Xupuzulla

Aug 1, 2022
I don't like the milking meme because its super overused in this forum, but still having the old debbie sprites in this release makes it look like he hasn't been doing shit all this time. It's sad that this tech update nightmare will probably still go on for at least another 2 years.
Bro the Debbie art is 2016 shit,that art is almost 10 years old:KEK:

Reactions: D2K and josh963

Leo D. Marstone

Nov 2, 2017
Forgive me. It has been years but what was the tech update even about? And what can be done better now after 3 years.

Also we start the dev cycle basically from the beginning again.......well it's just tiring at this point I guess.

I mean sure money yada yada but I can't imagine how the dev team can look at the project and feel good about it. Just from a development point of view. This can't be satisfactory to go through all these years.

Strajder

Nov 26, 2018
so just old scenes? not new scenes?
Nope, just old scenes, I hoped that with this so called tech update we will atleast get reworked old scenes with Debbie and other characters but we got nothing of that. There are even less scenes with Debbie then before. If this tech update means that all he did in past 2 or more years is just streched images a little bit (its not even the full wide screen support) and added like three or four "refreshed images" then all people who support and defend him have a serious mental issues.

BRaider2020

Apr 25, 2020
this comment is not destined to anyone particularly but

I am dumbfounded with what some ppl write sometimes.:confused::cautious::censored:

if they remembered to read dev past and recent posts and all that, but noooo, they just love to trash talk as always lol

• Haha
Reactions: huge43

Lintha

May 10, 2018
Hey, so, in all honesty and beyond all the legit drama about that whole mess of a release and development process as a whole, I sincerely need your help with figuring out the changes made here.

I know it's been some years since I played the first parts of the game and I clearly identified "animated" part or different camera angle from before but for the art, ie, I can't really tell from my memories the differences.

Does any good soul with a lot of time has done a compairison between both version of the game? (Pre/Post Tech)
It would help me understand the length of the work they have done and see where we are going with their new vision.

Black Orchid

Sep 3, 2022
according to the progress tracker, art for the entirety of the tech update is 99% finished, yet the main love interest is still using old art. we can conclude that the progress bar is meaningless (we already knew that) and that the update was in fact rushed. from this alone i suspect that whenever the updates come out, they will feature a gradualy increasing amount of the old art being reused.

Reactions: Vallcry

Siphon

Aug 18, 2016
What is the author's purpose in doing this? I still don't get it.
Making 30,000 dollars a month, at least. It doesn't really matter what he does because he doesn't lose support.

Forgive me. It has been years but what was the tech update even about? And what can be done better now after 3 years.
Apparently his coding was so awful at the start (or whoever coded for him left and made such a mess) that he needed to go unfuck it in order to streamline the rest of the game and make it less buggy and laggy. Apparently this took three years despite Ren'Py being designed for absolute morons to make visual novels.
Admittedly the game runs smoother now, though if this is because of better coding or just because it has so much less content at the moment is up in the air.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Leo D. Marstone

Dynamite20

Jun 9, 2021
Hey, so, in all honesty and beyond all the legit drama about that whole mess of a release and development process as a whole, I sincerely need your help with figuring out the changes made here.

I know it's been some years since I played the first parts of the game and I clearly identified "animated" part or different camera angle from before but for the art, ie, I can't really tell from my memories the differences.

Does any good soul with a lot of time has done a compairison between both version of the game? (Pre/Post Tech)
It would help me understand the length of the work they have done and see where we are going with their new vision.
Basicaly he put some CG's in the game he also did the game HQ renders also I've notice that the animation changed a little I can't put my finger on it but it feels more like 2d bone animation it's still good don't get me wrong he also said that he changed the code and he is working on a new code but I don't see why he did that I have been experimenting with renpy and I don't see why someone will remake his game for a code but I don't know how he works so I don't judge it

GrumpyMatt

May 11, 2017
So, after 3 years of development DC cut around 90% of game content, and what is left is mostly not even remasted XD
It seems he was taking lessons from Vaultman (Camp Pinewood) and Lurking Hedgehog (Lust and Power) and now he will be making "new" updates by restoring old stuff into game for next few years.
Well, fanatical DC defenders must be really satisfied now. Worth 3 years of waiting, money well spent XD anemonelaugh.jpg

xyzaxis

Formerly 'meshmiso'
Jul 9, 2017
Making 30,000 dollars a month, at least. It doesn't really matter what he does because he doesn't lose support.
*Has 30,000+ paid members ranging from 1$ to 20$ tiers /w custom pledges.
I'm not against anything. just correcting the mistype rq :giggle:

4.10 star(s) 354 Votes