naoligopraisso

Jun 13, 2018
Hello
version summertimesaga 21.0.0

I played this years ago and d/l this one. When I start it is stuck on mode select "cheat". I wanted to start normal, but that is the only mode option.

i deleted the summertime folder in
C:\Users\/"name"\AppData\Roaming\RenPy\summeritme

as well as the unzipped game folder. Then unzipped it again. Same problem.

Does anybody know how to make this start in normal, or even returning player modes?

Thanks
Well, there are two ways to solve this problem, the simple way and the hard way. The simple way is simple, you delete all these files that you just installed from version 21 and download version 0.20.16. The hard way is to come back in 10 years and download version 40 of the game. I hope I helped friend.

• Sad
Reactions: Akm567 and Ryuukun

Whiterichie93

Dec 11, 2019
I don't get your point. You say it's totally OK to get wide-screen and removing of 95% content after 3 years of hold-on?
OK then.
so lets run a scenario that explains my thoughts:
you love a free2play game called Galaxy of War: Spacerim and the game is nice and all, except its buggy as shit and the modding community for the game is the only reason you play the game because of badly coded the game was. Then Spacerim drops a FIXED edition that fixes the code and updates the visuals, adds brand new content but it breaks the mods (but you know the modding community can esily come back and mod the game). The other downside is you lost a lot of access to the sidequests of the game even though all the ones you really liked were incomplete and no one in the community that actually gave money to the game wanted more of it. They just wanted redundant content for the same 3 sidequests when game was updating regularly and everyone loved it so much. But the good news is you can just play vanilla GoW all you want and the mods work fine.

So uhh yeah. Seems alright to me. Finally fixed that shit code that caused my computer to scream in agony everytime I run it. I can actually play the story without getting softlocked. And i can just play the old version that im playing next to the new version side-by-side and, yeah the old versiomn is amateur shit. hopefully the dialogue is modded on the new one (which is obvious its meant to) they're going to college but the scene then shows (newly drawn by the way) kids getting off a schoolbus, sooo, again. Yes I think its ok that happened. Should've happened sooner but, you get what you pay for. Which is a dollar a month mostly.

DownTheDrain

Donor
Aug 25, 2017
(a whole new level of whitewashing)
Ok then, good to know that everything besides 2 characters was just sidequests, that clears things right up.
Also, you may want to have your computer checked out if a fucking Renpy game makes it scream in agony.

Room34

Dec 5, 2020
so lets run a scenario that explains my thoughts:
you love a free2play game called Galaxy of War: Spacerim and the game is nice and all, except its buggy as shit and the modding community for the game is the only reason you play the game because of badly coded the game was. Then Spacerim drops a FIXED edition that fixes the code and updates the visuals, adds brand new content but it breaks the mods (but you know the modding community can esily come back and mod the game). The other downside is you lost a lot of access to the sidequests of the game even though all the ones you really liked were incomplete and no one in the community that actually gave money to the game wanted more of it. They just wanted redundant content for the same 3 sidequests when game was updating regularly and everyone loved it so much. But the good news is you can just play vanilla GoW all you want and the mods work fine.

So uhh yeah. Seems alright to me. Finally fixed that shit code that caused my computer to scream in agony everytime I run it. I can actually play the story without getting softlocked. And i can just play the old version that im playing next to the new version side-by-side and, yeah the old versiomn is amateur shit. hopefully the dialogue is modded on the new one (which is obvious its meant to) they're going to college but the scene then shows (newly drawn by the way) kids getting off a schoolbus, sooo, again. Yes I think its ok that happened. Should've happened sooner but, you get what you pay for. Which is a dollar a month mostly.
It's amazing to see how people trying to defend an 8 years old project that didnt finished yet but the dev start making remake that no one even wanted to start with. I agree that the game was slow, even waiting 30 seconds to start in pc (same in milfy city) but we are talking about the whole 8 years + this is one of the most funded project in adult gaming industry.

Xupuzulla

Aug 1, 2022
Lil bro playing Summertime in an actual toaster:KEK:

Whiterichie93

Dec 11, 2019
Ok then, good to know that everything besides 2 characters was just sidequests, that clears things right up.
Also, you may want to have your computer checked out if a fucking Renpy game makes it scream in agony.
I mean, yeah im using gamer language. but most of the rest of the game was basically sidequests that didn't impact the maingame in any meaningful way. Go look at the games walkthrough give me a list of the sexscenes in the cookie jar and then show me how many times the game will require you to go through them to see the full story. That what sidequests are. Optional quests. Where as all the other VNs I play you HAVE to fuck all these different characters to get to an ending.
In this one I think you only need to fuck, like, three. Hold on I'll fact check myself. Gimme a day, cuz I still have a life( suprisingly) but I think I'm right.

Reactions: Count Morado

Whiterichie93

Dec 11, 2019
Lil bro playing Summertime in an actual toaster:KEK:
It's a pretty good toaster, but I stand by the code being shit and the game running poorly as a result. Cuz the new version runs exceptionally fast. Other games I have that are way bigger in size run fine too. so *shrug* I support this particular update

DownTheDrain

Donor
Aug 25, 2017
I mean, yeah im using gamer language. but most of the rest of the game was basically sidequests that didn't impact the maingame in any meaningful way. Go look at the games walkthrough give me a list of the sexscenes in the cookie jar and then show me how many times the game will require you to go through them to see the full story. That what sidequests are. Optional quests. Where as all the other VNs I play you HAVE to fuck all these different characters to get to an ending.
In this one I think you only need to fuck, like, three. Hold on I'll fact check myself. Gimme a day, cuz I still have a life( suprisingly) but I think I'm right.
I don't really care how you label it, your gamer language analogy falls completely apart when those sidequests make up 95% of the content.

If you're just here playing the contrarian to entertain yourself then fair enough. There's not much to do in the new update and judging from previous experiences it'll take years before it gets back to where it was content-wise. So you may as well shitpost to get a rise out of people.

Devilbat

Mar 14, 2018
Hey guys. Is there a way to access the cookie jar/gallery please? I don't want to do the whole game again...
Would be appreciated if anyone have any means. Also I tried to download the full save but it doesn't unlock the cookie jar for some reason.

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
Hey guys. Is there a way to access the cookie jar/gallery please? I don't want to do the whole game again...
Would be appreciated if anyone have any means. Also I tried to download the full save but it doesn't unlock the cookie jar for some reason.
Try this: #985

Whiterichie93

Dec 11, 2019
I don't really care how you label it, your gamer language analogy falls completely apart when those sidequests make up 95% of the content.

If you're just here playing the contrarian to entertain yourself then fair enough. There's not much to do in the new update and judging from previous experiences it'll take years before it gets back to where it was content-wise. So you may as well shitpost to get a rise out of people.
and I only bust a nut at 20% of it, like I'm sure most people did, and moved on, then game back to bust a nut at 1% of it and moved on. I'm sorry you're pretending to be mad at a game you probably put like $11 max into. (if you put in anymore than that tho id say you were retarded)
Have of these characters I don't even recognize.

It's amazing to see how people trying to defend an 8 years old project that didnt finished yet but the dev start making remake that no one even wanted to start with. I agree that the game was slow, even waiting 30 seconds to start in pc (same in milfy city) but we are talking about the whole 8 years + this is one of the most funded project in adult gaming industry.
I lost nothing in the past 8 years this game existed. no money. no time. and PAID SUBSCRIBERS VOTED FOR THIS TECH UPDATE. SO THEY DID ASK FOR IT. AND HE STREAMED THE ENTIRE PROCESS, so this is the subscribers own doing. Fuck em. Be careful what you wish for and stop voting for stupid shit. The problem with america is reflected in this american game. HA and evryones complaining and pointing fingers and theyre all people who never contributed positively in the first place. Ehh, probably too preachy that one.

Reactions: Maericke and otranu

nnorc

Oct 15, 2023
PAID SUBSCRIBERS VOTED FOR THIS TECH UPDATE. SO THEY DID ASK FOR IT. AND HE STREAMED THE ENTIRE PROCESS, so this is the subscribers own doing.
Hindsight 20/20 I doubt anyone would have voted for this knowing what was actually going to be wrought. I would argue that the streams kind of obfuscated the actual progress or lack there of that was actually making. I think he screwed over all the fans regardless of supporter status.

nnorc

Oct 15, 2023
To add to this, This is the same kind of crap Peter Molyneux pulled with Godus, lots of promises, very little in the way of deliverables. Deceived lots of people, myself included.

Reactions: Logan3000x

DownTheDrain

Donor
Aug 25, 2017
and I only bust a nut at 20% of it, like I'm sure most people did, and moved on, then game back to bust a nut at 1% of it and moved on. I'm sorry you're pretending to be mad at a game you probably put like $11 max into. (if you put in anymore than that tho id say you were retarded)
Have of these characters I don't even recognize.
What's your point?
How much or how little of it you enjoyed isn't an argument for (temporarily) removing almost all of it. Likewise, how much or how little anyone spent on it doesn't excuse the state of the game after 8 years.
I'm genuinely not sure what you're trying to argue here.

As for being mad, I doubt anyone in here really is. The update was shit, although even worse than expected, so it's more fun to bitch about it than to replay what little content there is. A few days from now everyone will have moved on and we'll all reconvene in two months, when the next thoroughly disappointing update drops, to bitch about it some more.

4.10 star(s) 359 Votes