MidnightKing

Jun 27, 2017
As someone mostly out of the loop, was there any prior communication this was going to do this drip feed thing of re-releasing older content like this? If not that is nuts.

And did they give any estimate of just how many of these two month releases there are going to be before it's caught up?

The David

Jun 19, 2017
Some of you guys go out of your way to show how computer illiterate you are. lol

When the tech update was first announced it was clearly laid out that what he was doing is rebuilding the entire game. How are any of you surprised that this is what happened unless you didn't understand a word of the explanation for the tech update?

Yeah, rebuilding the source code from scratch means that every part of the game has to be rebuilt too.

On the coding side, this game is basically a new game now. You can't just copy-paste an old game's code base into a new game's code base and hit a compile button. That's not how software development works. lol
The problem itself isn't exactly with how long it takes. The main issue many of us take with it(myself included), is the overwhelming amount of money he gets every month. Considering there is over 31 thousand paying members... many of which have the higher tier on patreon unlocked... It is safe to assume that average patronage each month from all the patrons equals to roughly... 3-4 USD? That's a huge amount of money each month for basically no work done in two years of waiting while DC keeps hoarding more and more money.

McSlut

Aug 12, 2018
dude i still can't with some of this new "improved" jenny art. has DC become a worse artist in the last couple years? does he not give a shit anymore? it legit looks terrible and lazy as fuck. how can ANYONE say AI art looks worse than this? :HideThePain:

CigarRex

Truly, the Rex of all Cigars...
Game Developer
Sep 23, 2022
As someone mostly out of the loop, was there any prior communication this was going to do this drip feed thing of re-releasing older content like this? If not that is nuts.

And did they give any estimate of just how many of these two month releases there are going to be before it's caught up?
I heard they were going to drip-feed it before, so I guess they made a post about it

Reactions: MidnightKing

fapmeister

Sep 4, 2017
Again, you guys are showing your own ignorance on the subject with posts like this.

Do you understand the difference between code that we don't see and code that we do? Do you not understand that underneath the colourful graphics, there's a million lines of code interacting with each other that have no visual signs of existence at all? Do you think they just type "Jenny gets pregnant" and then it just happens in the game or something? Nooo, there's a complex system that manages that. Just like how there's systems that manages the day/night cycle, each individual mini-game, every single story flag in the game, etc. Please don't quote another one of my posts again. Thanks. lol
Fucking hell thanks for the laugh DC
giphy.gif

KingRei

Apr 15, 2018
The problem itself isn't exactly with how long it takes. The main issue many of us take with it(myself included), is the overwhelming amount of money he gets every month. Considering there is over 31 thousand paying members... many of which have the higher tier on patreon unlocked... It is safe to assume that average patronage each month from all the patrons equals to roughly... 3-4 USD? That's a huge amount of money each month for basically no work done in two years of waiting while DC keeps hoarding more and more money.
Why would you care about this?

Maybe I don't get it because I don't give money to anyone making indie games, but I don't see why you would care about how other people spend their money?

Surely, the people on Patreon can decide for themselves if a game is worth investing into, every month. If they don't like it, then they can cancel their subscriptions, right? Why would I ever care about people spending their own entertainment budgets on stuff they like?

The David

Jun 19, 2017
Why would you care about this?

Maybe I don't get it because I don't give money to anyone making indie games, but I don't see why you would care about how other people spend their money?

Surely, the people on Patreon can decide for themselves if a game is worth investing into, every month. If they don't like it, then they can cancel their subscriptions, right? Why would I ever care about people spending their own entertainment budgets on stuff they like?
Frankly... it is not fair to those who are still paying that fraud. Imagine yourself in a situation where you go to a soda machine, put your money in, press the soda of your choice and nothing comes out but your money is gone. It's frustrating.

XCelesX

Jun 2, 2020

2 years we had nearly no infos at all. It started with "this will only take maybe 2 or 3 months, then it is 2 years with no comments and now we get the game again, but widescreen with 99% of the content removed. Mostly same models and nearly nothing is different.
You are still better of playing the last version of the game. Way more content and the next updates for idk maybe 2 more years will have nothing in it that wasn't in the old version anyway. They did not even put all the stuff people asked for into the 2 characters they actually "finished" still no Debbie pregnancy and the model looks horrible. All the talks about upgrading the models was nothing but hot air

Fapbert

Jun 7, 2020
But you guuuyyyss, you act like there should have been actual content over the last two years with only 30,000 Patreon subscribers paying at least $1/month each! How can you expect anyone to get anything done with such paltry numbers???

Fuck it, I'm gonna milk a piece of shit game and start taking some of these dimwits lunch money.

KingRei

Apr 15, 2018
Frankly... it is not fair to those who are still paying that fraud. Imagine yourself in a situation where you go to a soda machine, put your money in, press the soda of your choice and nothing comes out but your money is gone. It's frustrating.
But something did come out. The tech update came out. Maybe you think the tech update is a shitty flavour with too much sugar in it and that's fine. But the people who keep going to that vending machine clearly like how it tastes.

Why would I stand at the vending machine telling them how stupid they are for liking this flavour that I don't like?

4.10 star(s) 359 Votes