Maericke

Aug 5, 2016
It's clear as day how the developer wants to do this and I'm baffled he still has the amount of support he does. Not only he reset everything to 0 but he also planned out that the next updates will come every 2 months, while already pointing what content will be in the next 3 updates with arrows.

By the looks of it 6 months from now the "tech update" version might be half as big as "pre-tech update", so give or take 1 year from now the current game MIGHT catch up to what it used to be, only for him to decide to update to 4k or something.

Should've just wrapped the game up fine with the current code and art and started a new one with better coding knowledge or something. Welp. I'm out.
The main story was already done. If he had just spent 1/2 of this time wrapping it up without some of the teased features, I feel like he would've had a much more positive response from people outside his hardcore followers.

KingRei

Apr 15, 2018
We all know how it works but I don’t give a fuck with 60k a month and 2 years time you can do much more for your community
That's fine and all. I'm just questioning the people who are SURPRISED that this happened. This was literally the only thing that could have happened when the tech update was first announced.

fapmeister

Sep 4, 2017
Some of you guys go out of your way to show how computer illiterate you are. lol

When the tech update was first announced it was clearly laid out that what he was doing is rebuilding the entire game. How are any of you surprised that this is what happened unless you didn't understand a word of the explanation for the tech update?

Yeah, rebuilding the source code from scratch means that every part of the game has to be rebuilt too.

On the coding side, this game is basically a new game now. You can't just copy-paste an old game's code base into a new game's code base and hit a compile button. That's not how software development works. lol
It doesn't take two years to code the introduction to a VN in Python.

iHellraiser

Jan 16, 2021
Holy shit, people just love to throw hate for no reason at all... I'm sure most of those who complain here never paid a single penny for this game or any other. Just enjoy the update if you want it or just ignore it, it's an update of a beloved game, instead of enjoy it, people just love to throw bilis... It's not disapointig, it's just sad...

No wonder being a developer can become such a depressive work... Free players are never gonna be happy, no matter what the dev does...
yeah yeah we saw you DarkCookie

CigarRex

Truly, the Rex of all Cigars...
Game Developer
Sep 23, 2022
The resolution upgrades are great, and so are the little new CGs for a few old scenes.

Though, I really want to know why doesn't the game have any SFX to this date. I haven't been following any development since 0.18, so has this been addressed already?

To add insult to injury, 0.21 has even removed the little amount of songs the game always had, such as the menu and the map songs. Why? Do they have any plans to add more later?

I won't really comment on the releasing schedule, everything's been said already. But not having any sounds at all always held STS back imo, and still does.

khang3182

Jan 13, 2024
This release because the new policy of Patreon lol, tag abandon will appear when the game not posted any news since last update 2 weeks or any new version every 2 months. They start to have a fear that they will lose their job if continue talk shit with no update

4.10 star(s) 359 Votes