Aug 4, 2023
Don't give these Patreon vultures any ideas.

Also just wanted to throw it out there: The game 'Kena: Bridge of Spirits' had a budget of 1 million. Just saying :KEK:
View attachment 3383893
There is a game called 'Fort solis' , that game was made in unreal 5 with a team of 10 people and and it was developed in two years... That's why I don't get why the purple sunflowerguy (and others) here keep defending a 3 years development (In march will be 3 years of the announcement that work on the tech-update has begun) of a 'point and click' visual novel with 2d art in Ren'py... I mean others indie games (like fort solis) are made from scratch to end in more complex engines with more complex mechanics in a similar amount of time.

Shadesishere

Modder
Dec 5, 2020
The tech update is already like watching The Endless Eight from Haruhi Suzumiya. No redraw necessary.
I'll just be over here.... still patiently waiting for No Game No Life season 2....
And honestly, I've been holding off starting a fresh game of SS for... over a year now because back then I figured "I'll wait for the tech update"... at this point when the update does finally drop, it will be hazy memories of the game for me, so everything will seem "mostly" new again.

1 2_54-KkZohwRGJZU5nEVPg@2x.jpg

triple_aaa

May 29, 2020
It's going to be another year without an updates isn't it? Felt like a millennia since I saw that 80% on tech updates. I don't think it has been any numbers but that. 81% maybe? Not that it matters sigh

CavemanJohnson

Jan 19, 2018
Unga Bunga, Snu Snu big Unga

(Translation)
"Overall it's a really decent game, definitely one of my favorites for some time now. Good visuals and in some areas good pacing. Even the story itself has more to give than just MC wants to fuck this character and so on. It's a long one and it requires a lot of backtracking and exploring to get through certain parts of the story, so make sure to keep on trudging along. I'd say so far my favorite storyline was involving Eve, I hope once they fully complete this game it allows you to choose an ending rather than just "You become mayor of boneville." but either way I was really happy with how it turned out so far. I'd say my only gripes are the YEE YEE ASS HAIRCUT the mc has as well as not being able to change outfits, and the ability to sleep over at a girl's place instead of having to drag my ass back to the house or beach house. Def some more polishing here and there but it's in a really good spot right now."

MurkyTurtle

Jul 28, 2017
There is a game called 'Fort solis' , that game was made in unreal 5 with a team of 10 people and and it was developed in two years... That's why I don't get why the purple sunflowerguy (and others) here keep defending a 3 years development (In march will be 3 years of the announcement that work on the tech-update has begun) of a 'point and click' visual novel with 2d art in Ren'py... I mean others indie games (like fort solis) are made from scratch to end in more complex engines with more complex mechanics in a similar amount of time.
I'll do you a couple better:

- Doom (1993) was developed by a core team of seven guys in 13 months. That included developing an engine from scratch and basically inventing the FPS genre in the process.
- Stardew Valley was developed by one guy in 4 years. That includes all art, music, sound effects, story, and dialogue, not to mention he built the whole thing using the XNA framework rather than an existing engine.

The long development at this point has nothing to do with game complexity and everything to do with the fact that the dev pipeline is fucked. This is not a game made by a team of dedicated professionals evenly splitting the Patreon proceeds, it's two or three full-timers (DC, the coder, and maybe the head writer) and a pack of part-time posers/QA people in different time zones who work when they can find the time. It's massively inefficient and DC doesn't seem bothered by it, so it's unlikely to get better any time soon.

Valagost

Game Developer
Dec 29, 2018
I'll do you a couple better:

- Doom (1993) was developed by a core team of seven guys in 13 months. That included developing an engine from scratch and basically inventing the FPS genre in the process.
- Stardew Valley was developed by one guy in 4 years. That includes all art, music, sound effects, story, and dialogue, not to mention he built the whole thing using the XNA framework rather than an existing engine.

The long development at this point has nothing to do with game complexity and everything to do with the fact that the dev pipeline is fucked. This is not a game made by a team of dedicated professionals evenly splitting the Patreon proceeds, it's two or three full-timers (DC, the coder, and maybe the head writer) and a pack of part-time posers/QA people in different time zones who work when they can find the time. It's massively inefficient and DC doesn't seem bothered by it, so it's unlikely to get better any time soon.
If true, this is the biggest example of the mythical man-month I've ever seen.

aereton

Mar 9, 2018
Makes absolute sense. I was going to say that it's a shame what this niche genre has become what it is today, but the overall gaming industry isn't much better if you're honest with yourself. AAA after AAA with hundreds of millions of dollars budget but they are all mismanaged to a high degree and thrown into the market to make a quick buck.

Guess it's the same with """content creators""" (I so hate that fucking term), there's just too many idiots with too much disposable income. Supply & demand and all that. :HideThePain:

TFurguson69

Sep 9, 2019
I see others are stating the same thing I said months ago. Even if DC drops the final turd of an update tomorrow, there is no way it will fulfill anyone's expectations.
Be prepared when this deuce finally touches the water. It's still going to be shitty in the end.
Look at any triple A game release that went past it's release date.
They disappointed.
So all of you cucks out there putting this guys kids through college. Be ready to be disappointed

BruceMcGivern

Apr 19, 2020
I always get to bounce back and forward here in a while with the BIG-O games cashing in the most amount of $ and i come to ask to the long-time loyal Summertime Saga OG fans?

What's your actual hard date time expectation for this game to hit the Ultimate completion update?

Out of memes i can just blindly say it may fully be finished at Winter 2026 unless DC wants to go the full DLC expansion route lol.

aereton

Mar 9, 2018
I'm not sure what I enjoy the most about this thread. The amount of the complaining, or the forensic detail some complainers deploy in articulating the basis of their complaining.
Yes, it is really mind boggling that people discuss the lack of updates about a game that has its widescreen "tech update" in the pipeline for literal years. What's next? People skipping Youtube ads? Inconceivable :Kappa:

Senigata

Feb 4, 2017
People in here really need to get over their obsession with milk. You can really tell who got to suck on an actual tit as a baby and who had to cope with formula.

4.10 star(s) 356 Votes