The David

Jun 19, 2017
So all you did was send me two posts of yours proving that DC is a scammer too scared to get the Abandoned tag? Thank you. Ren'Py is an easy game engine to work with. Dare I say the easiest even for people with no programming background.

Dynamite20

Jun 9, 2021
Since when does changing from Ren'Py to Ren'py counts as tech update? The whole reason for the tech update was to make it work on a new engine. Where is that engine located cause i do not see it. Yes I didn't expect new content... but i also didn't expect to lose 95% of all content available prior to the release of the ''tech update''.
from what I saw he had released some CG teasers of other characters like Rhonda and the fat red hair girl so I think that he released a small update to not make his followers wait any more I don't justify this I just saying what I think also I think that this update was very bad first of all the idea of remaking the game AGAIN is very stupid to me when I say again remember when in 2018 or 2019 when he did Jenny route that he decided to make new sprites of all the characters again to make them look better Debby Roxxy and all other characters?
Now he does basicaly the same thing he just make the game again put some more CG's and starting all over again I think if he did this when he completed the game it would be absolutely fine because he finished the game and made some details to make it better
Also
He has a team and his coders or coder are responsible of making the game to a new engine and doing the coding part so it doens't excuse those two years of working on it sure he made some new CG's and some new locations but it doesn't take 2 years for them to release

The David

Jun 19, 2017
from what I saw he had released some CG teasers of other characters like Rhonda and the fat red hair girl so I think that he released a small update to not make his followers wait any more I don't justify this I just saying what I think also I think that this update was very bad first of all the idea of remaking the game AGAIN is very stupid to me when I say again remember when in 2018 or 2019 when he did Jenny route that he decided to make new sprites of all the characters again to make them look better Debby Roxxy and all other characters?
Now he does basicaly the same thing he just make the game again put some more CG's and starting all over again I think if he did this when he completed the game it would be absolutely fine because he finished the game and made some details to make it better
Also
He has a team and his coders or coder are responsible of making the game to a new engine and doing the coding part so it doens't excuse those two years of working on it sure he made some new CG's and some new locations but it doesn't take 2 years for them to release
I get that and yes I do remember the old days of waiting for his lazy ass to make new sprites. Case in point for his ''coder''. If that coder took 2 years to update the easiest game engine to work with... he ain't a coder.

Reactions: Sirren

Kaneki12

Nov 5, 2018
Some of you guys go out of your way to show how computer illiterate you are. lol

When the tech update was first announced it was clearly laid out that what he was doing is rebuilding the entire game. How are any of you surprised that this is what happened unless you didn't understand a word of the explanation for the tech update?

Yeah, rebuilding the source code from scratch means that every part of the game has to be rebuilt too.

On the coding side, this game is basically a new game now. You can't just copy-paste an old game's code base into a new game's code base and hit a compile button. That's not how software development works. lol
we found one of the kompas dev :)

Badjourasmix

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 22, 2017
Also
Honestly I think it would've been better if he just waited and released the complete tech update or at least waited a couple more months and release something with a little more content. This is a really bad look when in the first release of the rework you still have 8 year old sprites and animations.

Dynamite20

Jun 9, 2021
Some of you guys go out of your way to show how computer illiterate you are. lol

When the tech update was first announced it was clearly laid out that what he was doing is rebuilding the entire game. How are any of you surprised that this is what happened unless you didn't understand a word of the explanation for the tech update?

Yeah, rebuilding the source code from scratch means that every part of the game has to be rebuilt too.

On the coding side, this game is basically a new game now. You can't just copy-paste an old game's code base into a new game's code base and hit a compile button. That's not how software development works. lol
Brother I made several games with Renpy and I've experiment with it and it's code for a long time it's not a Unity engine where you have complicated program languages and other stuff it's a VN engine and it's the easiest tool out there for VN's I'm speaking on this matter because I know how this thing works and it doesn't take this long

Last edited:

The David

Jun 19, 2017
Btw it is no use to even go to the Discord if it still exists. It's not just DCs team that ''works'' on the game that is lazy. The mods on the Discord server are another breed of degenerates, banning people on a whim for no reason at all. You could be talking normally in general and boom... you're banned.

SonnyG932

Jan 29, 2018

Knight

Jul 7, 2017
So, after 3 years of development DC cut around 90% of game content, and what is left is mostly not even remasted XD
It seems he was taking lessons from Vaultman (Camp Pinewood) and Lurking Hedgehog (Lust and Power) and now he will be making "new" updates by restoring old stuff into game for next few years.
Well, fanatical DC defenders must be really satisfied now. Worth 3 years of waiting, money well spent XD View attachment 3693306
Spot on.
This is why I don't feel bad for artists who are mad about AI. People can try to pawn it of as a "Just a tech update bro" but it's not even that, with the amount of cut content there has been a massive step backwards. With the money this dude makes he could have hired some eastern euro programmer for 2k a month and had this update done in less that 6 months while still making art assets in the meantime.

Last edited:

Dynamite20

Jun 9, 2021
Honestly I think it would've been better if he just waited and released the complete tech update or at least waited a couple more months and release something with a little more content. This is a really bad look when in the first release of the rework you still have 8 year old sprites and animations.
True but I think that it would be better if he finish the game first and do that after like some sort of DLC's we've been playing the same thing over and over again I remember liking Jenny's route so much and now I don't even wanna see the route again because I've played the same route for like 10 times and there are so many good characters that can have some time building on them think about Grace for example it would be so much better if he was working on those characters or the characters that was previously promised before the Tech update I still want to see Rhonda update to see her route and we still have nothing

Glaoui

Donor
Apr 8, 2017
You do know tech =/= content, right? The tech update was never expected to have new content, but new code and QoL features for android users, etc.

But okay. Rage.
Some people are raging because a developer needs 6 Tech updates, aka 12 months of work, to basically copy files from one folder to another, since all art is allegedly done.

Some people are sad because some forum dwellers have barely the brain power to marvel and applaud what they think is a technical feat. Not to mention the ones who come here to still defend him.

Reactions: D2K

Badjourasmix

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 22, 2017
Some people are raging because a developer needs 6 Tech updates, aka 12 months of work, to basically copy files from one folder to another, since all art is allegedly done.

Some people are sad because some forum dwellers have barely the brain power to marvel and applaud what they think is a technical feat. Not to mention the ones who come here to still defend him.
Yea all the art tasks are pretty much done. Maybe I am wrong but I thought that the tech update was also supposed to update debbie's art. So why the fuck did he release the update with her old art?

Reactions: Drakon9707

Strelok00

Oct 17, 2017
People giving this game a 5 star review after this update is weird to say the least.
It's just a good scam, people incited to give good reviews or to post messages to praise the worst update to a game I have seen as far as I can remember, for any kind of game. 2 years, one million dollars.... for this.
People are really brain dead these days.

4.10 star(s) 356 Votes