Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
How other games gets the tag abandoned when they still are in progress and this not getting the tag abandoned after 1 year?
See the third bullet here. The first bullet is not in play because DC hasn't stated it. The second bullet is not in play because DC posts regularly on Patreon, plus normally streams on Picarto several days a week. The fourth bullet is not applicable.

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
Password What is it? Why not?
If you haven't progressed the storyline to that point yet, even the correct password won't work.
You can constantly provide rebuttals to every "when le update" or "game ded" comment, you can even remember and dig up what you exactly told me 4 months ago but asking for links is an insult?! I mean the whole reason I even made such a request is because you're a terminally online fella and are active on this thread, so it's not unusual to assume you might provide help instead of snarky comments. Not all of us have time to comb through threads with 3.5k+ comments.
I am not terminally online, I work over 40 hours per week and am taking 15 semester credits for grad school while raising a family. I'm just know how to manage my time and resources. You insulting me because of your laziness not to simply search one or two words to get EXACTLY what you are asking for doesn't hurt my feelings (it would have been quicker for you to use the search box than to type the first post to me, let alone that one and this proclamation that you are a victim).

I did provide help to you 4 months ago - I told you how you could find everything yourself without having to ask the same question already asked and answered or to find copied posts from patreon on here. Again, you would have had what you wanted within a couple of minutes than waiting for the expectation of me to be your personal errand boy.

If you THINK you know me and my motivation - then you would have READ my signature and take it to heart rather than for you to think I'm here to service your wishes, desires and whims. I'm not here to spoon feed pablum.
Not all of us have time to comb through threads with 3.5k+ comments.
Oh, so it's okay to waste my fucking time to serve you, though? You couldn't take 5 minutes or less to do it yourself, so you asked me to do it? You don't see what the fuck is wrong with that? (you don't need to answer, I already know the response and that is the gall of it all).

Last edited:
Jun 4, 2023
You guys broke Count Morado,he is mean now :(
This is a bad omen for Summertime saga.
Nope. That's just what happens when you get withdrawal symptoms after not getting an update from your favourite game for years. Also I'm pretty sure DC doesn't let Count Morado into his panties anymore. That's why he's been getting a little frustrated. But good for him I guess that he manages his time well. I'm pretty sure he finds time to jerk off to other games and not let it be a problem

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
You guys broke Count Morado,he is mean now :(
This is a bad omen for Summertime saga.
Naw. But it never ceases to amaze me that people take more time to continue to be lazy than to simply do the easy work to get what they want quicker.
1697015350005.png
It isn't that hard to go to the developer's website:

note that on 20 September 2023 that DC posted new art and then use the F95 search box for "Wallpaper" or "wallpaper art" or "wallpaper art from Rhonda" and see in the first 5-10 results that Hero1 posted on the same day the art from that Patreon post. 2 minutes of time, tops.
1697015755110.png
Nope. That's just what happens when you get withdrawal symptoms after not getting an update from your favourite game for years.
Goes to show you :p - Summertime Saga isn't my favorite game. Hell, I haven't even played it since before the Halloween update from 3 years ago. The only reason I've downloaded since that time is to answer questions that hadn't been answered previously or to give examples on how the art works, etc.

It has nothing to do with withdrawal symptoms. It has everything to do with others' laziness, sense of entitlement, spreading of misinformation (intentional or not).

Jun 4, 2023
Naw. But it never ceases to amaze me that people take more time to continue to be lazy than to simply do the easy work to get what they want quicker.
View attachment 2997044
It isn't that hard to go to the developer's website:

note that on 20 September 2023 that DC posted new art and then use the F95 search box for "Wallpaper" or "wallpaper art" or "wallpaper art from Rhonda" and see in the first 5-10 results that Hero1 posted on the same day the art from that Patreon post. 2 minutes of time, tops.
View attachment 2997046
Goes to show you :p - Summertime Saga isn't my favorite game. Hell, I haven't even played it since before the Halloween update from 3 years ago. The only reason I've downloaded since that time is to answer questions that hadn't been answered previously or to give examples on how the art works, etc.

It has nothing to do with withdrawal symptoms. It has everything to do with others' laziness, sense of entitlement, spreading of misinformation (intentional or not).
Sure buddy

totor83

May 15, 2017
In the foreseeable future it's not possible for AI to replicate a 2D drawing style across many images in a consistent & aesthetically pleasing manner. AI can't do it because a given 2D style is not "mathematically" consistent across images. There are slight variations with each new drawing that basically define the style. For example you can draw 10 images of essentially the same thing (e.g. a given character getting up from bed as seen from the back) and yet you can vary theoretically-unchanging details (e.g. body part proportions) and perspective WILDLY across these images without a human interpretation finding an aesthetical fault. In addition, when AI generates 2D images, the stochastic nature of the process cannot ensure sufficient consistency across multiple images so they won't look like they were drawn by the same hand. You'll basically end up with 1000 different shots of the same character in different positions but they look like an AI hallucination, not a comics strip drawn by a human.

A possible solution I would've loved exploring if I had another lifetime to spare is to use AI to generate reverse-scannable 3D models (kinda like those in pic below). You basically put in the work to generate via AI just a handful of high quality reasonably consistent images for every model. Then you put these images through a reverse-scanner that infers 3D models from 2D pictures. Then you fine-adjust the 3D models to get them in a final form and finally you start using them via classic 3D modelling/animation/rendering to create a game that looks perfectly consistent across shots. You even have the choice of going with a full 3D look (which would be very exciting in itself) or use techniques that make 3D renders look more like 2D images. You lose plenty of the 2D hand drawn feel but the gains are monumental.

View attachment 2992236
Yes , but 2d style drawing is better ...

totor83

May 15, 2017
the big problem is that DC knows this forum and knows how to draw, but, I think he knows how to read too. So for me the problem is why doesn't he clear things up if they don't give a about his fans?. No, I'm sticking to my position, he's doing it first because he likes the idea but also because he's making too much money. So why doesn't he give a deadline and then everyone waits nicely. (Excuse my bad English).

Senigata

Feb 4, 2017

Junkie :p

I haven't actually played the game for real since Eve's update.

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: Count Morado

mattius77

May 16, 2017
I'm wondering if the amount of time spent complaining about people's laziness by collecting screen caps from third party websites and searching post histories here is more or less time than would've been spent by simply saying "use the search bar" and moving on or even just answering the question outright.

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
I'm wondering if the amount of time spent complaining about people's laziness by collecting screen caps from third party websites and searching post histories here is more or less time than would've been spent by simply saying "use the search bar" and moving on or even just answering the question outright.
Yeah, because people NEVER simply do that. At all. Ever. Not in the 90+ FAQs posted. Not in their signature. Not directly to people. Never.

IdleGuy

Aug 7, 2016
TBH, I wish there were alternatives to the meme characters. They kinda distract from the overall experience as a whole.
Agreed wholeheartedly. I hate that shit, instantly (out)dates a project.
I haven't played in a spell, does this still have a game where not-Trump fucks not-Hillary in a bathroom stall? If so, that shit is referring to something that happened almost 8 fucking years ago. By the time this thing is 100% done (lol), there'll be coomers who can play this legally who weren't even politically aware at that time. The entire final part of the main story mostly features characters parodying a president that hasn't been in office in 3 years+ (and let's keep it that way please America).

Reminds me of those shitty "[parody] Movie" by the worst writers of the Scary Movies franchise you saw in the latter half of the 00's. They're all pretty much unwatchable and painfully unfunny (even moreso than back then).
At worst, it'll devolve into like when Leisure Suit Larry opens up with an "age verification quiz" that asks you about what were fashion faux pases from the 70s and meme phrases from the mid-80s.

4.10 star(s) 359 Votes