DaedusWolfe

Oct 26, 2017
The game is bringing in $0 per month, directly. The game is free for everyone to play - no one pays to play, no one subscribes to get to play. The developer is bringing in $60k per month from memberships in Patreon tiers. Subscribers pay those membership tiers to support the efforts of the development team who does work on the game, but the benefits of the tiers are not based in game production. The subscribers receive what the developer has promised in benefits on Patreon each month. This is unlike other developers who tie access to their games through Patreon tier benefits.

To your point about tasks. If that task was "edit this 1 page script for the conversation between the MC and the bank teller" I can understand your perspective. However, if that task is "restructure the code for Debbie's storyline," it isn't as difficult to perceive for something like that to take quite a long period of time. Same with posing the image layers for Jenny in every scene she is involved. It depends upon how each of the 500+ tasks are defined. It appears that a good number of the quick and easy tasks were done up front and that's why there was an explosion in the progress chart in the early months, and they left the harder, longer, more intricate tasks for later and progress to complete the number of project has slowed.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I get your point on tasks and I'm not complaining as I haven't paid anything for this either. I guess I would have to know more about what they are doing as far as the scripting goes because I've worked on larger re-write projects than this and it seems that the code tasks are taking far longer to finished than they should. 69% complete for several weeks now. Not a few .. several. Over a year to tweak these scripts (a great deal of it being small subs) to take a different set of parameters is a bit much for me to believe. But hey, as I said, I am not getting agitated about the delay since I don't pay for it. I just get a bit annoyed with my peers (fellow coders/scripters) when they seem to be dragging their asses.

Senigata

Feb 4, 2017
I get your point on tasks and I'm not complaining as I haven't paid anything for this either. I guess I would have to know more about what they are doing as far as the scripting goes because I've worked on larger re-write projects than this and it seems that the code tasks are taking far longer to finished than they should. 69% complete for several weeks now. Not a few .. several. Over a year to tweak these scripts (a great deal of it being small subs) to take a different set of parameters is a bit much for me to believe. But hey, as I said, I am not getting agitated about the delay since I don't pay for it. I just get a bit annoyed with my peers (fellow coders/scripters) when they seem to be dragging their asses.
I personally think they had to throw everything out and start from scratch, but yeah, probably coders also dragging their ass. Cost sunk fallacy might have struck DC, too, and he can't cut them loose in fear that it would delay everything even more.

Reactions: Count Morado

MurkyTurtle

Jul 28, 2017
There is supposedly a brand new reservation system for managing character routes that they've been trying to implement for some time. We've only gotten bits and pieces through occasional Discord mentions, but it doesn't seem to be going well and they've been resorting to cheap workarounds. The team's reticence to share coding details outside of an esoteric list of tweaks for the monthly progress report isn't encouraging, either; as you've said, this project isn't complex enough to be showing little to no external momentum for several weeks or even months at a time.

As Senigata said, the truth is probably a mixture of having to start over several times and a relatively inexperienced set of coders. Starting over again with a new team could easily add more months to an already bloated development hell.

Senigata

Feb 4, 2017
How long until the DC discord chats get leaked, lol.
You mean the chats between the development staff? Most likely if some drama happens between them. As for the regular discord chats, hmm, good question. Doesn't like every tier of Patreon grant you access to it?
You'd think a bunch of it would get posted here but it's not.

deathsurfer

Sep 2, 2018
It looks like DC has already finished the tech update art and now working on Rhonda's update.
So, there is a chance that we may see the tech update next month.(fingers crossed)

Reactions: dian091

IdleGuy

Aug 7, 2016
It looks like DC has already finished the tech update art and now working on Rhonda's update.
So, there is a chance that we may see the tech update next month.(fingers crossed)
Hasn't he been finished for like half a year now and is now merely going through the motions while his army of chimps tryna graft together something that actually runs?
But yeah, don't expect anything within a year.

4.10 star(s) 359 Votes