stinkloch

Jun 18, 2017
Regarding the troubles big brother et al have or had with patreon concerning certain content (incest etc.), has this game been affected/rewritten?
Sorry if that question was asked but I have been out of the loop for a while.

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
... has this game been affected/rewritten?
No, not really. The only change has been that the default names of sis and mom have been changed to Jenny and Debbie and that the patreon page has been cleaned up a bit, so it does look more like a dating sim (which it will partly be anyway) while "family content" is now referred to as home stories.

I'd guess the fact that the whole game is drawn and has a light and "innocent" yet still grown up atmosphere really helps here in general.

Ungawa

Apr 16, 2017
THE BEST GAME I HAVE BEEN PLAYED !! , why ? Awesome arts,scenario,animations,,dialogues, and more and more this game deserves to win a oscar.
Oscars are rigged anyway. I'll agree that the game (along with many other VNs) deserve more recognition, but let's not get ahead of ourselves. The game needs a lot of duck butter but it's good at what it's done so far.

Reactions: dunhill
U

User_215882

Regarding the troubles big brother et al have or had with patreon concerning certain content (incest etc.), has this game been affected/rewritten?
Sorry if that question was asked but I have been out of the loop for a while.
Unlike DC, DS did not take any steps to prevent a review. First his page was asking for it unlike DC which only hints at naughty content.

stinkloch

Jun 18, 2017
Unlike DC, DS did not take any steps to prevent a review. First his page was asking for it unlike DC which only hints at naughty content.
Well, has SummertimeSaga been reviewed yet and got an ok by Patreon? Patreon seems pretty arbitrary in choosing the people they go after. And how do you prevent a review?

U

User_215882

Well, has SummertimeSaga been reviewed yet and got an ok by Patreon? Patreon seems pretty arbitrary in choosing the people they go after. And how do you prevent a review?
So far with reviews it seems it comes down to what is displayed on your page and from users reporting devs to patreon. DC has a pretty clean page and a solid fan base.

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
Well, SummertimeSaga has the most on patreon so they'll certainly have had a look. As said before, Big Brother probably simply ticket too many boxes since has basically a very challenging title, mostly family content, a strong underage feeling, a very telling patreonpage etc.

Edit: After the problems some months ago when patreon cracked down on adult games for the first time he really should have anticipated those things and I'm sure the game would still be online. Just like DMD managed to get by until now (Edit: Well, I have to take that bit back).

That's why I don't really expect any problems for Summertime saga right now and if so the changes will have to be very very small anyway, since the game really doesn't rely on incest, necrophilia, obviously non consensual sex or underage characters (apparently those are the things patreon really doesn't like).

Reactions: stal1234

Ignazzio

Engaged Member
Donor
May 8, 2017
I would say it's a matter of time for suspension just like it was a matter of time for BB. SS indeed has it a bit easier as it can cut off whole incest without breaking a game. But it would be hard for DC as there are sitloads of such content there. They can also go after underage tag so that would be more difficult to overcome.

GrandJury

Oct 26, 2017
I think that DarkCookie already work on solution to this patreon policy :) so everything should be fine hopefully.

j4yj4m

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2017
SS indeed has it a bit easier as it can cut off whole incest without breaking a game. But it would be hard for DC as there are sitloads of such content there.
Yes, I mean you could remove the "real incest" from SS within few lines. Just make MC the kid of his dead dad who met Debbie when MC was very small. While Jenny is a result of Debbie's wild times. Of course it remains an incesty feeling but there's even less to be angry about for patreon. If you want to be even more safe you could make MC's dad single mum Debbie's "best friend (with benefits)/soon to be husband after both of their partners died years ago" and thus MC moved in after his dad was killed. There are many possibilities which could be done within a few days and without much work.

So I'm actually pretty sure that SS as a game is 100% safe as long as patreon doesn't decide to ban almost all of its adult content.

lostraven

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Apr 27, 2017
Yes, I mean you could remove the "real incest" from SS within few lines. Just make MC the kid of his dead dad who met Debbie when MC was very small. While Jenny is a result of Debbie's wild times. Of course it remains an incesty feeling but there's even less to be angry about for patreon. If you want to be even more safe you could make MC's dad single mum Debbie's "best friend (with benefits)/soon to be husband after both of their partners died years ago" and thus MC moved in after his dad was killed. There are many possibilities which could be done within a few days and without much work.

So I'm actually pretty sure that SS as a game is 100% safe as long as patreon doesn't decide to ban almost all of its adult content.
Thankfully, even if the incest was banned (which given the size of the game and the fact he's only had to make a few minro changes on the patreon, I think they'll let it slide, lol, it is basically a cash cow), there's always lewd patcher! :D

4.10 star(s) 357 Votes