mattius77

May 16, 2017
There's really not that much else on offer. Sure, there are ton of japanese 2D VNs and RPGM-games (which many people grow tired of after some time) but next to these, there really aren't many 2D games which offer a similar overall quality. Sure, it's subjective, but even if you read through the last 1000 pages of shit talk, you'll really only find very, very few people who complain about the quality. That does say something.

So yeah, SS is indeed one of the best non-anime art 2D games on offer right now. I mean, if you can actually name a few which are way better, I'd be happy to get suggestions. I'd almost certainly play them sooner or later.
Upvoted. 'Quality' is 100% not this game's problem.

I totally understand complaining about the lack of development and output... even if I think it's largely misplaced, I at least understand what's motivating it. I do not understand griping about SS from a general sense of "it's not good at game", especially given 99% of what else is out there in the genre.

Ntrsugar

Dec 27, 2020
Dark Cookies is a genius.
He's going to blueball and stretch this update which he has already made for another two year.
Can't even fault him , it's easy money.
Like it so obvious the update has been ready for a long time but he doesn't want to release it as it will kill his cash-cow.
It makes me laugh when people discuss about the update and development as if it's some grand hard almost impossible work that DarkCookie the Messiah is doing, when in reality he's playing them and I don't fault him one bit.

People keeping giving him money without any punishment.

Last edited:

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
Can we have a Mod for enabling back the original Incest ?
You mean for the tech update version? First, you need to have the tech update released so that fans or modders can get their hands on the script. The patch would be simple for some instances, where the patch does a live "reply any instance of 'Debbie' and 'Jenny' with..." -- but in others, it requires more specific replacements. So it's going to be a while.

EDIT: You can see the contents of the current patch in the attachment below. I unpacked the RPA so that you can see the images that were reverted, as well as the text of the RPY file for what's involved (You can open the RPY in any application that opens TXT files). View attachment archive.zip

Last edited:
Reactions: Ntrsugar

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
DC has included an incest patch for each release in the past. I assume he'll continue to.
DC has done no such thing.

The patches and mods are fan-made and mod-made - not made by DC or any of the development team. Had he done so and would he get caught by Patreon, his account would be suspended and possibly yanked. He had to remove all that content originally because Patreon demanded it back in 2017/2018 or face the closure of his account.

bobjohnson

Jan 13, 2017
DC has done no such thing.

The patches and mods are fan-made and mod-made - not made by DC or any of the development team. Had he done so and would he get caught by Patreon, his account would be suspended and possibly yanked. He had to remove all that content originally because Patreon demanded it back in 2017/2018 or face the closure of his account.
You are correct that DC has not publicly stated he was involved in an incest patch.

BlindLeperLucy

Aug 5, 2016
Dark Cookies is a genius.
He's going to blueball and stretch this update which he has already made for another two year.
Can't even fault him , it's easy money.
They spent a whole month finishing this build and probably 0% on the final tech update. It's like they decided to take a short break. This new "releasing the TU in parts" strategy is actually the worst news for the game aside from abandoning.

This weekend we're getting the same content we had 7 years ago... but in widescreen, so fuck yeah.

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
Don't even insinuate shit like that, man. Marty is listening.
That and if DC and/or the dev team were actually involved with such a patch, they would make it so that the community translators could actually have their translation packs work in conjunction, rather than the patch conflicting with the translation packs.

The patch is so janky as it is, that it is obvious there is no official dev member involved.

4.10 star(s) 356 Votes