naoligopraisso

Jun 13, 2018
Yes I read them.
And they contain more about the game that just the lost content.

I respond to your post because I think that more people should write reviews on the state of the release.
But they need to do it in a way so they follow the rules and are not deleted.

You are playing the victim by saying that you have to lie not to have your review removed. It is fair to mention the removal of content, but go into detail how this influences the gameplay, how the game is an empty shell of what it was.
How the dialogue is nonsensical with the content that are there.
That there is no real gameplay as it is released in a cheat state, so you just go from point a to b.

I have never defended DC and I won't.
This "tech update" is just for him to get more money, not to ever finish the game.

Read what I write instead of what you want to read.
Fair enough, I must say, I also made a little confusion when reading rule 3 which says not to talk about "update times" I read it and thought it was referring to not commenting on updates, but no, it is the period from one update to the next .

Xupuzulla

Aug 1, 2022

this is what i meant. it looks like a monster or something is wearing jenny's skin and is coming up the staircase like in a horror movie to ass rape you

when i saw this i was legit reacting like from a jump scare like "OH GOD WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT" :eek:
Someone should post this shit image everytime one of the resident Darkcookie defenders tell people to watch the "hardworking" and "daily" streams:KEK:

Senigata

Feb 4, 2017

this is what i meant. it looks like a monster or something is wearing jenny's skin and is coming up the staircase like in a horror movie to ass rape you

when i saw this i was legit reacting like from a jump scare like "OH GOD WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT" :eek:
Jenny just shows what's lurking underneath the skin

• Haha
Reactions: tankdick

SemenDaemon

Nov 4, 2023
So can someone correct me if I'm wrong but it seems as though Jenny's scenes are bugged cant talk to her at breakfast to apologize
Had the same issue. You need the breakfast where the mom is cooking and there's MC's plate with food at the table AND jenny isn't in the shower. That's the one that triggers the apology scene.

Bajherria

Oct 16, 2017

In fact, the more I look at this, the more jarring it gets, with the "detailed" face, which is detailed in all the wrong ways, the hands as bad as they are, and everything else is just untouched,there's like three different artists took a shot at one drawing the head without seeing the body, one drawing the torso and the last one drawing the legs without knowing what the rest would look like.

Reactions: ZaIgo and McSlut

naoligopraisso

Jun 13, 2018
I'm not a programmer, but I doubt that rebooting a game would be easier than programming and adding more locations to a game map.

Mr_Ainz

Oct 26, 2017
I understand the gooners but I'm actually on the team that had some gripes with progression early on and this filler scenes are good enough to resolve the issues I had. This game has taken too long to reach the present state tho, that's the truth.

I knew early on that DC had created a money printing machine with this game so it was easy to see where this was going. I'll come back to check the progress in 5 years.

Sasori21

Apr 5, 2020
By my calculations DC has lost about 2,772 Patreons between yesterday and today (Yesterday it was 31,434 and today it's 28,662) If I'm honest, thought it'd be way more than that. This release cannot be called an update or a rework if they went all Thanos and nuked almost all content but 2 routes. Also, some of the new art looks so weird and half assed. To the screen capture showing Jenny's abnormal proportions I would add Mia's face that looks weird and ghastly to me.

Reactions: Sergeant356

Room34

Dec 5, 2020
I don't understand, is this tech update only contains small amount of content? (1st day, debby story, jenny story)
I don't played this game more than a year so if all content is updated may I can try

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
By my calculations DC has lost about 2,772 Patreons between yesterday and today (Yesterday it was 31,434 and today it's 28,662) If I'm honest, thought it'd be way more than that. This release cannot be called an update or a rework if they went all Thanos and nuked almost all content but 2 routes. Also, some of the new art looks so weird and half assed. To the screen capture showing Jenny's abnormal proportions I would add Mia's face that looks weird and ghastly to me.
ITT: People who do not know how Patreon works.

The "Patreon Dip" happens to most creators each month at the beginning and then over the course of the remaining days it increases, again.

What you should compare is not previous day to current day, but same day month-over-month to see if there is a trend occurring.

DC may or may not be losing paid subscribers due to this update... or he may or may not be gaining. We won't know without more data through this month and next. Now, if he finishes June at less than about 30,000 paid subscribers - then there is a possible trend that we could extrapolate and forecast from (based upon pre-update numbers to post-).
I don't understand, is this tech update only contains small amount of content? (1st day, debby story, jenny story)
I don't played this game more than a year so if all content is updated may I can try
That's why there is a changelog in the and copy/pasted in OP - so you can read and know.

But, yes, the update that was released yesterday (v0.21.0) is only part of the full game that you can play in the most recent old version (v0.20.16). DC stated because the tech update is taking much longer than they expected, they are rolling it out in chunks.

bluedrakken

Aug 6, 2016
all that previous quality work to this shit? i never understood why dev would rework/format a game when its not complete unless its a milking reason. just abandon the game and make a new project.

Reactions: attonrand

Dragon1982

Sep 7, 2019
Well if you guys want my opinion on what devs are worth supporting, I know of 2 that I decided to officially support after almost 2 years of following their work. RyenSaotome (otherwise known as NaughtyNetherpunch) and Killer7. Not only do I see updates commonly compared to most other games, but the devs take an active role in commenting on the thread their games are posted while answering questions for others, whether they follow the devs or not.

Nezron

Apr 13, 2023
All this time waiting, and we get this.....
sad, I just wanted new content with characters. This "update" removes most of the content the old version had, and I don't think the new stuff looks any better than the old stuff. I am not going to waste my time with this until the new version has at the very least caught up to the old version.

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
The patch you installed doesn't work with v0.21.0 because the game's code is rewritten with new variables, etc. It only works for the v0.20.0 through v0.20.16.

You will need to use your imagination if that this the content you want, at least until some fan or modder decides they want to write a new patch.

4.10 star(s) 354 Votes