girls that have been there since the very beginning of the game. Which if you think about it it’s just kind of sad.

Plus, they kind of date the game a bit. As I have said before with mayor rump the whole thing is a big orange man bad meme, mixed with’ hey, wouldn’t it be fun to bang his wife and daughter?’ Which I mean… we are years past that point.

So it feels dated. I don’t think their existence is the issue. I think it’s much more than all these meme characters at this point tend to get more focused on then the actual girls original to the game.

Judith, is just one example but think about how kind of wild it is Mia the obvious main love interest has less scenes and attention than a meme version of trumps daughter.
it never really seemed like it was a caricature of trump as a politician. more of him as the kinda scummy rich guy we knew him as before he got elected. i don't think either of them would've been very funny, but the way don is portrayed seems more "mid-2000s" than "snl alec baldwin". i agree with your point that they shouldn't have been in the game, but it always felt like more of a general shitpost than any pro- or anti-trump sentiment lmao

Xupuzulla

Aug 1, 2022
it never really seemed like it was a caricature of trump as a politician. more of him as the kinda scummy rich guy we knew him as before he got elected. i don't think either of them would've been very funny, but the way don is portrayed seems more "mid-2000s" than "snl alec baldwin". i agree with your point that they shouldn't have been in the game, but it always felt like more of a general shitpost than any pro- or anti-trump sentiment lmao
What are you talking about?
Rump is a exaggerated version of Trump as a politician,the way he talks,the hand movements,the mouth thing.
And agree with people who says he shoulnt be there,in 5-10 years everything about Trump is going to be really dated.

Senigata

Feb 4, 2017
What are you talking about?
Rump is a exaggerated version of Trump as a politician,the way he talks,the hand movements,the mouth thing.
And agree with people who says he shoulnt be there,in 5-10 years everything about Trump is going to be really dated.
I mean, most games that take place in a "real world" setting will feel dated the moment technology marches on. Just look at games like Persona where they used flip phones.

raif78

Oct 17, 2020
When a game is no longer recommended by this site, there must be something wrong with the game rather than the site.
There's nothing wrong with the game - people just don't like the dev acting like RenPy is rocket science and taking years to post an update... you can still enjoy the game regardless, it has a lot of content and H-Writing is always terrible (This game included), so it's not like you should wait for a definitive end to jack off.

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
I mean, most games that take place in a "real world" setting will feel dated the moment technology marches on. Just look at games like Persona where they used flip phones.
I guess a lot depends on how you'd defined dated, too.
Of course most people are tired of this whole trump show and as such it's by far not the most creative thing one could have done, but given what happened in these recent years and what's happening right now, portraying Trump as a corrupt public figure and Putin and some kind of evil mafia boss was actually pretty much on point and will likely age pretty well.

Reactions: Yendor934

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
  1. I wonder if it's possible to use AI to replicate DC's art style, and add stuff like Debbie's pregnancy as modded content
  2. And if it is, then would DC be okay with it?
  1. Yes, of course. Hell, there's a ton of fan-art that could be used. Also, since the images that make up the characters are layers - it really wouldn't require AI, just a little basic photoshop/GIMP work.
  2. If it's a mod, it doesn't matter. DC doesn't seem to be pissy about other mods that are already out there.
The above said, note that when the tech update does eventually come out (in 2 months or 2 years or whenever) that all mods with images will need updated to the new 16:9 ratio and posed in the correct locations. It's one reason why the popular mods with images aren't being as gung-ho about doing new image content.

• Haha
Reactions: Oberoth

McSlut

Aug 12, 2018
what i wonder is what people who are still defending this game are expecting:

a) will the tech update progress at the current pace and be done in 18 years (i think someone made that projection)
b) will there be a sudden change with the progress and the tracker jumps forward 10% or so in a very short time (tech update is out in 1-2 years)?
c) something in the middle (tech update is out in 5-6 years)

i think these are the options right now if DC won't change how he is developing the game

manneychin

May 8, 2017
I wonder if it's possible to use AI to replicate DC's art style, and add stuff like Debbie's pregnancy as modded content. And if it is, then would DC be okay with it?
In the foreseeable future it's not possible for AI to replicate a 2D drawing style across many images in a consistent & aesthetically pleasing manner. AI can't do it because a given 2D style is not "mathematically" consistent across images. There are slight variations with each new drawing that basically define the style. For example you can draw 10 images of essentially the same thing (e.g. a given character getting up from bed as seen from the back) and yet you can vary theoretically-unchanging details (e.g. body part proportions) and perspective WILDLY across these images without a human interpretation finding an aesthetical fault. In addition, when AI generates 2D images, the stochastic nature of the process cannot ensure sufficient consistency across multiple images so they won't look like they were drawn by the same hand. You'll basically end up with 1000 different shots of the same character in different positions but they look like an AI hallucination, not a comics strip drawn by a human.

A possible solution I would've loved exploring if I had another lifetime to spare is to use AI to generate reverse-scannable 3D models (kinda like those in pic below). You basically put in the work to generate via AI just a handful of high quality reasonably consistent images for every model. Then you put these images through a reverse-scanner that infers 3D models from 2D pictures. Then you fine-adjust the 3D models to get them in a final form and finally you start using them via classic 3D modelling/animation/rendering to create a game that looks perfectly consistent across shots. You even have the choice of going with a full 3D look (which would be very exciting in itself) or use techniques that make 3D renders look more like 2D images. You lose plenty of the 2D hand drawn feel but the gains are monumental.

1696851109612.png

ejfsfdf

Feb 19, 2021
To add to the above, all current a.i capable of replicating/creating art understand is pixel placement (well, not all, but its THE major way they are capable of doing what they do). Which means, hands will look fucking weird, as well as some other stuff like accidental asymmetry and generally just weird additions which make art look real fucking bad. It doesn't know its drawing a head, it doesn't know its drawing a body, a.i just knows where to place pixels and put up a front.

Granted, it'll be a bit easier for games like SS to implement A.I art cuz you've kinda got a framework of what you want, I'd be curious to see if anyone could do it properly.

4.10 star(s) 359 Votes